• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Hold up (GD Route spoilers)

User Info: ChrisTaka

ChrisTaka
5 days ago#1
So Dimitri just dies off screen? I was honestly expecting him to show up later and be all like "haha I'm not dead you fools!" You're telling me he can fight Empire soldiers for 5 years straight but gets jumped by their cleanup crew and dies? Something ain't right chief.
Currently Playing: Flame Crest: Triple Homes

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
5 days ago#2
...Now that I think about it, what was Dedue doing for 5 years since he escaped? Did they ever specifically say when Dimitri got out? I guess you could justify Dedue being gone if their escape was a recent one, but it would beg the question why they waited so long to execute Dimitri.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Tmaster148

Tmaster148
5 days ago#3
Dimitri died the pathetic death he deserves.
http://i.imgur.com/BBcZDLJ.png

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
5 days ago#4
You get 'em on the side where their eye is missing!

That's what I learned from fighting that Behemoth in the FF15 demo (Deadeye, I think it was called?)
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

User Info: S0u1

S0u1
5 days ago#5
I think it’s stated that he recklessly followed Edelgard and she knew so her soldiers ambushed him. Apparently multiple lances were stabbed into him and he died on the scene. It’s explained, just not shown very well because he’s not important in golden deer at all.

User Info: AlexGamer

AlexGamer
5 days ago#6
ChrisTaka posted...
So Dimitri just dies off screen? I was honestly expecting him to show up later and be all like "haha I'm not dead you fools!" You're telling me he can fight Empire soldiers for 5 years straight but gets jumped by their cleanup crew and dies? Something ain't right chief.
Except those soldiers he fought in 5 years were patrols not an army and he was ambushing them most likely not taking everyone head on.
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb"
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Ice_General

Ice_General
5 days ago#7
After having played both BL and GD routes, I can tell you a bit more from Dimitri's side; he's basically a wreck without you by his side. In GD, since he's not on your side, he's too far gone (and only thinks about killing Edelgard) down the dark path to the point where you can't save him anymore. Even now I still feel quite bad that he had to die offscreen.

Edit 1: The Battle at Gronder doesn't really make sense from the Azure Moon's perspective, but is somewhat justified in Verdant Wind. Like I said above, Dimitri's too far gone in his thirst for revenge that he'll kill ANYONE in his way, whether it be friend or foe (he does redeem himself in the following chapter though on his route). It doesn't make sense in Azure Moon since there's no reason the Alliance should be attacking the Kingdom when they should be their allies instead. That chapter left quite a sour taste in my mouth since I had to kill my former GD students that I loved so much (it's like they have a death sentence by constantly chasing after me).

Edit 2: (spoilers) If you have played the Azure Moon route you'll know that Dimitri broke out of jail thanks to Dedue during the time-skip; Dedue, who was believed to be killed, was actually saved by his Duscur comrades. Dimitri did kill many soldiers during the time-skip in an attempt to escape from Faerghus.

Edit 3: I HIGHLY suggest you play Dimitri's route afterwards to see what's really going on with him.
It's ice to meet you =)
(edited 5 days ago)

Zeveria
5 days ago#8
Ice_General posted...
Edit 1: The Battle at Gronder doesn't really make sense from the Azure Moon's perspective, but is somewhat justified in Verdant Wind. Like I said above, Dimitri's too far gone in his thirst for revenge that he'll kill ANYONE in his way, whether it be friend or foe (he does redeem himself in the following chapter though on his route). It doesn't make sense in Azure Moon since there's no reason the Alliance should be attacking the Kingdom when they should be their allies instead. That chapter left quite a sour taste in my mouth since I had to kill my former GD students that I loved so much (it's like they have a death sentence by constantly chasing after me).

The same exact thing happens in AM storywise. The difference is they can't translate it that well to gameplay. The only way they could is by ripping control of 9/10 units from your hands and forcing them to charge towards Claude.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
5 days ago#9
Lorewise, there's a fog in the battle and Edelgard is also doing her best to cause confusion. You can see it in the cutscene too, she even opens the battle with an indiscriminate fireball attack.

They could've implementated that better but perhaps they were concerned about difficulty.

Imagine it, fog of war in that wide open map and perhaps they added some mechanic that made it impossible to tell the difference between enemies until the combat starts. Like, you attack some random Wyvern Rider but surprise it's actually Claude!! Maybe they even add some green units who you can't control and they'll just attack whoever is nearby because it's kill or be killed.

It was complete chaos if the dialogue after is anything to go by but to us it just looks like a standard battle. The Empire is clearly on one side of the map like sitting ducks and you could just ignore the other army.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

Zeveria
5 days ago#10
BloodMoon7 posted...
Lorewise, there's a fog in the battle and Edelgard is also doing her best to cause confusion.

I could have sworn in the previous cutscene they said they would wait for the fog to clear before starting the attack...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Hold up (GD Route spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A