• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)

User Info: _Saint_Boot_

_Saint_Boot_
4 days ago#31
ColdOne666 posted...
Jeralt literally tells you Rhea is dangerous and untrustworthy.

You then find out she wants to sacrafice you to get her mother back.

The Irony though is that SPOILERS The danger did not actually come from her, but from Slithers to which edelgard is a part of. It was Edie that got him killed, even if she was not the one to put the knife in him.
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons! Mutton, Fresh Mutton!

User Info: Skandrae

Skandrae
4 days ago#32
Edelgard just revealed herself as part of the people who murdered your father in front of you at that point in the story.

"Rhea is a little suspicious" doesn't even begin to cover the difference. There is no way any rational person would go Team Flame Emperor at that point.
Witty game-related comment.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
4 days ago#33
You don't actually find out Rhea's intentions until the end of VW/SS. So while she's suspicious, she can't be implicated.

Edelgard has committed actual assault on you and your students. You'd have to REALLY trust her to look past that, even if you find Rhea untrustworthy.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 days ago#34
ColdOne666 posted...
Jeralt literally tells you Rhea is dangerous and untrustworthy.

You then find out she wants to sacrafice you to get her mother back.

Edit : Not to mention she routinely commits genocide against anyone who goes against the corrupt church.

oh look another person that doesn't pay attention
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: _Saint_Boot_

_Saint_Boot_
4 days ago#35
Skandrae posted...
Edelgard just revealed herself as part of the people who murdered your father in front of you at that point in the story.

"Rhea is a little suspicious" doesn't even begin to cover the difference. There is no way any rational person would go Team Flame Emperor at that point.

Seriously, this. I mean, Slither went and murdered my dad, I'm going full Inigo Montoya on Their asses, and if that means cutting off Edies big ass head, then so f***ing be it. As Ike would say: "heads will roll."
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons! Mutton, Fresh Mutton!
To answer the original question:

100% believable to join Edelgard: Lysithea, Lorenz, Hanneman, Mercedes

Believable but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't: Sylvain, Shamir, Alois (though it's more like he follows Byleth), Ashe, Marianne

Has a reason to, probably wouldn't want to: Ingrid, Leonie (can't forgive Edelgard but would want to keep you safe for Jeralt)

Makes no difference to their character: Raphael, Ignatz, Annette, Manuela

Definitely not: Hilda, Dedue, Cyril, Catherine, Flayn, Seteth
"I'm the grandson of the grandson oF tHe gRaNdSoN of the elite Riegan! Now tell me who you are!"
-Claude von Riegan, talking to a giant bird
(edited 4 days ago)
(message deleted)
rasendori85 posted...
You're given enough information to know that something's wrong with Rhea/The Church of Seiros, to question if there's good in the Flame Emperor’s motives, you where not so subtlety told that the Flame Emperor and TWSitD don't share the same goals, and you've established a trust for Eldegard at the point while losing trust in Rhea.
One thing I'd like to point it, it never completely clicked with me why you have to see Edelgard's coronation to side with her, until it was pointed out to me that you see what she does with Duke Aegir directly afterward.

Whereas Rhea at best gives people who've troubled her sham trials which she uses more to extol the Goddess' vengeance against the unbelievers without actually trying to figure out who set them up to do what they did (seriously, play a little Good Cop with the Western Church soldiers and they might've let slip that it was Lord Arundel that put them up to it), Edelgard very mercifully opts to place Duke Aegir under house arrest (with the suggestion that his sentence won't be for life, even) instead of have him executed, as is her right given he was the ringleader of the nobles who ruined her family.

The sheer contrast between Rhea after chapter 4 and Edelgard in chapter 11 is staggering, and had to have an impact on Byleth in-universe if they opt to protect her.

Also note, your options aren't "Edelgard is wrong" vs "Edelgard is right". You head down Crimson Flower by choosing to "Protect Edelgard" instead of execute her. Byleth made a decision out of emotional attachment when Rhea put them on the spot, opting to give into their humanity. I think that's why the Crest Stone of Flames disintegrates at the end of Crimson Flower; Byleth chose humanity over divinity.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: jive238

jive238
4 days ago#39
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
One thing I'd like to point it, it never completely clicked with me why you have to see Edelgard's coronation to side with her, until it was pointed out to me that you see what she does with Duke Aegir directly afterward.

Whereas Rhea at best gives people who've troubled her sham trials which she uses more to extol the Goddess' vengeance against the unbelievers without actually trying to figure out who set them up to do what they did (seriously, play a little Good Cop with the Western Church soldiers and they might've let slip that it was Lord Arundel that put them up to it), Edelgard very mercifully opts to place Duke Aegir under house arrest (with the suggestion that his sentence won't be for life, even) instead of have him executed, as is her right given he was the ringleader of the nobles who ruined her family.

The sheer contrast between Rhea after chapter 4 and Edelgard in chapter 11 is staggering, and had to have an impact on Byleth in-universe if they opt to protect her.

Also note, your options aren't "Edelgard is wrong" vs "Edelgard is right". You head down Crimson Flower by choosing to "Protect Edelgard" instead of execute her. Byleth made a decision out of emotional attachment when Rhea put them on the spot, opting to give into their humanity. I think that's why the Crest Stone of Flames disintegrates at the end of Crimson Flower; Byleth chose humanity over divinity.
One thing that never clicked with me is how come edelgard inheriting the throne all of a sudden makes her able to put the duke under house arrest? wasn't the point of what they did to remove power from the emporer title? yet inheriting the powerless title gives her the power to do s*** now? If she can put duke Aegir why couldn't her father have done it before? I know she buddy ups caspar's and lin's dads but then why did they remove power only to give it back again what in the world kinda politics is happening here?
I was what for but then it because had been.

User Info: shamfuru

shamfuru
4 days ago#40
Metal Gear Raxis posted...

liars are manipulators @Metal_Gear_Raxis

she then goes on to kill everyone
"Any truth that a man fears will be good for his soul." - G. K. Chesterton
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A