• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing

User Info: SavageJester

SavageJester
2 days ago#281
Whisky posted...
Let’s not carried away with buffing characters just because they aren’t the best units in the game. A good unit doesn’t need buffs. We are trying to balance the characters better here, not just make every character super.

Klein is fine. He doesn’t need any changes.

Units that start unprompted need to compete with all other units that promote with the same item. They need to offer some incentive to be used and promoted. Promotion items are limited. Also, a unit that starts out weaker than other units and needs to be trained up to become good, needs to be worth using, training, and promoting over other units. Geese and Gonzalez need buffs to be able to justify promoting them over Rutger and Dieck.

Pre-promotes are a whole different story. Most pre-promotes are immediately useful when they join and will never require nearly the amount of investment required for un-promoted units. Un-promoted units to need to offer something to justify investing in them. Pre-promotes like Klein don’t need any investment to be immediately useful. There are some pre-promotes that I think are bad, but not Klein. Klein is already good.
That is really not the case. Balancing is not solely on making characters better. It's making it so that everyone can be played without having the need to drop one for the other. On NM Klein is outmatched by Igrene and on HM vice versa. Dayan, Juno, and Douglas need help. Cecilia starts off in a desert map with subpar combat utility and Echidna fights a barrage of enemies with her low defense.
(edited 2 days ago)

SavageJester
2 days ago#282
supremeblaster posted...
we said they wouldn't have innate crit on ballistas!
Care to explain more? Because I really dont see this as useful. Swordsmasters +30 crit is however. Their low strength growth hampers their ability to do damage so they rely on crits more.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Cobalnite

Cobalnite
2 days ago#283
Couldn't we just give Ballistae a -45 crit reduction?

15 (Skl cap/2)+10( killer Ballistae crt)+20(Planned Sniper boost)=45 crt
Official Husband of Lady Azura from FE:Fates
Xenoblade logic: Toppling huge monsters with only 1 punch

SavageJester
2 days ago#284
Whisky posted...
Lalum / Elphin
They are fine how they are.

Tate
Her HM bases are:

HP_Str_Skl_Spd_Luc_Def_Res
28__9__12__15__6___8___8

She's pretty good with HM bonuses. I suggest to make her HM bases her bases for both NM and HM. I don't know if she needs anything more than that. She's pretty good. Not great, but not bad. She's a bit under leveled but it doesn't take much investment for her to gain a couple levels and promote which brings her stats to a minimum of:

HP_Str_Skl_Spd_Luc_Def_Res
34__11_13__17___6__10__10

Actually, there is a buff I think she should have. She should start at at least C Lances, if not B. I don't know if we should increase her level or base stats at all. She shouldn't be too strong. She does fly after all.
Thea is actually fine as she is. She is 2 levels before promotion and has good stats for a pegasus knight. Don't know why you increased her strength. She has a 40% growth in it. Pegasus knights aren't known for the strength you know.

SavageJester
2 days ago#285
Larum and Elphin are fine.
Echidna: She is good but the only thing I would increase is her skill growth from 25% to 35%.
Bartre: Increase his strength growth 40 to 50%. Increase his base skill from 11 to 12. Increase his base speed from 10 to 11. Increase his constitution from 14 to 15.
SavageJester posted...
Increase his constitution from 14 to 15.

you were going good until this. why

in any case Bartre's fine with our Axe accuracy buff and like +2 Spd so he doesn't get doubled
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
2 days ago#287
SavageJester posted...
Thea is actually fine as she is. She is 2 levels before promotion and has good stats for a pegasus knight. Don't know why you increased her strength. She has a 40% growth in it. Pegasus knights aren't known for the strength you know.

I didn’t increase her Str. That’s the Str she has on Hard Mode.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
2 days ago#288
SavageJester posted...
Pegasus knights aren't known for the strength you know.

This is such a pointless argument. If a characters strength is their problem, it needs to be improved regardless of arbitrary notions about how certain classes "aren't known" for it. Armor knights aren't known for being any good, should they just stay s*** forever because of it?
Meow!
Panthera posted...
This is such a pointless argument. If a characters strength is their problem, it needs to be improved regardless of arbitrary notions about how certain classes "aren't known" for it. Armor knights aren't known for being any good, should they just stay s*** forever because of it?

Not really. Because the reason they aren't good is because their stats don't compensate for their weaknesses. Binding Blade being a perfect example, of them somehow expecting the armors to be only DEF at the expense of almost every stat.

For armors to be good, they need DEF, first and foremost, sure. but STR and HP should also be high. STR was what they were lacking in FE6, if they were more like Effie, then they would be in bussiness.

It's okay for a pegasus knight to have higher STR, but only if the unit in question isn't supposed to be the typical pegasus, meaning it can never be the very first pegasus you get. Tate isn't the first, so it's okay. Although I think it would make more sense for Juno to be the one with the unusual stats.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 2 days ago)

SavageJester
2 days ago#290
supremeblaster posted...
you were going good until this. why

in any case Bartre's fine with our Axe accuracy buff and like +2 Spd so he doesn't get doubled
"Our"? More like yours dude. And why should his focus be on speed? He has a brave axe and the 15 constitution helps him not be hampered by it. Axes are known for being powerful and less accurate. First was the +20 crit for snipers and now this.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A