• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)

User Info: Nomight

Nomight
2 days ago#121
GallantChaddymn posted...
You do whether you know you do or not. The entire reason it's considered conventionally attractive is specifically for that reason. It it's a trait that relates to motherhood and fertility.
no not really at all. especially when its sexualized the way it is. she was obviously made to turn people on especially more then edelgard. big hips never showed motherhood. thats prolly what You think

User Info: Arcangel22

Arcangel22
2 days ago#122
Skandrae posted...

Missing the forest for the trees my friend. Rhea still doesn't even allow the dialogue to be established, she'd rather cast out the heretic for trying to steal mommy's bones than try to give Edelgard an actual chance to explain her motives.

darkmoon6789 posted...
That is one of the things I have been trying to say all along, if Rhea actually gave Edelgard a chance for forgiveness and actually tried to understand why she did what she did, this might have prevented this entire conflict. Forgiveness and understanding are powerful things and such a response would give Edelgard pause and made her understand that Rhea might not be a complete monster. This conflict actually mostly exists because both sides believe the other to be irredeemably evil. If Rhea would be more open to Edelgard's suggestions of reforming the crest and nobility system, Rhea should also know it is corrupt in its current form, is no reason for Edelgard to declare war. (Other than pressure from those who slither in the dark, who is a common enemy between Edelgard and Rhea)

Nice to see a Christian support Edelgard. I used to be a Christian once upon a time, the reason I left was personal, but a major factor was the church leadership being unable to live up to the standards I expected of them. I value the ability to forgive quite highly and always annoys me when supposed holy people show zero empathy for other people. Cold judgement without mercy doesn't make anyone good
Wouldn't even really say I'm a traditional Christian, but it's the easiest and closest thing to describe what I believe. Anyways, point is that is that I don't exactly agree with most who share my religion due to their lack of tolerance and willingness to understand others has ultimately driven me from wanting to associate with most of them (not all, just most).

Before I turn that into a tangent, thank you. I think a very common fault of humans is the face-value level of debate. On the surface, Edelgard is the one committing the more evil deeds in the story, but if you actually stopped and listened to what she says; and then look at characters like Sylvain, Lysithea, Marianne, Mercedes, Ingrid, and even Edelgard herself and try to tell me that they wouldn't have had a better life without Crests existing, or by extension nobility.

Edelgard's core desire makes complete sense, but she's also not 100% faultless in the story either. That's why this game actually pulls off a morally grey story quite well. Every character is flawed, there is no completely right answer in this game unlike Fates which was a tire fire if you wanted to argue any of its moral ambiguity.
The Internet: 90% of it sucks, but every now and then...you find that 10% that's even worse. You're here just like me? Welcome to the 10%.
(edited 2 days ago)
Nomight posted...
no not really at all. especially when its sexualized the way it is. she was obviously made to turn people on especially more then edelgard. big hips never showed motherhood. thats prolly what You think

I honestly hope u arent older than 12...
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
(message deleted)

Nomight
2 days ago#125
GallantChaddymn posted...
I honestly hope u arent older than 12...
ok buddy waiting for proof that rheas hips were anything but a ploy to attract player

User Info: AirRoar

AirRoar
2 days ago#126
Zeveria posted...

Ferdinand and Hubert are loyal to the Empire, simple as that.

Hubert I can see, but I have trouble accepting Ferdinand since his supports with Byleth have him constantly questioning his choice to side with Ed. Everyone in the BE crew (other then Petra) generally keeps with the "And I was running, Oh! Professor!" theme for a while before fully backing Edelgard. But I do see now that others do have a reason or motive for siding with Edelgard. Ironically, they just are in the other houses.
darkmoon6789 posted...
The thing is, with Edelgard. She has to get rid of two sources of the systemic corruption, both the church that has the most power in the Faerghus territory and the Slitherers who dominates the Empire. She succeeds in both.

I sincerely question this. Even with the ending stating that Ed was able to take out TWSiTD. We're talking about a group that has advanced forging tech, ability to assume other peoples forms, ability to make insanity plagues, has freaking magical nuke rods, and I am suppose believe that if Rhea wasn't able to take them out that Edelgard will? I get the feeling that TWSiTD are the type of poeple who would wait 80 some years for you to die of old age and then declare victory while you draw your last breath... simply because can.

(Still irritated that neither the Church route or Crimson Flower gives any specific explanation as to who TWSiTD are or what they really want).

Nomight posted...

and rhea fans must protect thicc waifu :)

I really liked how Rhea looked in her Serios costume towards the end of Crimson Flower better then any of Edelgard's Emperor get ups. (Dancer Edelgard on the other hand.......)

Honestly, can anyone explain why Rhea is not a character you can recruit? I don't have many complaints with Three Houses, but that is near the top.
2020 Hype lineup: Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, Langrisser 1 & 2, Trials of Mana, Ys: Memories of Celceta Remaster, Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia

User Info: Koola1

Koola1
2 days ago#127
Nomight posted...
big hips never showed motherhood
What.

That's not a question. That's a statement. What. Pick up a book, my dude.

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
2 days ago#128
Arcangel22 posted...

Missing the forest for the trees my friend. Rhea still doesn't even allow the dialogue to be established, she'd rather cast out the heretic for trying to steal mommy's bones than try to give Edelgard an actual chance to explain her motives.

And most people don’t care to hear the motives behind someone breaking in and stealing their stuff.

I’m not sure why people are fixated on saying Rhea was in the wrong because she doesn’t bend over backwards and isn’t in a listening mood when Edelgard breaks into a place she considers sacred and says “we’re robbing this place, stay out of our way or die”
https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1192803964686749696
Nomight posted...
ok buddy waiting for proof that rheas hips were anything but a ploy to attract player

.....Litterally the first thing you find on Google

https://www.flowsandforms.com/hips/
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
(edited 2 days ago)

Nomight
2 days ago#130
Koola1 posted...
What.

That's not a question. That's a statement. What. Pick up a book, my dude.
?
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A