• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DASchenk85

DASchenk85
1 month ago#1
On my first playthrough (Blue Lions) and im just desperate to get through it now, because its just so dang bo~oring on normal route. I can't even stand to explore or do side battles anymore. My fighters just steamroll everything, no strategy required

I know that Hard is really FE normal, but im still kinda worried that it'll suck. Though im not gonna lie, im not too mad that i don't have to restart maps anymore, thanks to the Divine Pulse feature

What do y'all think of Maddening, is it enjoyable, or just plain frustrating most of the time? Does it only suck if somebody completely neglects all forms of planning?

User Info: Protian

Protian
1 month ago#2
Depending on how much you're spoiling yourself by watching let's plays or w/e there are going to be things that you can't plan for except by seeing it and then divine pulsing and adjusting.

Many of which are hard to come up with a plan for, and it's definitely possible to soft lock yourself by not having the correct battalions, builds, w/e, where you would have to reload the previous save for example. Though, by no means is this a common occurrence.

I know a lot of people get frustrated by it.

If you've done cindered shadows that will give you the proper mindset for maddening, in that you need to have some ulterior plans and think a little outside of the box.

If you like solving puzzles then I think you'll enjoy it.

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
1 month ago#3
i find it fun, yes
Proud member of the Shadow Dragon defense force.

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
1 month ago#4
If you have no responsibilities at the moment to deal with then yeah

Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: D412kKn16h7

D412kKn16h7
1 month ago#5
Maddening is a change in perspective. You need to play differently in that mode and that's the hardest part. It's much more fun once you're used to it though.

I'd recommend trying Maddening on a NG+, then you have all the bonuses to help you out in the start and can ease into the mode. Leave a fresh Maddening playthrough for when you know the mode inside and out.
FC: 1977-1447-4925

DASchenk85
1 month ago#6
Sound interesting, I'm stated with GBA Fire Emblem back in the day. So i'm used to learning a map because i watched one of my dudes get slaughtered

i've had some experience with the harder difficulties in Awakening and Fates
is this similar to that?

User Info: Theysaidit

Theysaidit
1 month ago#7
Maddening is fun for some and not others. You will be massively out gunned, but it can all be done. Some bosses will be able to one round your entire team most likely or at least 80% of it. A dodge tank makes the game much easier. Also for your first run I suggest casual. The reason is some maps you may just decide you just want it over and do not want to take the time to do the safe thing.

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
1 month ago#8
It's alright. Not great, but not... Radiant dawn levels of unfun.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

DASchenk85
1 month ago#9
Theysaidit posted...
Maddening is fun for some and not others. You will be massively out gunned, but it can all be done. Some bosses will be able to one round your entire team most likely or at least 80% of it. A dodge tank makes the game much easier. Also for your first run I suggest casual. The reason is some maps you may just decide you just want it over and do not want to take the time to do the safe thing.
This actually makes a lot of sense
Divine Pulses essentially neutered the permadeath anyway

User Info: Tmaster148

Tmaster148
1 month ago#10
I find maddening a lot more fun than hard, because hard was too much of a cake walk.
http://i.imgur.com/BBcZDLJ.png
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A