• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Honestly i was kinda expecting some sort of pvp mode as dlc

User Info: Zorume

Zorume
3 days ago#11
End_of_Day posted...
How about like... map building and sharing...
That would be great imo, though that's not pvp.
I would have loved pvp for this game. Choose a House and fight!

I'm disappointed Fates had pvp but 3H didn't
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mario 3D World and NieR: Automata for Nintendo Switch!

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
3 days ago#13
1/46 lol at the votes
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: quanticdream

quanticdream
3 days ago#14
What? No. God no. I guess what we had in Fates was alright, but... no.
FireEmblem and PvP dont really mix. Its been done b4 and it's never been all that great.

Advance Wars is what ur looking for if you want PvP in this genre.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
End_of_Day posted...

That would actually be pretty dope.

End_of_Day posted...

That would actually be pretty dope.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: Therony

Therony
3 days ago#17
You know a battle of gronder style pvp with 3 player and different objective could have been redeemable in some way.
3DS code: 4914-7066-7161
Switch ID: SW-7668-5761-0983

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
3 days ago#18
Therony posted...
You know a battle of gronder style pvp with 3 player and different objective could have been redeemable in some way.
This could be really fun, though just as fun or maybe even better if I can simply set up the 3 sides to my liking and control any one. I used to do that on FF Tactics a lot, use Gameshark codes like Enemy Control cheat and put player team on autobattle to just be the opposite team. Or using debug mode to custom set up 4v4 battles. It can be fun to see if I can come up with ways for an enemy team to defeat Ramza when he's got an OP ability set like Two Swords+Blade Grasp, pretty much comes down to using magic against him so it becomes strategic in that way. Or if they can't win, could they have forced any player unit to crystalize?

On Tactics Ogre I have a dozen or so Dark Knights Loslorien units added via Gameshark, Training Mode can be used to set up 10v10 battles against normally usable units on any map. Gameshark can force Training Mode to use indoor & story only maps, I usually pick one at random from the final ~20-25 floor dungeon or the postgame 100 floor dungeon or one of the story maps where you normally fight them. It can be pretty challenging to win using a normal team against:
  • Death Templar: The faction leader & hardest boss unit in the game by far.
  • 7 Knight Commanders: boss units, all of whom can use any magic and all having their own personal weapon similar to the Hero Relics in Three Houses plus special ability similar to a combat that allows 1-2 range with status effects and can't be countered.
  • 2 Templar Knights to act as healers/mages: Enemy only class that can do well at anything though they work best as tanky mages/healers, they actually have better magic than the boss units besides the Death Templar who is the best at everything basically.

For instance, reverse Chapter 12 on Three House could be really fun, like can we win using the preset enemy team against just 10-12 well built & overleveled units. It also has the added element that usually the enemy won't all just zerg rush the player so this shows if the player team can win even with more pressure due to all enemies rushing. It would feel a lot like Cindered Shadows tbh since we'd have some decent base units but only basic builds and relatively lower skill ranks, plus the DLC maps had many enemies just rush the player from the start. If controlling the enemy vs CF player team you'd have Rhea with Commander plus the church units with somewhat decent setups and high stats on them, but the generics would be basically fodder for an optimally built team(everyone having 5 great abilities, like every male having Quick Riposte, did exams like Fortress/Bishop at L20 boost base Def/Res/HP, great battalions on everyone). Only thing that could ruin it is if the autobattle AI was dumb and just sit at the start, due to reinforcements. I haven't used it much, though "Charge" seems like it would avoid that. Other route versions we'd have Edelgard in Flame Emperor with Commander & Counterattack, Death Knight with Commander & Counterattack, plus Demonic Beats

User Info: dontdoxmebro

dontdoxmebro
3 days ago#19
Not every single game needs multiplayer and the kind of people who ask for it in everything annoy the crap out of me

User Info: A-Omega16

A-Omega16
3 days ago#20
I play this game not only because I like the series but also because I’m trying to get AWAY from multiplayer/pvp games
"You might as well give up"
Some advice from the best girl Hilda
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Honestly i was kinda expecting some sort of pvp mode as dlc
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A