• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm scared of doing Maddening without New Game+...

User Info: TheGuyNamedWolf

TheGuyNamedWolf
1 month ago#1
I really don't want a piss yellow title screen.

Did they patch in an option to change it back?
You have just spent time to read my signature.

User Info: borderinq

borderinq
1 month ago#2
Good question, I don't think they did. It's really not all that noticeable imo. "Piss yellow" is more of a joke.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#3
do it, just keep in mind, majority of your characters can't take more than 1 hit throughout the whole run and you'll be fine.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 month ago#4
Understandable @ TC. I tried to do a Maddening run with NG+ with Church. Things went okay...until chapter 13. My Caspar, who was a Wyvern Rider, got wrecked hard. The poor sap barely reached 22 base speed before a brawler quad him to death. If I remembered his base def didn't even reach 18. I also lost Dorothea, who was dodging well with her hidden talent skill until some high AS enemy got lucky.

The experience from that failed run however, helped me prep for the non-NG+ GD Maddening chapter 13 map. I just finished non-NG+ GD Mad this morning. I feel I did much better compared to the previous attempt.

Hayas***akara posted...
do it, just keep in mind, majority of your characters can't take more than 1 hit throughout the whole run and you'll be fine.
But didn't you had a couple videos with an armor unit Caspar tanking in non-NG+ Maddening though?

I somehow got a Wyvern Leonie in non-NG+ GD Maddening, who had tanked some midgame and early timeskip quading brawlers. Sadly I only managed to get her base def to 33 at the final map.
Best Three Houses girls: Marianne, Annette, Mercedes, Petra and Hilda
Bernadetta is currently noscoping the hell out of GD Maddening. 420 blaze it Bernie!

User Info: hman1313

hman1313
1 month ago#5
the game would be much more difficult - and at a good balance - if they just got rid of the yellow lines indicating who will be attacked. keep the purple "enemy range" but get rid of the lines
It's a terrible irony - when you're young you don't have money to buy the games you want. When you're old, you don't have time to play them.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#6
NeoRyujinZ posted...
Understandable @ TC. I tried to do a Maddening run with NG+ with Church. Things went okay...until chapter 13. My Caspar, who was a Wyvern Rider, got wrecked hard. The poor sap barely reached 22 base speed before a brawler quad him to death. If I remembered his base def didn't even reach 18. I also lost Dorothea, who was dodging well with her hidden talent skill until some high AS enemy got lucky.

The experience from that failed run however, helped me prep for the non-NG+ GD Maddening chapter 13 map. I just finished non-NG+ GD Mad this morning. I feel I did much better compared to the previous attempt.

But didn't you had a couple videos with an armor unit Caspar tanking in non-NG+ Maddening though?

I somehow got a Wyvern Leonie in non-NG+ GD Maddening, who had tanked some midgame and early timeskip quading brawlers. Sadly I only managed to get her base def to 33 at the final map.

yes, but you have to build specifically for it, it's why I say "most" and not all. There's defense milestones you gotta reach by certain points. majority of characters generally sit in the teens to low 20's for their defense stats by late game, while enemies have upper 40s to upper 50's and can double by then. its why battalion skills like impregnable wall and blessing is so coveted for maddening.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
1 month ago#7
Hayas***akara posted...
yes, but you have to build specifically for it, it's why I say "most" and not all. There's defense milestones you gotta reach by certain points. majority of characters generally sit in the teens to low 20's for their defense stats by late game, while enemies have upper 40s to upper 50's and can double by then. its why battalion skills like impregnable wall and blessing is so coveted for maddening.
True that.

Byleth and Leonie were the only ones that had over 30 base def. Claude/Hilda/Ingrid/Petra were lucky enough to reach about 23 or so def. Everyone else barely reached 20.

But I made religious use of Impregnable Wall throughout the run. I used Blessing for one turn clearing GD chapter 20 too.
Best Three Houses girls: Marianne, Annette, Mercedes, Petra and Hilda
Bernadetta is currently noscoping the hell out of GD Maddening. 420 blaze it Bernie!

User Info: 1010101010

1 month ago#8
hman1313 posted...
the game would be much more difficult - and at a good balance - if they just got rid of the yellow lines indicating who will be attacked. keep the purple "enemy range" but get rid of the lines
The lines are an anti frustration and convenience feature. They perform the same purpose if you were analyse every enemy's attack range but they just let you see that information way faster.

User Info: AlexGamer

AlexGamer
1 month ago#9
The only reason I haven't done normal maddening is because I don't want the glorious green menu screen to be replaced by that repulsive golden shower theme
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb"

User Info: sonicnewboy

sonicnewboy
1 month ago#10
1010101010 posted...
The lines are an anti frustration and convenience feature. They perform the same purpose if you were analyse every enemy's attack range but they just let you see that information way faster.
Yess, agreed. I hope they keep them because if makes the game less tedious.
FC: 2449-4776-5871 (New Boy)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm scared of doing Maddening without New Game+...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A