• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)

User Info: AirRoar

AirRoar
1 week ago#1
Please no spoilers for Golden Deer or Blue Lion. Those are up next.... eventually.

Finally finished with the Crimson Flower route, and I wondering if anyone gives a legitimate reason for following or supporting Edelgard.

Petra states she is doing it for Brigid's best interest, but I don't really count that since the same argument is made in the Church route. Lysithea might have a legitimate reason for going along with Edelgard due to the Crest experiments she underwent, so that may be one person.

Everyone else just seems to give "Oh Professor!" as a reason. The story doesn't even seem to give an explanation as to why Byleth would choose to side with Edelgard over Rhea.

Am I missing something?
2020 Hype lineup: Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, Langrisser 1 & 2, Trials of Mana, Ys: Memories of Celceta Remaster, Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia

User Info: ChikNbak

ChikNbak
1 week ago#2
AirRoar posted...
Please no spoilers for Golden Deer or Blue Lion. Those are up next.... eventually.

Finally finished with the Crimson Flower route, and I wondering if anyone gives a legitimate reason for following or supporting Edelgard.

Petra states she is doing it for Brigid's best interest, but I don't really count that since the same argument is made in the Church route. Lysithea might have a legitimate reason for going along with Edelgard due to the Crest experiments she underwent, so that may be one person.

Everyone else just seems to give "Oh Professor!" as a reason. The story doesn't even seem to give an explanation as to why Byleth would choose to side with Edelgard over Rhea.

Am I missing something?
Tities

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#3
no, they never gave a good reason. Byleth's response of "I chose to" is all you get. The route exists purely to S rank Edelgard.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: EpicJourney

EpicJourney
1 week ago#4
Hayas***akara posted...
no, they never gave a good reason. Byleth's response of "I chose to" is all you get. The route exists purely to S rank Edelgard.
And Hubert and Jeritza. Can't forget about them.
If you don't want none, don't start none.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 week ago#5
Byleth knows how to make one helluva cult.

Shame that the matching tracksuits were on backorder.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

User Info: chughes724

chughes724
1 week ago#6
You’re getting reasons, you just don’t like them, so you don’t consider them good.
Listen to my story....this may be our last chance.

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#7
chughes724 posted...
You’re getting reasons, you just don’t like them, so you don’t consider them good.

I believe the reason why he's asking is because during black eagles part 1, you're never let in on Edelgard's plans, you just have to blindly protect her, and hope you made the right choice. In part 2, its just up to you the player to agree with her plans and methods, you make the choice without knowing whats what, other than "must protect albino waifu"

chughes724
1 week ago#8
Hayas***akara posted...
I believe the reason why he's asking is because during black eagles part 1, you're never let in on Edelgard's plans, you just have to blindly protect her, and hope you made the right choice. In part 2, its just up to you the player to agree with her plans and methods, you make the choice without knowing whats what, other than "must protect albino waifu"
That “albino waifu” is your student who you have become very close to over the course of a year, who you are ordered to kill unquestionably. You saying you would do it, without thinking?

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#9
chughes724 posted...
That “albino waifu” is your student who you have become very close to over the course of a year, who you are ordered to kill unquestionably. You saying you would do it, without thinking?

except that it wasn't unquestionable? she literally tried to kill you, rhea and the rest of the class

chughes724
1 week ago#10
Hayas***akara posted...
except that it wasn't unquestionable? she literally tried to kill you, rhea and the rest of the class
Rhea orders you to kill her, no exception. No trial, no questioning, nothing. Just kill her. Even if I believed Edelgard was wrong, I wouldn’t just execute her without a second thought.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does anyone have a good reason for siding with Edelgard? (CF route spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A