• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Byleth... Why do you bore me so much?

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#11
Mjolnirboi posted...
This is exactly what all the FE avatars are though, minus Mark.

and Byleth
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: _Saint_Boot_

_Saint_Boot_
1 week ago#12
Hayas***akara posted...

it's how Japan does avatar characters.... not sure why you bring up Samus, it's not an RPG, nor is it character and narrative driven.

DAO is a plank too, it wasn't till DA2 and later that they started having the avatars voiced when you choose a dialogue option, at that point, it's more like a customizable character than an avatar. But if you play CRPGs like Pathfinder and Dungeons and Dragons, it's all plank avatars. btw, you should totally play the Baldur's Gate series (also now on the switch) greatest RPG of all time.

Dragon Age origins has better dialogue options, 4 or 5 fully fleshed out responses some as long as 2 or 3 sentences that consist of way more than "yes, no, ok, why did they do that? lets go on the mission now, what was their goal", type responses.

The dialogue made me feel like I really was a part of Ferelden, but I feel nothing for fodlan in fe3h.
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons! Mutton, Fresh Mutton!

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 week ago#13
The only thing you can really change is Byleth's name. Everything else is established. Even the birthday you set is false unless you set in on Horsebow Moon.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#14
_Saint_Boot_ posted...
Dragon Age origins has better dialogue options, 4 or 5 fully fleshed out responses some as long as 2 or 3 sentences that consist of way more than "yes, no, ok, why did they do that? lets go on the mission now, what was their goal", type responses.

The dialogue made me feel like I really was a part of Ferelden, but I feel nothing for fodlan in fe3h.

I get what you're saying, that the lengthy responses are better than short responses, but I never felt the way you did with DAO, I just restart and pick which ever option gets the result i want. It doesn't help that the vast majority of your decisions don't have much of an impact on the game as a whole, other than with Morgana and Alistar, where only the choices in the final stretch mattered.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 week ago#15
Hayas***akara posted...
and Byleth
Byleth too.
Peony squad for life. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: Pikachufanboy

Pikachufanboy
1 week ago#16
I like it this way, no personality and there's dialogue choices so I can self insert, unlike someone like Corrin with his own opinions. If he was just customizable then it would be perfect.

User Info: Zorume

Zorume
1 week ago#17
BloodMoon7 posted...
Corrin though? I'd rather be bland toast than soggy toast tbh.

User Info: CarefreeDude

CarefreeDude
1 week ago#18
Byleth seems like a shell of a person who basically has no personality because Byleth was born dead and is only alive because of Sothis stone
Switch Code: SW-5421-8761-9807 IGN: Chris

User Info: CarefreeDude

CarefreeDude
1 week ago#19
_Saint_Boot_ posted...
Nothing ruins my immersion (spelling?) more than a blank slate insert character that tries to be both blank and a character. Some games can do it right like Dragon Age Origins, and Metroid games, but most I have played do not.

I loved dragon age origins, but I gotta say the warden you play as is a fairly dull character once you escape the "origin" story.

The origin story part was great though
Switch Code: SW-5421-8761-9807 IGN: Chris

User Info: MellowV2

MellowV2
1 week ago#20
I like Byleth but it looks too weird when you choose a dialogue option and he just f***ing waves his hands around. TALK dammit.

I like being a strategist in Fe7. It was a way better self insert character. Byleth just feels like a mute kid you're looking after.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Byleth... Why do you bore me so much?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A