• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How is ng+ maddening even considered as cheating the game?

User Info: tkh1234567890

tkh1234567890
4 days ago#1
This is quite a talk since maddening came out and people were saying that ng+ makes things significantly easier which I don't feel to be so at all. Given how the enemies are so overpowered at the start, having some additional firepower to fight back at them seems pretty logical and even if people claim it is maddening and that it should be challenge mode, the difficulty is way too unreasonable that it is more like vs cheater than maddening.
If anything I would say that having the extras from ng+ basically removes the need for good rng and reduces my need to save scum a lot, so even if I get no stats increase during my level up and have all good during my lecture, I can just use renown to overcome that instead of retrying for better results plus some more. Given I already have extra power elsewhere I don't need to feel as sore that I get horrible rng, and getting the same bad result in ng will very easily be the end of me without thinking highly creatively. The worse of this all is that the high difficulty seems to only be an issue at the start of the game and slowly fades over time which basically makes it such that the early difficulty are just placeholder which is not lasting the entirety of the game so I am thinking why not just remove the difficulty entirely if it is not even going to be intended that way throughout the game. I should struggle as hard throughout and not just few parts of the game.

Long story short ng+ indirectly reduces the roulette aspect of annoying rng and balances the difficultly to be something more reasonable
The arcana is the mean by which all is revealed
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
4 days ago#2
Who else didnt read this
https://www.deviantart.com/baha05/gallery
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/259372-pokemon-sword/78156950/930071108#9

User Info: tkh1234567890

tkh1234567890
4 days ago#3
Ku-Ri-Boh posted...
Who else didnt read this
You?
The arcana is the mean by which all is revealed

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
4 days ago#4
Not everything in NG+ is broken. Bumping up skill levels slightly isn't that bad.

Issues arise because of the EXP/ class EXP statue boost, having a large amount of busted battalions, etcetera. These definitely break Maddening. If you want to, that's fine, but they're things that clearly go against the intention of Maddening.

It's not cheating, because you're just playing the game, and anyone saying it is is just being a dick. It is, however, broken.
Peony squad for life. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: CodeRedd23

CodeRedd23
4 days ago#5
Mjolnirboi posted...
Not everything in NG+ is broken. Bumping up skill levels slightly isn't that bad.

Issues arise because of the EXP/ class EXP statue boost, having a large amount of busted battalions, etcetera. These definitely break Maddening. If you want to, that's fine, but they're things that clearly go against the intention of Maddening.

It's not cheating, because you're just playing the game, and anyone saying it is is just being a dick. It is, however, broken.

Pretty much this. Like, even giving yourself weapon ranks can really give you an edge if you use the Prowess and Breaker skills that they unlock. But it's your game TC, if you wanna do Maddening on NG+ then don't let others ruin the fun for ya.

And as for the difficulty dropping off after the early game, that tends to happen in most FE games, I'm assuming because the devs try to account for bad level ups and character deaths when balancing things.

User Info: Pinco_Pallino

Pinco_Pallino
4 days ago#6
tkh1234567890 posted...
people were saying that ng+ makes things significantly easier which I don't feel to be so at all.

Well, but that's true, isn't it? You basically say so yourself, since you wrote that NG+ brings it to "reasonable levels", so you agree that NG+ is easier than NG, right?

Saying "NG+ makes it significantly easier" means just that, it doesn't necessarily imply that using that feature is cheating. Those who say otherwise don't know what they are talking about. However, i don't think i would deserve to be called a prick for saying that NG+ is easier if you use its features, because that's objectively true.

I don't think NG maddening is unreasonable, and in fact i find it more enjoyable, but that's sucjective. You think NG+ is better and more reasonable? Good, go for it. Heck, even if you think Normal is the perfect difficulty level for you, what's the problem? Just choose whatever let you enjoy the game the most.
Make a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
4 days ago#7
NG+ is basically handing you cheat codes.

Still not gonna read that wall of text.

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
4 days ago#8
Mjolnirboi posted...
I mean. The EXP statue boosts just kinda balance out on maddening.

Hell I'm pretty sure that's why maddening cuts EXP gain to begin with. So that if you have the extra EXP gains it just balances out to roughly normal again (since the extra EXP proved to be overkill for hard.)

Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between

User Info: Mocorongo

Mocorongo
4 days ago#9
Dekadense posted...
NG+ is basically handing you cheat codes.

Still not gonna read that wall of text.

The best bless is health and money: With health you can do almost anything - money can let you do the rest
And a good health allows you to build money - win/win

User Info: Andros-2k10

Andros-2k10
4 days ago#10
The fact that you can't even get enough renown to max out your statues in a single Hard/Classic run simply means that NG+ was meant to be played.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420
Best Genre: Roguelites and Roguelikes. Best Game: Enter the Gungeon. Great Game: Dead Cells.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How is ng+ maddening even considered as cheating the game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A