• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I really hope they remove the paralogue system next time...

User Info: HermelinHero

HermelinHero
3 days ago#11
deadpool_legend posted...
Have you played Hapi and Balthus'? Also any of them where your units get separated is bad. I believe Mercedes' does this too.
I've just unlocked this Paralouge( though thankfully haven't recruited Balthus so he will have Maddening Mode guest stats) how bad is it?
I don't have a great recollection of Fates' but 3H and Awakening have some really unbalanced ones.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. It was kind of stupid that some child paralogues in Awakening were so easy , while others were so hard, specially some of those harder ones were usually unlocked earlier than the easier ones.

Fates on the other hand, had it scale with chapters. It raised a few problems, but there was no paralogue that was too ridiculous for the time one played, unless you played the hardest ones really late.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 3 days ago)
Why shouldn't they be challenging?

User Info: deadpool_legend

deadpool_legend
3 days ago#14
NohrianScum228 posted...
Why shouldn't they be challenging?

It's not about that. I expect the difficulty of a game to have a curve, not just flit about randomly. Plus the "challenge" in the harder paralogues is to just throw a unit you've never used into the middle of the battlefield literally alone. That's not difficulty. That's just cheap.
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3

deadpool_legend
3 days ago#15
HermelinHero posted...
I've just unlocked this Paralouge( though thankfully haven't recruited Balthus so he will have Maddening Mode guest stats) how bad is it?

Your team is scattered to all corners of the map. Every unit is alone for the most part so any healers can eat dirt effectively. Plus seemingly random reinforcements
-Deadpool, Issue #3

User Info: billyu6

billyu6
3 days ago#16
They're fine. They take me out of my comfort zone and make me learn to play the game better in order to get better and more rewards. Vs the other maps that pretty much allow you to crawl through them and take it easy.

User Info: Zorume

Zorume
3 days ago#17
They can still have a good story without the wildly fluctuating difficulty.

Marriane's comes to mind in addition to Balthus and Hapi's
Marriane's not too bad. Just bring some torches and have Marriane wait around until the main force gets below her and have her join up, completely avoiding having to use her if you haven't trained her. Mercedes and Caspar's though, God damn I hate that one with a passion. No way to avoid them having to fight, and you got to do some dancer+warp shenanigans to get a flier over the hordes of enemies and the giant forest to help out if those 2 are too weak.
(edited 3 days ago)

deadpool_legend
3 days ago#18
Zorume posted...
Marriane's not too bad. Just bring some torches and have Marriane wait around until the main force gets below her and have her join up, completely avoiding having to use her if you haven't trained her. Mercedes and Caspar's though, God damn I hate that one with a passion. No way to avoid them having to fight, and you got to do some dancer+warp shenanigans to get a flier over the hordes of enemies and the giant forest to help out if those 2 are too weak.

My one saving grace on that one is that I always use Caspar so I at least have him to keep enemies off Mercedes
-Deadpool, Issue #3
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I really hope they remove the paralogue system next time...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A