• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Edelgard has good magic, what's a decent magic or mixed route for her?

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
1 month ago#1
Her unique class can't use magic which is absolute BS. Is there something more fitting than mortal savant? Maybe dark knight?
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax

User Info: Enryx25

Enryx25
1 month ago#2
Dark Flier is a good class for her
NO.

User Info: Maxwell98242

Maxwell98242
1 month ago#3
I'm making her into a Valkyrie in my 2nd CF playthrough,but Dark Flier probably works for her to if you have the dlc. But other then that?Warlock mayby? Or Gremory? Her unique class really should've been allowed to use magic.

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 month ago#4
Gremory helps all her magic, has 5 move and you can use her unique outfit. Seraphim is also really good.

Dark Knight and Dark Flier have Canto. Dark Knight works for all reason magic, so that's cool. DF Edelgard is dealing a bit less damage with her stronger spells, but flight is still flight.
Peony squad for life. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: Maverick3000

Maverick3000
1 month ago#5
Valkyrie or Dark Flier. Dark Knight is ok but Valkyrie and Dark Flier require less resources and can be acquired earlier. Bolt Axes are also much easier to acquire now, so you can use those.

This is all assuming you have the DLC of course
we're not all geniuses like you Maverick. >_> - AWrulez

User Info: MisterTellius

MisterTellius
1 month ago#6
Know that even in a physical class, Edelgard can still do great magic damage with a Levin Sword (she has proficiency in swords anyway), and she learns Lightning Axe at A-Rank Axes.

As for classes, Wyvern Lord keeps her physically durable while still allowing the aforementioned methods for magic damage.

Dark Flier is possible for spells, but you'll be missing out on an appropriate -faire ability, sort of. Dark Flier gives Black Tomefaire, which only helps out her Fire and Bolganone spells. She needs Dark Tomefaire for her Luna and Hades spells. Which is totally fine, but it's something worth pointing out. If you want Dark Tomefaire you wont get it until she gets to S+ in Reason (and good luck with how short Crimson Flower is). Considering she's a bit tanky by default even in a magic class and will develop decent res in one as well, the Trasmute ability will work REALLY well for her. This could be fun. Or you could at least master Dark Flier and carry that ability over to another class. Worth staying in, though.

Gremory is worth considering. You'll get twice the uses in both her types of spells, though you'll still have to work for Dark Tomefaire at S+. She's weak in Faith but Seraphim is cool too. I recommend keeping her appearance as her default Armored Lord one for this as well; it's super fun to see her with those animations in full regal armor.

Dark Knight has Dark AND Black Tomefaire by default. Training Lance and Riding ranks to get to it will be tedious, but it's also worth it. Mostly for the movement.

User Info: Vermillionw

Vermillionw
1 month ago#7
I personnaly went for Dark knight the first time I played Crimson flower, and She was really strong physically AND Magically speaking, It's one of her best class definetly. (I was really hoping to have malig knight in the DLC for this reason, she's really strong with magic and strength).

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
1 month ago#8
Her canon Class really shoulda let her use magic the same way the other lords can use other weapons...
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: darkmoon6789

darkmoon6789
1 month ago#9
I did actually try out a magic Edelgard in my first play through, went for monk, mage, dancer and then mortal savant. This was before the dlc, she did use levin sword a lot and sword dance worked out really well thanks to her high charisma. Probably not the best, but it did the job. I do wish that the Emperor class was able to use magic, it is in my opinion, her most badass class outfit.

User Info: Thellis

Thellis
1 month ago#10
GallantChaddymn posted...
Her canon Class really shoulda let her use magic the same way the other lords can use other weapons...

every lord can use every weapon, because weapons aren't locked

the reason for non magic is it makes her pretty much uncounterable due to the combo of good magic, good def, and access to every weapon type on top of it, add in her big boi axe and she's a hell of alot scarier to fight than a (player trained) huburt or lysthea ever is

it also makes thematic sense, why bother with casting when you can use an axe to achieve the same effect with less effort? (the reason she's heavy armor + axe is it doesn't FEEL like heavy armor and an axe to her, it's light)

iammaxhailme posted...
Her unique class can't use magic which is absolute BS. Is there something more fitting than mortal savant? Maybe dark knight?

her most fitting class is emp, the magic is there for earlier stages in the game before you get (relative) easy access to magic weapons, and the emp class
it also helps with some gambits and a few other misc things

why is there a need to put her in a magic class anyway? with movement enhancing items and items to boost her hit rate pretty much any physical class is vastly better for her late game, since it boosts her ability to jump around decimating an army that has you surrounded with relative ease, albeit only on occasion as you must repair the big boi and the cost is..sadly rather high (understandably, she's a monster it with and being able to just use umbra would result in El being the MVP on every map once you get it
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Edelgard has good magic, what's a decent magic or mixed route for her?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A