• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. GD is my favourite house but I will admit VW stole from SS

User Info: AzureFEF

AzureFEF
1 month ago#1
Why do people think the other way around?
#1 Caspar fan on gamefaqs

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 month ago#2
They don't like the idea that SS came first. I wouldn't say VW stole from SS though. It just put Claude Sauce on it and made it more palatable...for most people. I dislike Claude personally so SS is my preferred route.
But I understand SS fans are few.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: DanTazar

DanTazar
1 month ago#3
Its just that SS sucked because having Byleth (the silent protagonist) driving the plot was dumb and didn't work, Byleth only works because of his relationship with the lords that drive the plot. SS would have been good, if Rhea was the lord of that route.

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 month ago#4
AzureFEF posted...
Why do people think the other way around?
Judith's involvement and the disguise plan (the latter of which isn't even properly explained in SS.)

SS was conceived first, no doubt, but SS and VW were probably developed simultaneously.
Peony squad for life. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 month ago#5
Because SS feels incomplete, several elements don't make sense, the knights/cyril have way more supports with the Golden Deer and the core theme of old students fighting against each other is all but gone since you have the Black Eagles on your team.

And no, I'm not saying I think VW came first.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

BloodMoon7
1 month ago#6
Mjolnirboi posted...
Judith's involvement and the disguise plan (the latter of which isn't even properly explained in SS.)

SS was conceived first, no doubt, but SS and VW were probably developed simultaneously.
I feel like the disguise plan was a SS thing. Verdant Wind just put Claude Sauce on it again. I mean it's a stupid plan, even if Empire soldiers are even dumber. It should have failed drastically. Claude's big thing is being the "Master Tactician" yet his big plan was lul let's sneak in by dressing up as Empire soldiers and hope the Death Knight won't immediately notice!

Meanwhile the Death Knight immediately notice. "You had one job Empire soldier #4367!"
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: Zorume

Zorume
1 month ago#7
DanTazar posted...
Its just that SS sucked because having Byleth (the silent protagonist) driving the plot was dumb and didn't work, Byleth only works because of his relationship with the lords that drive the plot. SS would have been good, if Rhea was the lord of that route.
Baffles me why the didn't make Rhea the Lord of that route. You wouldn't even need to change much plot wise

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 month ago#8
BloodMoon7 posted...
I feel like the disguise plan was a SS thing. Verdant Wind just put Claude Sauce on it again. I mean it's a stupid plan, even if Empire soldiers are even dumber. It should have failed drastically.

It DID fail drastically. That's why TWSITD knew to bomb the hell out of Merceus.

BloodMoon7 posted...
Claude's big thing is being the "Master Tactician" yet his big plan was lul let's sneak in by dressing up as Empire soldiers and hope the Death Knight won't immediately notice!

He admits he's nothing without Byleth though. The idea of Byleth concocting something this wacky is just nonsensical.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

BloodMoon7
1 month ago#9
It's because it's wacky that I consider it a Byleth plan. Have you played SS? Half of Byleth's plans are pulled out of their ass. The other half is Seteth trying to read Byleth's mind and coming up with something that Byleth just nods stupidly to. Silver Snow is a bizzare journey.

User Info: AlexGamer

AlexGamer
1 month ago#10
DanTazar posted...
Ironically without the lords on screen the story actually becomes believable and less happy and by some extend less s***ty.

Gronder field in SS is the best and most believable version of that map.........because it never happens on screen which makes you believe that the whole battle was a massacre where everyone slaughtered each other, in contrast to AM and VW where it is f***ing braindead dumb

Claude: Dimitri we have the same enemy let's join forces

Dimitri: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! get out of my way I'll kill you all!!!!!

or

Claude kills Ingrid: "oh I'm so sorry this "fog" stopped me from recognizing you, my mistake"

Morover in terms of narative SS is truly the best when it comes to irony:

Dimitri: dies without learning the truth while being insane and full of regrets

Claude: has his dreams crushed and leaves back home

Edelgard: by the end of the route the church gains more power then it ever had since the start of the game, bonus points if Rhea becomes the queen.

delicious irony
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb"
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. GD is my favourite house but I will admit VW stole from SS
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A