• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How are you supposed to beat the DLC boss?

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
1 week ago#1
He just infinitely spawns healing back up near the end and f***s you over no matter what,
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

spikethedevil
1 week ago#2
He just spawns more and more and there is nothing you can do it's impossible and his unbreakable shield/armour doesn't help
(message deleted)

User Info: Karovorak

Karovorak
1 week ago#4
C'mon, you just told everyone that chapter 4 is not possible, and now you are doing the same, not even 4 hours later?

User Info: Fenumber1fan

Fenumber1fan
1 week ago#5
Ummmm

He spawns 2 at a time. You have 11 units. You have two designated re-enforcement killers and the other 9 just wail on the monster.

spikethedevil
1 week ago#6
He keeps spawning more then two once he gets to his 1 before last bar of health. I had about 8 in the arena at one point. His defences are grossly unfair.

spikethedevil
1 week ago#7
Bump.

User Info: AlexGamer

AlexGamer
1 week ago#8
Git gud for Fs sake, use gambits for his shield, use hapis super effective attacks, make sure that when you break his shield you gambit the boss with a character that can tank his attacks so he doesn't target a weaker unit, use edelgard, use foul play to move your units when he teleports you.
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb"

User Info: Homura_Maxwell

Homura_Maxwell
1 week ago#9
Just beat him. Here's my strat:

First off, you need to have two designated phantom killers (in my case, it was Baltie and Hilda) or he will never die and they'll chip your team to death. You mustn't neglect them.

I had a sort of cycle going on, it went like this:

Turn 1: position units that'll attack the boss. Once they're near it, heal up as necessary with the infinite concoctions (do NOT attack the boss, be sure he's at full health)
Edit: Forgot to mention this but make sure the units aren't in the boss' attack range, it'll ruin everything

Turn 2: Kill phantoms with the designated phantom killers. In theory, they should be weakened since the boss leeched life from them, it shouldn't be hard.
Go to the boss and gambit him with a unit you know for sure the boss won't double (preferably one with Canto) to get rid of an entire tile of protection. Then, proceed to attack with the rest of your units and deal as much damage as possible. It is important to have long range weapons for this, in case someone is in the way (always have a hand axe on Edelgard and Claude [or bows if you prefer] and a javelin on Dimitri). Do NOT use Death or Bolting against the boss, it will kill Hapi and Constance on the spot.

Turn 3: The boss will be preparing its special attack. This attack can't deal more than 25% of a unit's HP, so heal units as needed so they'll all be above that threshold. It's also really important that you kill the phantoms. If you don't, there's a chance that one of your units will be repositioned next to one and be killed. Basically, during this turn, kill the phantoms and heal up. Positioning doesn't matter because it'll change next turn.

Turn 4-??: Kill the phantoms and heal up until you're confortable enough to repeat the cycle again.

It's important to know when to be defensive. The boss will not attack you if you're not in range, and if it doesn't attack you, it won't do its special attack. Make use of every single unit's strengths. Abuse Yuri's repositioning skill, abuse Canto, abuse gambit and abuse Byleth's special combat art. Best of luck to you!
"I'm the grandson of the grandson oF tHe gRaNdSoN of the elite Riegan! Now tell me who you are!"
-Claude von Riegan, talking to a giant bird

spikethedevil
1 week ago#10
The problem is that you can only do chip damage which is stupidly unfair and when you attack the thing it can kill you so fast.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How are you supposed to beat the DLC boss?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A