• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Byleth... Why do you bore me so much?

User Info: Kantiran

Kantiran
1 week ago#21
Hayas***akara posted...
you're suppose to insert yourself into Byleth, Byleth completely depends on your ability to do so.
I think there aren't enough dialogue choices for that to really work. It's not like a Pillars of Eternity or something where you have often have 5+ dialogue choices that can really change the way a conversation is going. And it's also not that Byleth has no personality at all. It's just not a very interesting personality.

Overall I think JRPGs (and storytelling wise it pretty much is a JRPG) just work better with clear, premade protagonists. That is one of the reasons why I like really Azure Moon: Byleth isn't as present in BL and when he is he actually does interesting things and shows that he has a personality.

User Info: Moranite

Moranite
1 week ago#22
Hayas***akara posted...
btw, you should totally play the Baldur's Gate series (also now on the switch) greatest RPG of all time.
I do need to play Baldur's Gate. Funny, this is the last place I expected to be reminded of it.
https://i.imgur.com/Hln2QLq.png | https://i.imgur.com/igzn4vJ.jpg
"Harman... the world won't change. All it does is turn."

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
1 week ago#23
If they continue with Avatars, I'd like them to be silent rather than talking (Both Robin and Corrin irritate me honestly).

However, they could stand to give them better ways to show off personality. Atlua games are very good in this regard as characters like Joker have a ton of personality even when they're silent.

User Info: Extreme_light

Extreme_light
1 week ago#24
AlexGamer posted...
How dare you compare Tofu san to Byleth, that tofu displayed more emotions when it died than Byleth will in his entire life.

And fried tofu is absolutely delicious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7BAt96Xn0

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#25
MellowV2 posted...
I like Byleth but it looks too weird when you choose a dialogue option and he just f***ing waves his hands around. TALK dammit.

I like being a strategist in Fe7. It was a way better self insert character. Byleth just feels like a mute kid you're looking after.

there's so much contradiction in this statement
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: KojaxFX

KojaxFX
1 week ago#26
lame Charlotte
The Mods are my number one fans

User Info: CarefreeDude

CarefreeDude
5 days ago#27
Moranite posted...
I do need to play Baldur's Gate. Funny, this is the last place I expected to be reminded of it.

Minsc and Boo are two of my favorite characters.
Switch Code: SW-5421-8761-9807 IGN: Chris

User Info: _Saint_Boot_

_Saint_Boot_
5 days ago#28
It would actually be much more interesting to me if a character in a game was a true mute, instead of silent protag. At least then there would be a reason for it, and there are indeed ways you can still teach despite not having a voice.

I'm role playing in Far Cry 5 right now as a mute woman. I just wish that game would let us join the cult and fight the law, that would be so awesome, imo. Tired of always being a good girl in games.
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons! Mutton, Fresh Mutton!

User Info: Yellow_King

Yellow_King
5 days ago#29
Byleth is a "He".

User Info: Andros-2k10

Andros-2k10
5 days ago#30
Give the guy/girl a break. They were born without a heartbeat and emotions. The baby didn't even cry so obviously it isn't even real so I don't understand what all the fuss is about.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420
Best Genre: Roguelites and Roguelikes. Best Game: Enter the Gungeon. Great Game: Dead Cells.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Byleth... Why do you bore me so much?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A