• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing

User Info: SavageJester

SavageJester
3 days ago#291
Panthera posted...
This is such a pointless argument. If a characters strength is their problem, it needs to be improved regardless of arbitrary notions about how certain classes "aren't known" for it. Armor knights aren't known for being any good, should they just stay s*** forever because of it?
Oh jeez let's buff Fir's and Rutger's strength while we're at it. Might as well give him and her 60% strength growth as well since they're strength is low. Armor knights aren't known for being good? Where did you hear this? Surely because you've played FE6 you don't think that all armor knights are bad.

SavageJester
3 days ago#292
Next is Raigh:
Raigh: He could use an increase in his base speed from 9 to 11. This might be a stretch but maybe increase his constitution to 8.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
3 days ago#293
SavageJester posted...
Oh jeez let's buff Fir's and Rutger's strength while we're at it. Might as well give him and her 60% strength growth as well since they're strength is low. Armor knights aren't known for being good? Where did you hear this? Surely because you've played FE6 you don't think that all armor knights are bad.

What the f***? How do you get "double Rutger's strength growth" from "A unit being bad because of bad strength specifically needs to have that fixed regardless of whether it subjectively feels like they're supposed to have bad strength because that's just saying that you feel like that unit should be intentionally bad"

Armor knights are almost always bad. Even when individual ones manage to not be, it's almost always because they're given abnormally high stats in some regard (Oswin has bonkers bases, Effie's personal is super potent early in the game) and even then they usually fall off too fast to be anything more than average overall. The fact that they need to be given absolutely crazy strengths to even be average is a testament to how fundamentally flawed their "outclassed by pretty much everyone at moving and fighting" design really is
Meow!

Panthera
3 days ago#294
SavageJester posted...
Next is Raigh:
Raigh: He could use an increase in his base speed from 9 to 11. This might be a stretch but maybe increase his constitution to 8.

What does this constitution increase even achieve? The only tomes that weigh more than 6 are Eclipse and Apocalypse. One is irrelevant and the other only exists briefly and even with these changes he's still unlikely to double much of note. I'm pretty sure he's still borderline at best on doubling even the slowest endgame Manaketes. I mean, I guess it makes it harder to carry him around for...idk Body Ring Milady...?
Meow!
(edited 3 days ago)

SavageJester
2 days ago#295
Panthera posted...
What does this constitution increase even achieve? The only tomes that weigh more than 6 are Eclipse and Apocalypse. One is irrelevant and the other only exists briefly and even with these changes he's still unlikely to double much of note. I'm pretty sure he's still borderline at best on doubling even the slowest endgame Manaketes. I mean, I guess it makes it harder to carry him around for...idk Body Ring Milady...?
Sigh... coming from the guy who thinks Shin is bad. I'll just carry on.

Panthera
2 days ago#296
Who the f*** thinks Shin is bad lmao

YOUR version of Shin is bad. Your version, the one that loses some strength and a third of his speed, making him incapable of contributing anything offensively. The one I literally looked up the enemy stats for just to explain why his performance was awful. Thinking that Shin should not be rendered unusable is not saying that Shin is a bad unit as is.

Your version of Shin was nerfed into irrelevance and you're talking about raising Raigh's constitution to 8 like it's some sort of big deal when it literally doesn't even do anything outside of MAYBE improve his performance against one or two (already easily killed, whether by him or others) enemy types in one single chapter. Some of your ideas make no sense and are not based on the actual game. No one is going to buy your attempts to lie about what I've said in the very topic that proves you're lying either.
Meow!
TC's strangely lacking in FE knowledge for being the one who makes these topics.

But yes let's cool down ya'll. it's all just bad opinions

So Raigh. Apparantly he has HM bonuses coded in the game tho they aren't used. These are how they affect him, rounded:

27 HP(+4), 16 Mag(+4), 12 Skill(+3), 12 Spd(+3), 8 Luck(+2), 6 Def(+1) and 13 Res(+3)

found here: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/31729-rate-the-unit-day-36-ray/

but yeah i think those stats work pretty well to make him good. Add a +2 con on top of that(might not even be needed considering promotion)and he's officially a strong dark mage.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
(edited 2 days ago)

Panthera
2 days ago#298
IIRC recruitable units aren't really supposed to get hard mode bonuses, but when they show up as reinforcements they do because of an oversight (this is why units like Raigh and Hugh don't get them, but someone like Rutger does, and Milady does even though she's never really on the map as an enemy because she's loaded onto the map as an enemy unit for cutscene purposes after the chapter begins). He would get generic shaman growths * however many bonus levels enemies are getting in chapter 12. So that's probably pretty accurate, and would be fairly helpful, although he still might be a tad slow at base. +1 Con would let him use Flux unhindered at base and Nosferatu unhindered after promotion, which should be all he needs since Apocalypse is so late and is more of a chip machine than anything else (given how hilariously heavy it is by FE6 tome standards, it's clearly intended to weigh you down like crazy so that should probably not be too heavily changed). Those stats and an extra point of Con would definitely make him not feel like a waste of time anymore
Meow!

SavageJester
2 days ago#299
supremeblaster posted...
TC's strangely lacking in FE knowledge for being the one who makes these topics.

But yes let's cool down ya'll. it's all just bad opinions

So Raigh. Apparantly he has HM bonuses coded in the game tho they aren't used. These are how they affect him, rounded:

27 HP(+4), 16 Mag(+4), 12 Skill(+3), 12 Spd(+3), 8 Luck(+2), 6 Def(+1) and 13 Res(+3)

found here: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/31729-rate-the-unit-day-36-ray/

but yeah i think those stats work pretty well to make him good. Add a +2 con on top of that(might not even be needed considering promotion)and he's officially a strong dark mage.
>Telling someone to cool down by saying they're lacking in knowledge and saying they have bad opinions as that's not going to provoke retaliation.
>Great mediator dude.
Panthera's all for making people people balanced by adding more but doesn't understand what balancing means. Yeah he's worse. So what? Maybe I intended for that to make it so that he stays in place with others and maybe I don't know not make people drop Sue for him? Please tell me supremeblaster how I'm lacking in knowledge? You never did explain how +20 crit on snipers would make it better? If I recall earlier @Dekadense called you out on rating units before bonuses Panthera. You happened to misinterpret me calling his base stats for Hard Mode and just snapped. What post proved me to be a liar? Anyways I'm just going to continue.
(edited 2 days ago)

SavageJester
2 days ago#300
Cath: Don't know. Maybe differentiate her growths from the others or make her strength, luck, speed growths bigger than the other two to make up for her time?
Melady: I guess she's ok? Good offensive growths but low defensive growths. Maybe change caps?

1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A