• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How is ng+ maddening even considered as cheating the game?

User Info: Goatanic

Goatanic
3 days ago#11
tkh1234567890 posted...
This is quite a talk since maddening came out and people were saying that ng+ makes things significantly easier which I don't feel to be so at all.

tkh1234567890 posted...
Long story short ng+ indirectly reduces the roulette aspect of annoying rng and balances the difficultly to be something more reasonable

Which is it, does it reduce the difficulty or not?
will smith's kids
If it's in the game it's not cheating.

Play how you want TC, and f*** the rest of the community.
Yeah man I conquered this sucka! -Mac
Attitude check...Yeah, I'm really high! -Zoe

User Info: quanticdream

quanticdream
3 days ago#13
Here's what I'll tell you. I'm playing every single FE game on Casual. I'm still making sure my characters don't die in battle most of the time, but I just know that if I'm playing on Classic, I will just savescum and will still have them back.
It saves me a lot of time.

Everything that saves time = win in my book. Turning the combat animations off, skipping enemies turns and yes, giving myself as many bonuses as I can. And if someone says it's cheating - who cares? It's a single player game, you're not disadvantaging anyone. You're just playing the way you like and - omg - enjoy the game O_O

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
3 days ago#14
TC it's dangerous to go alone, take these,,,,,,,,,,,,, As well as paragraph brakes lol.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: tkh1234567890

tkh1234567890
2 days ago#15
Mjolnirboi posted...
Not everything in NG+ is broken. Bumping up skill levels slightly isn't that bad.

Issues arise because of the EXP/ class EXP statue boost, having a large amount of busted battalions, etcetera. These definitely break Maddening. If you want to, that's fine, but they're things that clearly go against the intention of Maddening.

How much extra experience do you actually get from the statues? Also aren't battalions rank locked? I'm not here to discuss if I want to or not but to ask why people find it to be a form of cheating
It's not cheating, because you're just playing the game, and anyone saying it is is just being a dick. It is, however, broken.
Ok I mean so called cheating which by your term is broken which I am here to find out why that is so.
The arcana is the mean by which all is revealed

tkh1234567890
2 days ago#16
CodeRedd23 posted...
Pretty much this. Like, even giving yourself weapon ranks can really give you an edge if you use the Prowess and Breaker skills that they unlock. But it's your game TC, if you wanna do Maddening on NG+ then don't let others ruin the fun for ya.

What about people who keeps retrying for optimal results in anything that has rng element then in ng? I know I can do anything I want I just want to know why people feel that I am not playing what is intended by doing this given the factor I explained above.
And as for the difficulty dropping off after the early game, that tends to happen in most FE games, I'm assuming because the devs try to account for bad level ups and character deaths when balancing things.
Yes that's why I'm thinking why even say ng break game when the difficulty doesn't even remain.

tkh1234567890
2 days ago#17
Pinco_Pallino posted...
Well, but that's true, isn't it? You basically say so yourself, since you wrote that NG+ brings it to "reasonable levels", so you agree that NG+ is easier than NG, right?

And how does this imply easier? Making it more reasonable is not easier it just makes thing fair which does not mean easier. I play ng+ and I still have to crack my head on how to play the early part of the game except I don't have to rely on dumb rng getting the better of me so a lot less save scumming which I like and will never look back at ng anymore. I use the renown on professor level and the stupid social simulation part so I don't have to build support with them that's all and can instead auto recruit them with no effort.
Saying "NG+ makes it significantly easier" means just that, it doesn't necessarily imply that using that feature is cheating. Those who say otherwise don't know what they are talking about. However, i don't think i would deserve to be called a prick for saying that NG+ is easier if you use its features, because that's objectively true.

I didn't say it makes the game significantly easier it is other who do and that's what I am confused Not significant I would say. Maybe not cheating but it is like that they mean that I am not playing the game truly in the intended form which makes no sense. Without ng+ rotten rng will ruin me while I can basically overcome the rotten rng by using renown and bonuses in ng+ and in ng people likely just save scum if they get rotten luck which is almost equivalent to ng+ bonuses.
I don't think NG maddening is unreasonable, and in fact i find it more enjoyable, but that's sucjective. You think NG+ is better and more reasonable? Good, go for it. Heck, even if you think Normal is the perfect difficulty level for you, what's the problem? Just choose whatever let you enjoy the game the most.
Yes but because many thinks that ng+ is a form of cheat or cheeze that's why I am asking. I however don't have to ask why hard is easy because I know how easy it is to kill enemy in that mode taking little damage.
(edited 2 days ago)

tkh1234567890
2 days ago#18
Dekadense posted...
NG+ is basically handing you cheat codes.

Still not gonna read that wall of text.
Which part is? Bonuses which are tiny BTW or the lack of need to save scum? Or anything I missed that you can enlighten me on?

tkh1234567890
2 days ago#19
Andros-2k10 posted...
The fact that you can't even get enough renown to max out your statues in a single Hard/Classic run simply means that NG+ was meant to be played.
What has this to do with maddening on ng+ being broken?

tkh1234567890
2 days ago#20
Goatanic posted...
Which is it, does it reduce the difficulty or not?
Not significantly at least that part is true. I play ng+ and still have to think as hard on how to beat the early part of the game so it doesn't feel easier at all. How people find it easier I don't get it. Balancing it to be reasonable is not making it easier it is making it more humane which is what ng should have done but did not do. Which actually I also don't know what ng+ does to make the game easier at the early part. I find that it makes it easier so that I don't have to save scum a lot and that means more gameplay time than menu fiddling time.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How is ng+ maddening even considered as cheating the game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A