• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
4 days ago#41
AirRoar posted...
The story doesn't even seem to give an explanation as to why Byleth would choose to side with Edelgard over Rhea.
It did though. I have no idea why people think there was no reason, (outside of people that are blind Edelgard haters.)

At the point in time where the choice happens. She's Byleth's student that they've grown close to over the course of the first game (hell seeing at least up to the C+ Support and attending her coronation as a witness are both required before it even let's you get the choice.

By comparison, Byleth doesn't know much about Rhea at all at that point in time. What Rhea's whole deal is largely comes out post timeskip. Hell, Jeralt told Byleth he didn't trust Rhea and that she's dangerous (which was a misunderstanding on his part,) but Byleth wouldn't know that until much later.
Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Skandrae

Skandrae
4 days ago#42
Milla_Maxwell posted...
It did though. I have no idea why people think there was no reason, (outside of people that are blind Edelgard haters.)

At the point in time where the choice happens. She's Byleth's student that they've grown close to over the course of the first game (hell seeing at least up to the C+ Support and attending her coronation as a witness are both required before it even let's you get the choice.

By comparison, Byleth doesn't know much about Rhea at all at that point in time. What Rhea's whole deal is largely comes out post timeskip. Hell, Jeralt told Byleth he didn't trust Rhea and that she's dangerous (which was a misunderstanding on his part,) but Byleth wouldn't know that until much later.

Again, Edelgard reveals herself as far as you know as directly aligned with your father's murderer. That completely and totally eclipses any misgivings towards Rhea and whatever good feelings you might have from hanging out in class for a year.

Jeralt ALSO said that the church seemed to be pretty okay and maybe he was wrong about Rhea.
Witty game-related comment.

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
4 days ago#43
Skandrae posted...
Again, Edelgard reveals herself as far as you know as directly aligned with your father's murderer.
Okay, but the choice isn't to side with her immediately. The choice is just to not kill her on the spot at Rhea's command.

It just happens that trying to protect her from an execution on the spot is what spirals into Byleth being on her side in the war.

Jeralt did say some positive things about her, but it's pretty clear he wasn't the most fond of her (even Rhea knows you're bulls***ting if you tell her Jeralt spoke a lot of praise for her when she asks about him in one of her supports.) It also doesn't help that the freshest thing in Byleth's mind in regards to Jeralt is the diary where he mentions she must have something planned and he's terrified of her.
Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between

User Info: Skandrae

Skandrae
4 days ago#44
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Okay, but the choice isn't to side with her immediately. The choice is just to not kill her on the spot at Rhea's command.

It just happens that trying to protect her from an execution on the spot is what spirals into Byleth being on her side in the war.

Jeralt did say some positive things about her, but it's pretty clear he wasn't the most fond of her (even Rhea knows you're bulls***ting if you tell her Jeralt spoke a lot of praise for her when she asks about him in one of her supports.) It also doesn't help that the freshest thing in Byleth's mind in regards to Jeralt is the diary where he mentions she must have something planned and he's terrified of her.

Killing her on the spot without Rhea's command would make more sense than protecting her for any reason, let alone with the backing of someone who has thus far been nothing but good to you, vs someone who has just revealed to have betrayed and been lying to you for a very long time.

I cant even imagine someone thinking about shady Rhea at that point in time. Edelgard has just pointed the finger at herself for every bad thing that's happened since you set foot in the church, every threat to your students and your current home, and the murder of your father.

Pushback against the idea of chopping off her head on the spot should be nil. Actually jumping in and stopping other people from killing her?

Nah. Makes no sense whatsoever.
Witty game-related comment.

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
4 days ago#45
ColdOne666 posted...
Jeralt literally tells you Rhea is dangerous and untrustworthy.

You then find out she wants to sacrafice you to get her mother back.

Edit : Not to mention she routinely commits genocide against anyone who goes against the corrupt church.

Jeralt also tells you he was just being cautious and things seem fine at the church

We also don’t know what Rhea was trying to do at the ceremony or what her thought process exactly was. To me it seemed more like she thought Byleth was soothis instead of them being completely separate people.
https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1192803964686749696

User Info: Illx2

Illx2
4 days ago#46
Organized religion has in my opinion ruined this world with their influence.

Do you think if I had power I wouldn’t oppose a violent religious order controlling the world with their lies and killing those who tried to change it?

organized religion has held mankind back for millennia I’m not even going to play thru to the non CF routes
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: shamfuru

shamfuru
4 days ago#47
Illx2 posted...
Organized religion has in my opinion ruined this world with their influence.

Do you think if I had power I wouldn’t oppose a violent religious order controlling the world with their lies and killing those who tried to change it?

organized religion has held mankind back for millennia I’m not even going to play thru to the non CF routes
@Illx2 as I have said elsewhere here "comrade," one lies loudest when they lie to themselves.

don't be so eager to fall for your own, you might learn something.
"Any truth that a man fears will be good for his soul." - G. K. Chesterton

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
4 days ago#48
Illx2 posted...
I’m not even going to play thru to the non CF routes

Lmao
https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1192803964686749696

User Info: TalesOfGod

TalesOfGod
4 days ago#49
Most characters just choose the professor as their reason and that's what sticks. Even the characters that like Edelgard find it incredibly challenging/foolish to excuse her actions on other routes.

So yes, Lysithea is probably the one with the best excuse for it and likely the only one that really believes in her cause.

User Info: TalesOfGod

TalesOfGod
4 days ago#50
kollie89 posted...
Lmao

LOL
Oh man, the excuses people are giving on here to defend Edelgard are priceless. You can just see the point where they are giving up.
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A