• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
1 week ago#21
Increase hitrates because its clearly bugged in FE6.

Give everybody higher growths to shore up their weaknesses and make it Hand Axe/Javelin Emblem like FE7.

User Info: DA125

DA125
1 week ago#22
Ok... Doing Wolt next, then Bors.

Wolt has many, many problems, the biggest one being his incredibly s***ty base stats. At base, Wolt manages to somehow have worse combat parameters than Roy, hitting for about the same amount of damage (Roy does 1 more due to WTA, but the difference is negligible since neither can eek out even a 3HKO) and dying in 2 hits, the only difference being that Wolt can't counter if exposed.

Now, if you have read my entries for how to buff archers in the Blazing Sword thread, I think you will know how this is going to go. If you're going to be in a class that can't counter at melee, you need to have a damn good player phase offense to make up for it. What I would do (and did in my balance patch) was give Wolt +5 to spd, +4 to skl, +2 to str and HP, and +1 to def, while boosting his speed growth from 40% to 60% (matching his mother's). This ended up giving him the following base parameters:

20 HP/6 str/8 skl/10 spd/4 lck/5 def/0 res

The new parameters allow him to double most of the fighters in his starting map and combine for kills with your other combat units, while being able to maintain this for the whole game if trained. I also would give snipers an innate +30% crit bonus.

-----

As for Bors, his main selling point is supposed to be his bulk. The problem is that due to a combination of factors, he's barely, and in some cases, less durable than some of your other units early on. This is largely due to his awful base speed; 3 base speed not only means that he will fail to double even weighed down soldiers, but he can get doubled by roughly half the fighters in his starting map. Considering that these fighters do 7-8 HP damage to his 20 HP/11 def, he's already at risk of being two rounded (and I should duly note that his defense growth, while high by the standards of this game, is still really lame for an armor knight at 35%). On top of that, his offense is lame due to a mediocre strength stat and growth and the fact that he's lancelocked on maps that are 90% axe users. And this is further compounded by the normal issues that plague armors in these games (bad move, inability to be rescued).

The best way to improve a unit like this is to improve his main selling point. For this, I buffed Bors's level to 4, and gave him +5 to HP, +2 to str, +3 to skl and res, and +1 to spd and def, giving him the following stats at base:

25 HP/9 str/7 skl/4 spd/4 lck/12 def/3 res

I also increased his strength and skill growths to 40% each, his defense growth to 50%, and his res growth to 20%, putting him more in line with armors in FE7/8, and making him into a better overall long term unit.

The new base parameters allow him to avoid double attacks by any of the earlygame fighters, while getting 5HKO'd by them even after WTA is factored in, while also hitting said fighters hard enough to 3HKO them even with WTD taken into account.

That is all I have to say on these two for now. Have a nice day.
One guy? No continues? What were they thinking?
-AVGN
(edited 1 week ago)
Dekadense posted...
Increase hitrates because its clearly bugged in FE6.

Give everybody higher growths to shore up their weaknesses and make it Hand Axe/Javelin Emblem like FE7.

No way. Even if thrown weapons were as broken as you imply in FE7, the goal should be to balance it. the only buff they need is their hit rates. In a game where enemies have higher avoid, they should have the usual 60%-65% hit rate.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: SavageJester

SavageJester
1 week ago#24
I would give Wolt 20/5/6/7/5/5 and increase his str,skl, and spd growth by 5 and def by 10.
SavageJester posted...
I would give Wolt 20/5/6/7/5/5 and increase his str,skl, and spd growth by 5 and def by 10.

Honestly, SPD should be 8. Archers are part of the fast type classes, or are supposed to be, don't ask me why the usual archer archtypes like Wolt, Gordin, Virion start slow, but Sniper promotion gains are usually high in the SPD department.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 week ago)

SavageJester
1 week ago#26
If we're done with Wolt, I guess Bors is next.
Bors has more the classic Armor Knight problem, stupidly high con, crap speed, crap mov. the last one would require a class-wide change so it's a bit hard to make that one.

so i guess -4 con, +2 Spd, +3 Skill, +20% growth to Str, Skill, and Def, and that should mitigate his terrible mov at least to a decent degree, especially with many new rescue drop options due to the lower con.

also could start him off with a Boots in his inventory on top of the before-mentioned stuff and just solve the problem entirely. with 6 mov he'd genuinely be a good strong unit. not capable of doubling much even then and nothing resembling a cavalier, but sturdy and can take active part in the action, like any armor knight should be able to do.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
(edited 1 week ago)

SavageJester
1 week ago#28
I honestly do not know what to do with knights in FE6 especially Bors. It's like they were made to be bad. With Bors I would maybe increase his level to like 3 and increase his bases to 22/9/6/4/5/13. And increase his str and skl growth by 10 and def growth by 5

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 week ago#29
supremeblaster posted...

also could start him off with a Boots in his inventory on top of the before-mentioned stuff and just solve the problem entirely. with 6 mov he'd genuinely be a good strong unit

I'm sure the horse crew would appreciate the lovely gift he brings for them
Meow!

User Info: DA125

DA125
1 week ago#30
Panthera posted...
I'm sure the horse crew would appreciate the lovely gift he brings for them
Which was why I didn't add in an early boots into my balance patch. Yes, I could say that the intent would be for an armored unit to use it to make their movement not suck, but there would be nothing to stop the player from giving those boots to a mounted (e.g: Alance) or flying (e.g: Shanna) unit.

SavageJester posted...
I honestly do not know what to do with knights in FE6 especially Bors. It's like they were made to be bad. With Bors I would maybe increase his level to like 3 and increase his bases to 22/9/6/4/5/13. And increase his str and skl growth by 10 and def growth by 5
You know, that's actually pretty similar to what I did with Bors in my patch, except that I made him Lv4 and gave him these base stats:

25 HP/9 str/7 skl/4 spd/4 lck/12 def/3 res

While also buffing his strength, skill, and res growths by +10% each and his defense growth by +15%.

The parameters I gave him ensures that he will never be doubled by earlygame fighters, while also being 4-5HKO'd by them and 3HKOing them back after factoring in weapon triangle.

The only point of contention right now is whether to lower his con from 14 to 13, which would make him slightly easier to carry around post-promo (notably, promoted Shanna (5 con/15 aid) would be able to rescue Bors if his promoted con was lowered to 15).

That is all I have to say about him for now. Have a nice day.
One guy? No continues? What were they thinking?
-AVGN
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A