• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Hilda becomes a lot worse on Maddening because of her Dex

User Info: New_Gen_Zero_2

New_Gen_Zero_2
3 weeks ago#1
Does she - Results (47 votes)
Confirm
31.91% (15 votes)
Deny
68.09% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic

User Info: pastasauseboi

pastasauseboi
3 weeks ago#2
Deny

Put her through archer and feed her all the dex boosters that are normally useless
Signatures are for losers. I know what I typed.

User Info: Protian

Protian
3 weeks ago#3
pastasauseboi posted...
Deny

Put her through archer and feed her all the dex boosters that are normally useless
This is how I felt too. Basically, yes there is an issue if you do nothing about it which could happen if you're not expecting it. But as pasta said, it may be one of the easiest things to correct in the game, meaning the opportunity cost of using those dex boosters elsewhere is basically nothing.

edit:
You could also utilize class bases to "correct" her dex growths if you so desired. You could make her a thief at level 10 for example on average giving her +3 dex and possibly a couple points of speed (depending on if recruited or leveled).

People balk at this a little bit, but if you think about how much you spend cultivating your garden to get a 1 point stat booster, the cost of an intermediate seal is nothing. The cost of getting to C in swords is a pittance (it's not a weakness for Hilda). Imagine if you could trade 300 skill xp for an extra ability slot that could only be used on a stat booster, who wouldn't make that trade? That's assuming you don't want to cheese it and you choose to go past D+, which could make it even more economical.

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
3 weeks ago#4
Never had any problems with her, personally.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: rk91

rk91
3 weeks ago#5
I got her on Silver Snow and she has less accuracy than Cathrine
3DS: 4656-6532-6312

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
3 weeks ago#6
Super D she's one of the only deer that can take a hit at all
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
3 weeks ago#7
The only time I used Hilda was on Maddening and she was fine. Not my best character though. I don’t have enough experience with her to make a comparison between Maddening and easier difficulties and say whether she is better or worse, but she is definitely not bad on Maddening.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Toadmode

Toadmode
3 weeks ago#8
Axes compound her low dex often leading to a hit problem mid game. Can be solved by using Lances.

Problem is she’s only really usable in two routes, which happen to have stiff competition from other, stronger, units.

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
3 weeks ago#9
When i played verdant wind maddening, I had her as a falcon knight and had no issues whatsoever with her dex.
Proud member of the Shadow Dragon defense force.

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
3 weeks ago#10
DEX is a joke stat with hit+20. Even then, some CA's have such rediculous hit modifiers *cough* Smash *cough*
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Hilda becomes a lot worse on Maddening because of her Dex
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A