• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Even now, Rhea reaches staggeringly new levels of idiocy [DLC Spoilers]

User Info: starbolt13

starbolt13
1 week ago#1
I've been able to overlook a lot of Rhea's more questionable decision making because she still seemed like a well intentioned person, just.. not super competent? But never truly reaching mind numbing levels of stupidity.

Then I found out that she outlawed technological advancements and medicinal advancements, for the simple reason that "Church good. Medicine bad."

That's it that's the only reason. I don't know if this is another gaff on the part of the translation team, but if this is the sole reason for improving the quality of life for an entire continent then... Huge oof.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 week ago#2
Linhardt says some of the books look to be forgeries, but doesn't say which is which, so I guess you can reject or accept the lore as you see fit.

I know someone on Tumblr is taking a look at the books at a case-by-case basis to see which ones seem plausible, but they're only on the first: https://faroreswinds.tumblr.com/post/190816034399/

There was a Twitter post on another book, but I can't remember the username. EDIT: Found it! https://mobile.twitter.com/XtremeChrono/status/1228113769714176001
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Wolkenritter

Wolkenritter
1 week ago#3
And Edelgard is equally dumb and wrong as usual for claiming that it was the Church and Rhea who split Fodlan to more easily control it when it was actually the slithers who caused it.
FE: Fates Castle (Rare skills): 07467-49523-42179-31153
3DS Friend Code: 4210-4735-4319

User Info: Noisette

Noisette
1 week ago#4
Wolkenritter posted...
And Edelgard is equally dumb and wrong as usual for claiming that it was the Church and Rhea who split Fodlan to more easily control it when it was actually the slithers who caused it.
It doesn't work that way. Rhea is the direct cause of keeping humanity from advancing. Edelgard only knows history that is passed down from her family and isn't kept anywhere else.

In no way does that make Edelgard dumb, history is controlled by the Slithers in secret.

User Info: Misha-Heart

Misha-Heart
1 week ago#5
Wolkenritter posted...
Nobody said Edelgard but okay.
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
"Life is long when you live it, but oh so short when you look back."

User Info: Thorscape

Thorscape
1 week ago#6
StellaLunaris posted...
Linhardt says some of the books look to be forgeries, but doesn't say which is which, so I guess you can reject or accept the lore as you see fit.

I know someone on Tumblr is taking a look at the books at a case-by-case basis to see which ones seem plausible, but they're only on the first: https://faroreswinds.tumblr.com/post/190816034399/

There was a Twitter post on another book, but I can't remember the username. EDIT: Found it! https://mobile.twitter.com/XtremeChrono/status/1228113769714176001
TL;DR all information in game is unreliable and only things that happen on screen are verifiable. Otherwise it's speculation or half baked ideas.

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 week ago#7
Noisette posted...
It doesn't work that way. Rhea is the direct cause of keeping humanity from advancing. Edelgard only knows history that is passed down from her family and isn't kept anywhere else.

In no way does that make Edelgard dumb, history is controlled by the Slithers in secret.

Oh, please show us how advanced humanity outside Fodlan is...

User Info: Koola1

Koola1
1 week ago#8
Recon868 posted...
Oh, please show us how advanced humanity outside Fodlan is...
Those who Slither in the Dark with their nuclear missiles?

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 week ago#9
Koola1 posted...
Those who Slither in the Dark with their nuclear missiles?

I am referring to other nations. Slitherers are indeed technologically advanced, but were so long before the Church of Seiros

All nations surrounding Fodlan never successfully invade Fodlan, nor do they show any evidence of noticable technological advancement. Almyra is basically medieval Persia or Turkey for example.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Koola1

Koola1
1 week ago#10
Recon868 posted...
I am referring to other nations. Slitherers are indeed technologically advanced, but were so long before the Church of Seiros

All nations surrounding Fodlan never successfully invade Fodlan, nor do they show any evidence of noticable technological advancement. Almyra is basically medieval Persia or Turkey for example.
Isn't the fact that Fodlan isn't advanced proof that the church is suppressing technological advancements? After all, The Slitherers were the people who made first contact with Sothis. If they had advanced technology back then, got wiped out, and now Fodlan's merry-goers don't have advanced technology while living under Rhea's church...

Surely that implies that someone is holding back technological advancements to at least get back to where humanity on Fodlan was before the Nemesis incident? I doubt it'd take over a thousand years to at least break even.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Even now, Rhea reaches staggeringly new levels of idiocy [DLC Spoilers]
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A