• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Claude Opinions & Discussion *spoilers*

User Info: FajitaEata

FajitaEata
1 week ago#51
I get that it's refreshing to not have a lord who's a total mess like the other two, but Claude really needed to have a vice.

He has goals that he can't accomplish within his lifetime without a violent restructure Fodlan so his response to Edelguard's war could have been presented as a lot more opportunistic and possibly fatally ambitious.

This could have given him meaningful conflict with the other Lord's with El criticizing what she perceives as self serving motives and Dimitri flat out rejecting the idea of profiting from war.

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
1 week ago#52
Well, I'm glad I could keep this topic going for so long! Thank you all for your contributions! 😄 Maybe even amuse yourself with the idea of answering post #50.

I hope his support Balthus will cover some things we really wanted to see and that Judith becomes playable so VW isn't left in the dust when it comes to exclusives. Otherwise most everything is kinda limited to sequels now.

I get that people feel that he and his route had a lot of missed potential, but we can mostly say that about the entire game and every path in it, so no use having a grudge or lamenting too much on it. It's good to focus on what we enjoy about content that's already in the game sometimes. Not just what we consider missing.
FEH FC: 9107921851

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
1 week ago#53
Honestly, I find the fan reaction to Claude pretty intriguing.

He's pretty much the first FE Lord that isn't fully invested in the war. Unlike most others, his eyes are mostly on something else the whole time.

Mega_Gardevoir
1 week ago#54
@Sentinel07 posted...
Honestly, I find the fan reaction to Claude pretty intriguing.
You mean how it's considered a bad thing how he's not as involved in the war as the other 2?

User Info: GuyKnight

GuyKnight
1 week ago#55
I'm excited for his Balthus support and seeing what kind of bromance they end up developing although I do have a small wishlist on what their support might cover.
  • Godfrey, Claude's uncle that died sometime before Imperial Year 1179. It would be interesting if Balthus knew the guy.
  • Balthus instantly see through that Claude is Half-Almyran. Balthus may have something related to Almyrans in the past, good or bad.
  • Globalized conversation, maybe the Abyss have people from all over the world so their conversation so Balthus can talk with Claude about how he have seen people from various locations and how they work.
Obviously, shouldn't have too much of an expectation since their support could be more comedic as well but it probably won't be too bad.

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 week ago#56
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
@
You mean how it's considered a bad thing how he's not as involved in the war as the other 2?

How is he less involved than Dimitri? Edelgard spends a chapter on him and Dimitri each. In VW, Dimitri is introduced and then killed off in one chapter. In AM, Claude tries to help until Dimitri BTFO's him and is involved again when the Empire invades...because I guess the Kingdom let them past the bridge? In SS, they're both taken out offscreen.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

Mega_Gardevoir
1 week ago#57
Zeveria posted...
How is he less involved than Dimitri? Edelgard spends a chapter on him and Dimitri each. In VW, Dimitri is introduced and then killed off in one chapter. In AM, Claude tries to help until Dimitri BTFO's him and is involved again when the Empire invades...because I guess the Kingdom let them past the bridge? In SS, they're both taken out offscreen.
Involved with the story they mean. Like he doesn't have a personal connection or grudge to anyone from Fodlan. He just has a bit of inheritance and came over to see if he could take advantage of it. His past had no deep involvement with the Crest system either.

His biggest drama potential was with Rhea, since on some level her system is what caused Fodlan to close its borders so much. But they barely interact and the most we get is Claude implying he'd like her to stay MIA forever at the beginning of VW.

It's something you hear VW criticized for a lot though. "You could write Golden Deer out of the story and the main Rhea/Byleth/Edelgard plotline would not be affected much". Dimitri at least played a part in giving Edelgard the push to "cut her own future" and leads the vassal kingdom to the Church.

The Alliance and the Golden Deer are pretty much 3rd wheel on everything.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Claude Opinions & Discussion *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A