• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Claude Opinions & Discussion *spoilers*

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
2 weeks ago#1
TLDR: Mostly just a topic to share opinions about Claude.

In my case, I just wanted to compile all the info I gathered over 3 playthroughs in a concise, factual format. I have a source for pretty much every entry in case someone wants to ask "where was this mentioned?" Not 100% on the order, but I tried to place it so it makes sense.

961 The first Almyran invasion. The Empire and Alliance barely fought them off.
----- For 140 years battles between the 2 continue
1101 Fodlan's Throat is built by the 3 factions to help ward off Almyran invasions
116X Miss Riegan leaves Fodlan behind to be together with the King of Almyra
1162 Baby Claude is born as the Prince of Almyra
116X Repeated assassination attempts on Claude's life
116X Claude begins to "scheme against his enemies" in order to survive
116X King ties him to a horse and drags him around (as punishment for being a "brat")
116X Miss Riegan gets into a fist fight with his combat instructor (Nader)
1170 Cyril's parents die in a battle and he ends up serving the army of Almyra. Claude is 8.
1177 Cyril is captured and becomes a servant at Hilda's house. Claude is 15.
117X Participates in rituals where they dance and sing around a fire (as a victory celebration)
117X Discover he's related to a Fodlan noble
117X Fodlan's Throat is damaged
117X Runs away from home to visit Fodlan, returns (?) after being seen as a beast
117X Made a promise to parents not to reveal their identity while prancing around as Riegan's heir
117X Crossed Fodlan's Throat in secret
117X Margrave Edmund funds repairs to re-fortify Fodlan's Throat
117X Almyra situation "settled down"
1179 Announced as Duke Riegan's heir
1179 Likely taught how to act like a passable noble, didn't fix his table manners according to Lorenz 😛
1180 Enlisted at Garreg Mach Monastery
1180 Mentions sneaking into the kitchen to steal cheese 🧀, takes books from the library at night, snuck into the Holy Mausoleum and Holy Tomb, "Master Thief Claude" as he calls himself
1180 He repeatedly wishes to wield the Sword of the Creator, saying he'd like to "cut a mountain in half"
1180-1185 Holst gets sick from eating bad mushrooms that cause his body to emit a mysterious steam (which Claude likes to mention as a tea time topic post-skip)
1181 Duke Riegan dies, becomes Alliance Leader
1181-1185 Keeps the Alliance together despite split loyalties
1185 Holst and Nader have a friendly meeting
1185 Assisted in the war by the Almyran army (all paths)
1185 The Alliance goes through the war with a relatively low amount of casualties thanks to his tactics (all paths)
1185 Returns to Almyra after/during the war (all paths)
118X Becomes King of Almyra, depending on his partner this takes years/months
118X Puts an end to over 200 years of hostility between Fodlan and Almyra
Bonus Mission: Think of how all the likes/dislikes on his profile and archery style tie into all this

Overall, I found this all really cool in concept: A rogue prince from an enemy land inherits a Crest and becomes swept up in the Fodlan war as a neutral faction to the Edelgard/Rhea/Dimitri conflict. The downside is they made this story a bit too suble for the average player imo. Remembering all these small bits n' pieces and sewing them together like this is probably not something everyone would bother to do, right?

In the end I'm still kind of left wondering why, at the very end of VW at least, couldn't they have Claude trust Byleth with his identity? Explain a bit more. Did they really expect everyone to remember a scene from Part 1 to understand he was tongue-tied to a promise and believed his Teach would be smart enough to figure it out on their own? Because that's definitely not what happened when people started seeing his S rank support.

...Surely others have bothered to try and solve the Claude Puzzle?
FEH FC: 9107921851

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
2 weeks ago#2
B-but... when does he bond with his wyvern buddy?!
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

Mega_Gardevoir
2 weeks ago#3
StellaLunaris posted...
B-but... when does he bond with his wyvern buddy?!
Riding wyverns is considered a Rite of Passage in Almyra. He must've tamed a special one during his turn. I'm kinda hoping the Claude X Balthus support covers it though.

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
2 weeks ago#4
Honestly, I can agree with the perception that his character arc is a little lacking. Would have been better if the ethics of his scheming were better utilized since Part 1 flirts with that a bit.

Still, he more than makes up for it by being an entertaining scene stealer whenever he shows up.

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
2 weeks ago#5
I wish we could've had at least one map in Almyra, but I guess thats new game bait material like morphis and albinea
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
2 weeks ago#6
Whenever I see the word"discussion", I can't think of Claude. Poor Claude, he's just not the big Evil.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

Mega_Gardevoir
2 weeks ago#7
BloodMoon7 posted...
Whenever I see the word"discussion", I can't think of Claude. Poor Claude, he's just not the big Evil.
It's kind of a sad feeling, you know. Playing the game, getting impressed by what they tried with Claude, then going online to see the front page filled with Edelgard topics that aren't even spoiler tagged. If you make a topic about Claude/Dimitri you are lucky to get any posts at all.

I wanted to discuss how it's even possible to do a cartwheel while shooting an arrow, or how dragons with reindeer antlers are a cultural icon, or how being bi would have probably made him at least 2x as popular and they probably plugged a cork in it when they saw his popularity rise during pre-release. Because Japan is that uncomfortable with a gay lord or something and they never had the balls to make Soren x Ike official. But yuri is a-ok.

Reality being harsh man. 😐 But no let's discuss politics for the 100th time. I really hate politics...

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
2 weeks ago#8
I find it weird that, between all the lords, Claude is the only one who is constantly challenged by his house. Hell, you can even call out his ideals as unrealistic, but meanwhile Edelgard and Dimitri, who are supposed to be more questionable are constantly sucked off by everyone unless you recruit people.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: IvoEska

IvoEska
2 weeks ago#9
Claude's backstory is more interesting than Claude himself.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
2 weeks ago#10
Zeveria posted...
I find it weird that, between all the lords, Claude is the only one who is constantly challenged by his house. Hell, you can even call out his ideals as unrealistic, but meanwhile Edelgard and Dimitri, who are supposed to be more questionable are constantly sucked off by everyone unless you recruit people.

I dunno, good 'ol Plank-chan stepping in to stab Randolph before Dimitri could torture him was probably the most active role they had for some time.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Claude Opinions & Discussion *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A