• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
1 week ago#31
SavageJester posted...
I honestly do not know what to do with knights in FE6 especially Bors. It's like they were made to be bad. With Bors I would maybe increase his level to like 3 and increase his bases to 22/9/6/4/5/13. And increase his str and skl growth by 10 and def growth by 5

Bors

I think the Armor Knights are at their worst in the series in FE6.

The game specifically tells you that Armor Knights are tanky, so why isn’t Bors? He gets 2RKOed by early game Fighters, same as your other units. I think some of them even ORKO him. Is he tanky against Cavaliers and Mercenaries? Probably not tanky enough.

He either needs high enough Spd to not get doubled by Fighters or enough Def to still be tanky against them, and even then you just have a tanky character that has terrible Move and still poor offenses.

He would also need his Spd increased enough to double slow enemies or significantly increasing his Str enough to put a good dent into most enemies with one hit.

So either a decent increase in Spd or large increase in both Str and Def or some combination of small buffs to everything.

He also needs to be differentiated from the other Armor Knights though. Normally Barth has good Str and Def but no Skl or Spd, Wendy has the lowest Def but the best offenses with decent Str and Spd (kind of). And Bors has pretty good Def and much better Spd than Barth but low Str and less Spd than Wendy.

So to keep this the same, it would seem that the solution for him would be increasing his Spd to the point where he only gets doubled by fast enemies, which he has enough Def to be fine against. That way, he is practically invincible but would still have less Str and Def than Barth and less Str and Spd than Wendy. A small increase in Str and Def would probably still be needed.

By the way, when I say “increase x stat”, this could be some combination of bases and growths. I don’t know the exact number changes that would work best.

Wolt

Wolt has terrible base stats. He can only deal very small amounts of chip damage, can’t double, has bad surivability, and no enemy phase.

I say to increase all of his bases at least a little bit, with Skl and Spd standing out as being pretty good. Increase his Def and Luc a little bit too. There’s no reason for him to be so fragile, but it’s not a huge issue since he’s obviously a player phase unit anyway. He should have slightly higher Skl, Spd, Luc, and Def growths but I think his main issue is with the bases, not the growths.

To differentiate him from Dorothy, normally these two are very similar but Dorothy has slightly higher Str, Spd, and Res, while Wolt has slightly higher Skl, Luc, and Def. I suggest to increase Wolt’s base and growth of Skl, Spd, Luc, and Def to be higher than Dorothy’s. While giving her higher Str and Res.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
(edited 1 week ago)
honestly all the buffs to stats and still don't make Bors a viable unit at all. A LOT of FE6 maps are big, and odds are Bors is gonna have no shot in joining and consistently staying in on the action ever with his horrible 4 Mov even through rescue-drop shenanigans.

maybe he could start with an innate Boots, i.e already used? just to ensure the boots dont just go elsewhere. i do think that alone mitigates a lot of his bigger issues.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: DA125

DA125
1 week ago#33
supremeblaster posted...
maybe he could start with an innate Boots, i.e already used? just to ensure the boots dont just go elsewhere. i do think that alone mitigates a lot of his bigger issues.
While your idea would be a fairly good idea in theory, I wouldn't know how to actually code that in. As far as I know, there isn't any way to have a unit start off with a movement stat modifier already used, besides changing the base movement of the class itself to achieve the same effect (which we obviously do not really want to do here).

A good halfway solution (which I discussed in the FE7 thread when debating Oswin's movement) would be to introduce an item into the game that grants +2 movement to an armored unit that holds it in their inventory (think something like Three Houses's march ring, but the effect is only granted to armor knights and generals), and have it obtainable as a stealable item in the Chapter 3 boss's inventory. In this fashion, Bors (or any other armor) can enjoy the benefits of +2 move, but no one else can actually make use of said trinket.

That's all I have to say here. Have a nice day.
One guy? No continues? What were they thinking?
-AVGN

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
1 week ago#34
supremeblaster posted...
honestly all the buffs to stats and still don't make Bors a viable unit at all. A LOT of FE6 maps are big, and odds are Bors is gonna have no shot in joining and consistently staying in on the action ever with his horrible 4 Mov even through rescue-drop shenanigans.

If we’re going to do that then there’s no point in him being in Armor Knight. At that point, we may as well give him a horse. At that point, we might as well give everyone horses.

I do not advocate for balance at the cost of variety. What I think we should try to do is find a way to achieve balance and still have variety. Each unit is meant to have certain strengths and weaknesses. I am not a fan of removing those weaknesses to balance units, thus reducing uniqueness in units. I would rather increase unit’s strengths to make up for their weaknesses.

While it is true that high move is very useful, and there are a lot of large maps. I do think that perhaps the best way to improve Armor Knights is through map design. However, for the sale of this thread, I would like to see Bors buffed enough to make an argument for using him even with his low Move.

I do agree with the suggestion someone made earlier of lowering his Con. His Con is higher than it needs to be and hurts him more than it benefits him.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Whisky posted...
If we’re going to do that then there’s no point in him being in Armor Knight. At that point, we may as well give him a horse. At that point, we might as well give everyone horses.

I do not advocate for balance at the cost of variety. What I think we should try to do is find a way to achieve balance and still have variety. Each unit is meant to have certain strengths and weaknesses. I am not a fan of removing those weaknesses to balance units, thus reducing uniqueness in units. I would rather increase unit’s strengths to make up for their weaknesses.

While it is true that high move is very useful, and there are a lot of large maps. I do think that perhaps the best way to improve Armor Knights is through map design. However, for the sale of this thread, I would like to see Bors buffed enough to make an argument for using him even with his low Move.

I do agree with the suggestion someone made earlier of lowering his Con. His Con is higher than it needs to be and hurts him more than it benefits him.

i mean he still has the highest defense of any unit save i think Marcus? and has that for a while. it's plenty unique and fits his Armor Knight role. he doesn't double but he can tank well. being able to keep up with the action is the part that would make them actually work though, as tanking requires that you be in front of the pack and not the back.

armor knights in general are a poorly conceived idea in the GBA FEs and honestly need a lot of help to have any type of usability.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
(edited 1 week ago)
He doesn't need mounted movement. 5-6 movement does just fine. For weaknesses, all they need is their low SPD and meh RES.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SavageJester

SavageJester
1 week ago#37
Elen is next.
+6 base Magic, +20% increase to speed growth

Congratulations Elen is now good. or at least par with Clarine even without a mount
(edited 1 week ago)
supremeblaster posted...
+6 base Magic, +20% increase to speed growth

Congratulations Elen is now good

That's insane. A 4 MAG base would work just fine with her 50% MAG growth. I Agree with the SPD growth.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
That's insane. A 4 MAG base would work just fine with her 50% MAG growth. I Agree with the SPD growth.

would you still ever use her again after Clarine though? i was generally trying to give her more of a niche to call her own.

it especially works because Bishops(or rather Light magic) is pretty underpowered in FE6. a really high Mag at the end of the day and good speed would mostly just make her combat acceptable rather than OP.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A