• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing
supremeblaster posted...
would you still ever use her again after Clarine though? i was generally trying to give her more of a niche to call her own.

it especially works because Bishops(or rather Light magic) is pretty underpowered in FE6. a really high Mag at the end of the day and good speed would mostly just make her combat acceptable rather than OP.

Sure. She uses light magic later on after all, while Clarine uses anima, so that alone is already a niche Elen has over her, and ligth tomes are lighter in FE6 than they are in FE7 to begin with. Also, Clarine has only 30% MAG growth and only 1 point of MAG above Elen's base. Meaning that even in vanilla, Elen has better MAG, her only real problem is her SPD.

Clarine has a 40% RES while Elen has a 60% growth as well better HP if only a bit, making her the uncontested better magic tank of the two.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 week ago)
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Sure. She uses light magic later on after all, while Clarine uses anima, so that alone is already a niche Elen has over her, and ligth tomes are lighter in FE6 than they are in FE7 to begin with. Also, Clarine has only 30% MAG growth and only 1 point of MAG above Elen's base. Meaning that even in vanilla, Elen has better MAG, her only real problem is her SPD.

Clarine has a 40% RES while Elen has a 60% growth as well better HP if only a bit, making her the uncontested better magic tank of the two.

light magic in general has really low Mt though. unless you have super high Mag, you're not really killing anything with it.

Elen loses to Clarine in most cases because Clarine starts with a mount, and you need a lot to overcome a mount. even with vaguely similar stats, Elen is always going to end up benched cause Clarine just has way more utility.
Since Clarine's utility > Elen by a lot
we can make Elen's combat > Clarine's by a lot to make her an actual option to be considered
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
supremeblaster posted...
light magic in general has really low Mt though. unless you have super high Mag, you're not really killing anything with it.

Elen loses to Clarine in most cases because Clarine starts with a mount, and you need a lot to overcome a mount. even with vaguely similar stats, Elen is always going to end up benched cause Clarine just has way more utility.
Since Clarine's utility > Elen by a lot
we can make Elen's combat > Clarine's by a lot to make her an actual option to be considered

I mean, considering she has a 50% growth in MAG and that she should get more from promoting alone, she should be killing enemies with low RES with ease, and softening up any magic enemies while taking little damage in return. It's her SPD that holds her back, because whitout doubling, she can't kill even the low RES enemies.

Clarine's only utility is move and rescuing. Move isn't much of an advantage, specially once you get physics. Rescue is rarely needed with some exceptions.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: 1000cris

1000cris
1 week ago#44
I mean, considering she has a 50% growth in MAG and that she should get more from promoting alone, she should be killing enemies with low RES with ease, and softening up any magic enemies while taking little damage in return. It's her SPD that holds her back, because whitout doubling, she can't kill even the low RES enemies.

Clarine's only utility is move and rescuing. Move isn't much of an advantage, specially once you get physics. Rescue is rarely needed with some exceptions.

Move is huge though, clarine can mend for way less than it cost to physic and it will heal more HP as well.

User Info: Cobalnite

Cobalnite
1 week ago#45
1000cris posted...
Move is huge though, clarine can mend for way less than it cost to physic and it will heal more HP as well.
Just ignore him, you'll end up derailing this topic.

Official Husband of Lady Azura from FE:Fates
Xenoblade logic: Toppling huge monsters with only 1 punch
1000cris posted...

True, I suppose. Mend is more powerful, but won't her lower MAG even it out?
Cobalnite posted...
Just ignore him, you'll end up derailing this topic.

Ignore one of the voices of reason? I was the one who made the Vindication patch, thus I know better than most.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Cobalnite

Cobalnite
1 week ago#48
True, I suppose. Mend is more powerful, but won't her lower MAG even it out?
Nope +3 mag difference at worst between Clarine and Ellen
Mend has a +10 lead
Official Husband of Lady Azura from FE:Fates
Xenoblade logic: Toppling huge monsters with only 1 punch
Cobalnite posted...
Nope +3 mag difference at worst between Clarine and Ellen
Mend has a +10 lead

Early on, that's true.

But once again, why aren't your healers near your units? Unless you aren't blocking the enemies path's correctly. If they are near, they won't need more than 5 move to reach them, and Clarine only has 2 move over Elen anyway.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SavageJester

SavageJester
1 week ago#50
Honestly I would add +5% to her spd growth and give her +2 mag to her base.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A