• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Trickster class discussion thread.

User Info: Enryx25

Enryx25
3 days ago#1
Now that the DLC is out, I plan to do a thread for each new class.

Certification Requirement
Sword B
Faith B

Skill Experience Bonuses
Sword +3
Reason +1
Faith +2

Abilities
Locktouch
Stealth
Lucky Seven : +5 to a random stat for one turn each turn
Duelist’s Blow (Class Mastered) : +20 Avo when Initiating Combat

Movement

Combat Arts
Foul Play (Class Mastered) : Unit swaps positions with an ally in range. (1-5)

Growth Rates
HP 20%
Dex 15%
Spd 20%
Lck 10%
Res 5%

Base stats
Hp 28
Str 14
Mag 12
Dex 10
Spd 14
Lck 12
Def 10
Res 10

Stat modifiers
+3 Dex
+4 Spd
+3 Lck
+1 Res

1) Which characters do benefit from this class?
2) Is Trickster a good class?
NO.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Tmaster148

Tmaster148
3 days ago#2
Manuela and Anna are pretty much the main's games ideal Trickster candidates. Speedy characters with useful Faith spell lists.

A couple of other characters that can benefit are Marianne and Dorothea.
Dorothea can still use her spells and gains stealth to help her better position for her personal skill.
Marianne is a more offensive healer compared to Linhardt and Marianne and trickster is a more combat focus class than bishop is.

Personally I think Trickster is a great class. It fills the role as a utility class for those who aren't healers. The only upsetting aspect is that Trickster halves your spell usage. Duelist Blow is also not a great skill either imo, but it does work well on stealth units as they can avoid tanking on EP. Although it might be interesting to run duelist blow on fliers like Ingrid who have high speed and can canto to safety.
http://i.imgur.com/BBcZDLJ.png

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
3 days ago#3
It's pretty alright. It contests with Assassin at level 20 and Mortal Savant at level 30.

It's more versatile than Assassin, but any pure physical character will be better as Assassin - in fights, anyway. Foul Play is bonkers.

Endgame, you MS gets Sword- and Tomefaire and an additional point of move. Again - Foul Play is pretty busted.

It's not top of the line, and it's not terrible.
Peony squad for life. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
3 days ago#4
Good for Warp/Rescue strats due to Foul Play. Rolling +5 MAG on Lucky Seven is nice.

Combat wise, lol.

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
3 days ago#5
If only it had 6 move, it'd have been great
Proud member of the Shadow Dragon defense force.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
3 days ago#6
For future reference on these kinds of threads, you should list the stat modifiers and move (possibly also details of combat arts) as well. As is it's pretty hard to tell one way or the other for anyone unfamiliar with those things if the class is any good or not because the most important details aren't even listed
Meow!

User Info: Enryx25

Enryx25
3 days ago#7
Panthera posted...
For future reference on these kinds of threads, you should list the stat modifiers and move (possibly also details of combat arts) as well. As is it's pretty hard to tell one way or the other for anyone unfamiliar with those things if the class is any good or not because the most important details aren't even listed
Thank you. This is my first time making a thread like this so I knew I was missing something :)
NO.

User Info: HermelinHero

HermelinHero
3 days ago#8
I've currently using it on Yuri( NG+ BL Maddening) and he is performing absolutely amazing.

He can dodge somewhat reliably and smack around Armours/Archers like its nothing.

User Info: Protian

Protian
3 days ago#9
Dekadense posted...
Good for Warp/Rescue strats due to Foul Play. Rolling +5 MAG on Lucky Seven is nice.

Combat wise, lol.

Pretty much this. I would probably say if you want it for combat you're going to have to go physical because the spell casts cut in half is going to kill you mid game and for some characters late game as well.

The additional healing is fine though. Since it's already supplemental losing half the charges isn't a complete deal breaker.

Basically Foul Play is a limited function warp/rescue with unlimited charges. Given that you probably are going to have 2-4 charges of warp throughout your play through, suddenly getting an unlimited use sub-warp is actually pretty good.

Yuri's canto ring helps empower the class, as do stat boosters for movement, and the move +1 ability from riding.

Niche spells like silence, ward, or restore would be really nice in this class since you rarely need all the charges, their strength is binary (meaning it either works or doesn't), and this way you always have them when you need them and can cast them with a relatively low opportunity cost.

Other decent spells would be physic, rescue, and warp.

Manuela has a great spell list for this class but can't use Yuri's ring, that being said this may be Manuela's best class. Ferdinand also has a great spell list for the class but there's a pretty big opportunity cost in not making him a wyvern rider.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Toadmode

Toadmode
3 days ago#10
5 movement is terrible. Being infantry is terrible. No faire is terrible.

I’m not seeing the reason for it over Assassin, unless you’re going for LTC foul play.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Trickster class discussion thread.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A