• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)

User Info: darkmoon6789

darkmoon6789
2 days ago#111
Kantiran posted...
Swap "america" for "the guy after Edelgard" and "society" for "human nature" and we have the exact reason why I think Edelgards meritocracy won't work for a long time.
You might be right, it is kind of a gamble. This might be weird to say in the eyes of the people who don't like Edelgard, but people as principled as her are not very common and finding a successor who can match her dedication to the greater good. It's not an easy feat.

But even in in most scenarios where this fails, I believe society most likely goes back to the same aristocracy crap that was the case before Edelgard's reforms.

With any luck, maybe they could have two or three generations of rulers who will honour Edelgard's ideology before his either collapses or a new and better ideology develops, which takes over the role of the old. Any society can be corrupted, I hope people realise that they do indeed, in all likelihood live under a corrupt leadership.
Hayas***akara posted...
I believe the reason why he's asking is because during black eagles part 1, you're never let in on Edelgard's plans, you just have to blindly protect her, and hope you made the right choice. In part 2, its just up to you the player to agree with her plans and methods, you make the choice without knowing whats what, other than "must protect albino waifu"

This

AirRoar posted...
(-_-;) This saddens me with all the missed story potential

Thing is, I dont think it was an accident. I'm pretty confident IntSys made things that way with the express intent of players siding with Edel having to do so out of blind faith in her.
It requiring you go out of your way to even have the option to side with her tells me they expected and intended the Church route to be the "default" route.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
(edited 2 days ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: Nomight

Nomight
2 days ago#114
Hayas***akara posted...
I believe the reason why he's asking is because during black eagles part 1, you're never let in on Edelgard's plans, you just have to blindly protect her, and hope you made the right choice. In part 2, its just up to you the player to agree with her plans and methods, you make the choice without knowing whats what, other than "must protect albino waifu"
and rhea fans must protect thicc waifu :)
Nomight posted...
and rhea fans must protect thicc waifu :)
I mean...if it in to GILF I guess...

Nomight
2 days ago#116
GallantChaddymn posted...
I mean...if it in to GILF I guess...
dont even matter chicks got thick ass hips. way more sexualized then el imo
AnimatedJester posted...
Except she didn't? Saying she tried to means it was her goal and she failed. The only thing she was trying to do was get the crest stones and only ordered to eliminate anyone getting in her way. She explicitly said do not get involved and stay out of her way.

The amount of framing here is nuts.
Let's ignore all the crazy s*** happening that at the very least makes Rhea's zealotry at least understandable at that point in the games while Edel has among other things, the blood of your dad on her hands.
Nomight posted...
dont even matter chicks got thick ass hips. way more sexualized then el imo

Her design is very clearly meant to evoke a "motherly" feel from the player, hence those aspects to her design...so again, if ur in to that lol.

Nomight
2 days ago#119
GallantChaddymn posted...
Her design is very clearly meant to evoke a "motherly" feel from the player, hence those aspects to her design...so again, if ur in to that lol.
im sorry but when i think "motherly" i dont think big hips
Nomight posted...
im sorry but when i think "motherly" i dont think big hips
..You do whether you know you do or not, lol. The entire reason it's considered conventionally attractive is specifically for that reason. It it's a trait that relates to motherhood and fertility. The term "child bearing hips" exists for a reason
(edited 2 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A