• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
3 days ago#261
Bump to prevent it from being buried by 500 seperate DLC topics for the 4-5 same subjects. Atleast le funny Edelsatan xdxdxd topics took a holiday.

And yes, Geese needs a bit of help to not get dwarved by Bartre/Echidna or even Gonzales. Also requires a Hero Crest and we all know that goes to Rutger to shred through Legance, Henning, Scott and about a dozen bosses on top of that.

Geese needs a hard +2 on all stats to be comparable now. Gonzales with HM bonuses post-axe buff is just better than him at this point.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: SavageJester

SavageJester
3 days ago#263
Klein: Increase his strength growth of 35% to 40% and increase his base speed of 11 to 12 as well as increasing his base luck from 10 to 15.
think the +20 Sniper crit i suggested makes Klein adequately good
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
3 days ago#265
Let’s not carried away with buffing characters just because they aren’t the best units in the game. A good unit doesn’t need buffs. We are trying to balance the characters better here, not just make every character super.

Klein is fine. He doesn’t need any changes.

Units that start unprompted need to compete with all other units that promote with the same item. They need to offer some incentive to be used and promoted. Promotion items are limited. Also, a unit that starts out weaker than other units and needs to be trained up to become good, needs to be worth using, training, and promoting over other units. Geese and Gonzalez need buffs to be able to justify promoting them over Rutger and Dieck.

Pre-promotes are a whole different story. Most pre-promotes are immediately useful when they join and will never require nearly the amount of investment required for un-promoted units. Un-promoted units to need to offer something to justify investing in them. Pre-promotes like Klein don’t need any investment to be immediately useful. There are some pre-promotes that I think are bad, but not Klein. Klein is already good.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
(edited 3 days ago)
i would say Klien's acceptable just because his bases are good, but generally i really couldn't call him good overall. he's a foot-locked and bow-locked unit, in a game where Enemy phase is deeply important and so is having utility.

so Sniper crit +20 as it applies to all of them

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
3 days ago#267
supremeblaster posted...
i would say Klien's acceptable just because his bases are good, but generally i really couldn't call him good overall. he's a foot-locked and bow-locked unit, in a game where Enemy phase is deeply important and so is having utility.

so Sniper crit +20 as it applies to all of them

I think I'm fine with that. I don't think it makes him too good, but I don't think he needs it either. Like Panthera said earlier, we're making the game easier at this point, rather than just buffing the unit that actually need it.

Edit: Is Enemy Phase "deeply important" in this game? Not nearly as much as in many other FE games like FE7. You use a different unit than Klein to bait enemies and keep him out of range, and then have Klein help out of Player Phase. Player Phase is very important in this game too.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
3 days ago#268
Klain is an average to above average unit already, he's very worth deploying for a few maps because bows are actually really good in chapter 12 with all its corridors, and he's a good delete button for wyverns in the next few maps. You can bring him back even at base or close to base level for a map like 21 or 23 solely to set up kills on wyverns with a Silver Bow (dude has A bows at base!). He can use the Brave Bow that you get in chapter 12 as well and his offense is really good with it. He even doubles some slower enemies, and is one of the better chip options against things like Mercs that no one doubles. He's a very good filler unit, outside of chapter 12 and maybe 13 he's never really optimal, but any time you have more deployment slots than good units you can toss him in there and he'll be useful in some way.

Friendly reminder that giving a crit boost to Snipers is a dramatic change to every single map that features enemy Snipers and turns almost all of them into an RNG fest, especially the ones on ballistas
Meow!
Panthera posted...
Klain is an average to above average unit already, he's very worth deploying for a few maps because bows are actually really good in chapter 12 with all its corridors, and he's a good delete button for wyverns in the next few maps. You can bring him back even at base or close to base level for a map like 21 or 23 solely to set up kills on wyverns with a Silver Bow (dude has A bows at base!). He can use the Brave Bow that you get in chapter 12 as well and his offense is really good with it. He even doubles some slower enemies, and is one of the better chip options against things like Mercs that no one doubles. He's a very good filler unit, outside of chapter 12 and maybe 13 he's never really optimal, but any time you have more deployment slots than good units you can toss him in there and he'll be useful in some way.

Friendly reminder that giving a crit boost to Snipers is a dramatic change to every single map that features enemy Snipers and turns almost all of them into an RNG fest, especially the ones on ballistas

we said they wouldn't have innate crit on ballistas!
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
3 days ago#270
Are you just giving ballistas the property to never crit then? What does that do to the killer ballista (sad and silly as it is)?
Meow!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A