• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I really hope they remove the paralogue system next time...
For the past 3 western releases the paralogues have been stupidly balanced levels that are randomly ridiculously harder than the main campaign on the justification of "well you don't HAVE to do them right now."

Just go back to offering side missions that are leveled properly in the middle of the story that you do right then or not at all.

If you're wondering what spurred this topic, it was Balthus and Hapi's paralogue. I did finish it, but it didn't feel rewarding at all.
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: quanticdream

quanticdream
3 days ago#2
I'll take paralogues over any other side mission because it offers extra story and character development, instead of just combat for the sake of combat.

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
3 days ago#3
Most of them are good but the ones that are bad, are very, very bad.

User Info: deadpool_legend

deadpool_legend
3 days ago#4
quanticdream posted...
I'll take paralogues over any other side mission because it offers extra story and character development, instead of just combat for the sake of combat.

They can still have a good story without the wildly fluctuating difficulty.

Dekadense posted...
Most of them are good but the ones that are bad, are very, very bad.

Marriane's comes to mind in addition to Balthus and Hapi's
-Deadpool, Issue #3
(edited 3 days ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: Trials_of_RNG

Trials_of_RNG
3 days ago#6
quanticdream posted...
I mean, aren't paralogues side missions? They could make it so the side mission requires so and so characters to participate and make them the "stars" of the side missions just like the Paralogues, except keeping them on a more strict window of time to prevent balancing issues, which I believe is TC's problem with them.
Fates paralogues were good. I have few complaints about those, so not sure what you are on about.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

deadpool_legend
3 days ago#8
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Fates paralogues were good. I have few complaints about those, so not sure what you are on about.

I don't have a great recollection of Fates' but 3H and Awakening have some really unbalanced ones.
-Deadpool, Issue #3

User Info: MrMayhem

MrMayhem
3 days ago#9
Mariannes, that’s it

deadpool_legend
3 days ago#10
MrMayhem posted...
Mariannes, that’s it

Have you played Hapi and Balthus'? Also any of them where your units get separated is bad. I believe Mercedes' does this too.
-Deadpool, Issue #3
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I really hope they remove the paralogue system next time...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A