• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Did Garon ever get as much negative reception as Edelgard does?

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
4 weeks ago#1
I remember back when Fates first came out there was some general rumbling about how much of a cardboard caricature of a villain he was, but I don't recall people ever being quite so strident in lambasting him as you see from Edelgard's detractors.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
4 weeks ago#2
Garon didn't have enough character for people to write long-ass rant posts about it either way.
"Antagonizing another user by posting about food is disruptive"
- A GameFaqs mod

User Info: Toadmode

Toadmode
4 weeks ago#3
Garon is a cartoony, over the top anime villain, who is an ugly old man. People can recognize and identify his evil extremely easily.

Edelgard is a cute anime girl who professes to want to save the world. Her evil is more insidious and she plays on the vulnerabilities of non introspective weebs.

User Info: TheCaptureX

TheCaptureX
4 weeks ago#4
Honestly, Garon didn't inspire those kinds of reactions because everyone agreed that he was a comically evil ass***. It was usually Xander that inspired the kinds of reactions that you're thinking of, because people actually defended his actions.
This sentence serves no purpose.

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
4 weeks ago#5
Edelhound is playable unit, that's why she gets hate.

The better comparison would be Birthright Xander or just Xander in general.
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
4 weeks ago#6
I don’t know if Edelgard even has much negative reception. There’s certainly controversy around her, but that kind of just shows how much depth to her character there is. Discussing whether Edelgard was right or wrong isn’t negative.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Darkdragoon324

Darkdragoon324
4 weeks ago#7
Decapre posted...
Edelhound is playable unit, that's why she gets hate.

The better comparison would be Birthright Xander or just Xander in general.

Garon: Cackling maniacally and ordering executions left and right.

Xander: He's just stressed.
"Antagonizing another user by posting about food is disruptive"
- A GameFaqs mod

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
4 weeks ago#8
TheCaptureX posted...
Honestly, Garon didn't inspire those kinds of reactions because everyone agreed that he was a comically evil ass***. It was usually Xander that inspired the kinds of reactions that you're thinking of, because people actually defended his actions.
I don't remember people ever actually defending Xander, was this super early after Fates came out? I thought we basically all agreed he's poorly-written.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
4 weeks ago#9
I will say Garon has a really good evil laugh.
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: LadyNihilist

LadyNihilist
4 weeks ago#10
Edelgard gets a lot of negative reception (as in, 'she's literally satan,' or 'everyone who doesn't hate her is stupid') because there are people who like her, the people who hate her can't stand that anyone likes her, and then everyone has to bring up how awesome/terrible she is every time she gets discussed. And sometimes even when she's not even the topic of discussion.

In comparison, basically everyone agreed that Garon was a bad guy and a poorly-written character. Where there is concensus, there is little debate.
N3DS Friend Code: 2680-9925-9550 ~ Pokemon UltraSun IGN: Yoko
FE:Fates MyCastle address (NA): 04178-51483 18998-23259
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Did Garon ever get as much negative reception as Edelgard does?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A