• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing

User Info: SavageJester

SavageJester
2 weeks ago#1
After wrapping up the previous session with FE7, I feel as if I should have started off with FE6. We'll go by this order:
Roy
Marcus
Alan
Lance
Wolt
Bors
Merlinus
Elen
Dieck
Lot
Wade
Shanna
Chad
Lugh
Clarine
Rutger
Saul
Dorothy
Sue
Zelot
Treck
Noah
Astolfo
Lilina
Gwendolyn
Barthe
Ogier
Fir
Sin
Gonzalez
Geese
Klein
Thea
Larum
Echidna
Elfin
Bartre
Raigh
Cath
Melady
Perceval
Cecilia
Sophia
Igrene
Garret
Hugh
Zeiss
Douglas
Niime
Dayan
Juno
Yoder
Karel

Also what's your guys' opinions on the numbers patch?
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
2 weeks ago#2
Roy promotes after chapter 16.
Peony squad for life. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: DA125

DA125
2 weeks ago#3
SavageJester posted...
Also what's your guys' opinions on the numbers patch?
I don't know what you mean by "numbers patch".

Anyways, Roy...

Roy's two biggest problems can be best summed up as follows: Bad bases and poor promotion timing.

I think it is no secret that Roy's bases are absolute garbage. At base level, he's roughly 4HKOing enemy fighters in his starting map, while getting cleanly 2HKO'd.

What I did with Roy when I was rebalancing units for this game was to give him +4 to his HP base, +2 to his str and skl, and +1 to his spd, then increased his speed growth to 50%. I also buffed the might of his rapier from 5 to 8, which combined with the aforementioned base stat increase, makes him pretty solid against earlygame pony riders (IIRC, he was 2HKOing even the lance wielding ones at base level when I was testing the patch on 0% growths), and overall makes it easier for him to get off the ground.

As for his promotion time, I remember in some of my past playthroughs, I managed to get him to Lv20 by Chapter 16, so I would change the timing of his automated promotion from the end of Chapter 21(x) to the end of Chapter 16.

Oh yeah. I also gave the Binding Blade infinite uses, especially considering how late you get it. That and I actually buffed Idunn in said patch, so...

That is all I really need
One guy? No continues? What were they thinking?
-AVGN
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
2 weeks ago#4
Mjolnirboi posted...
Roy promotes after chapter 16.

Also give him higher DEF & RES growths, so he isn't as weak.
8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)

User Info: SavageJester

SavageJester
2 weeks ago#5
https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/54110-fe6-numbers-patch-v15-now-with-a-proper-description/
This is the numbers patch. It's a balancing hack. But yeah give him Eliwood rapier, increases bases, and early promotion time.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
2 weeks ago#6
Roy probably needs to like be buffed to have the best of Alan and Lance's bases combined to be relevant as a combat unit. He'll still suffer from low movement forever after all (until the Boots shop saves the day, but that's a given and he's still not on a mount when it happens) which will hamper his exp gain opportunities and suppress his level somewhat, and even a post-chapter 16/16x promotion is fairly late. He really needs to not be total ass for everything other than Cav chipping at base
Meow!

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
2 weeks ago#7
Roy is underrated but he’s still bad.

The thing he needs most is an earlier promotion. Chapter 16 probably makes the most sense. What Chapter does he become General of the Eturian Army? It would make sense for it to happen then.

But even still, Roy is locked to 5 Mov and can only use Swords for most of the game. Also, his promotion isn’t even that good. People just think it’s good because he normally promotes at the same time that he gets the Sword of Seals.

I don’t even know how to fix this. Increased buffs and growths I guess is a simple solution but could work. I don’t kn is the exact numbers. He’s Sword locked and foot locked but also doesn’t get a Crit bonus, so compared to pretty much any other character, he will always fall behind. I think that he needs all of his stats increased a few points in order to not be bad.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: MonadoGuy25

MonadoGuy25
2 weeks ago#8
Roy is a pretty weak lord, and this works in tandem with his character. Making Roy a strong combat unit throughout the game would miss that point.

Instead, Roy can be a bit more of a supportive unit, but how can you do this with a swordlocked dude?

Ever play Thracia? You should.

Basically just give him an innate support bonus to every unit within 3 tiles of him, something like +5% to hit and avoid, and increase it over the course of the game (5% at the start, 10% after 8x, 15% after 16x, something like that). Think leadership stars.

There's even a romhack that incorporates this idea, I believe its called Project Ember, and it looked really cool, and balances out some units. What it does with Sophia I think is particularly interesting.

Oh, and of course have him promote after 16x, he's still a somewhat mediocre combat unit, but his early game niche usefulness + his support utility adds up to a pretty ok lord. Basically Leif-lite.

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
2 weeks ago#9
MonadoGuy25 posted...
Roy is a pretty weak lord, and this works in tandem with his character. Making Roy a strong combat unit throughout the game would miss that point.

Instead, Roy can be a bit more of a supportive unit, but how can you do this with a swordlocked dude?

Ever play Thracia? You should.

Basically just give him an innate support bonus to every unit within 3 tiles of him, something like +5% to hit and avoid, and increase it over the course of the game (5% at the start, 10% after 8x, 15% after 16x, something like that). Think leadership stars.

There's even a romhack that incorporates this idea, I believe its called Project Ember, and it looked really cool, and balances out some units. What it does with Sophia I think is particularly interesting.

Oh, and of course have him promote after 16x, he's still a somewhat mediocre combat unit, but his early game niche usefulness + his support utility adds up to a pretty ok lord. Basically Leif-lite.

That sounds like a cool idea. Being weak is part of his character but he could still be a little stronger than he is now while still being pretty weak. I like your support / leadership idea though.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: DA125

DA125
2 weeks ago#10
MonadoGuy25 posted...

Or like the Charm skill that Nanna and Diarmuid had (and which could also be given by the King Sword). Now that is an interesting way to make Roy useful.

I like it.
One guy? No continues? What were they thinking?
-AVGN
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. FE6 Buffing and Nerfing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A