• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Most units hit S Rank in a weapon rank before the end of the game

User Info: New_Gen_Zero_2

New_Gen_Zero_2
1 month ago#1
Do they - Results (97 votes)
Confirm
53.61% (52 votes)
Deny
46.39% (45 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
1 month ago#2
If the player is competent, yes.
FC: 3239 - 6867 - 7639

User Info: Beans345

Beans345
1 month ago#3
Only if you refrain from auto-instruction.
Some people can listen to others. Some people can't. I'm not interested in people who can't.

User Info: Enryx25

Enryx25
1 month ago#4
S yes, S+ no.
NO.

User Info: borderinq

borderinq
1 month ago#5
This depends on how many you're raising. If you're doing the standard 12 + 3 adjutants then yes, most will hit S and many will hit S+.

I'm just finishing a Maddening NG run with 13 + 3 and 8/13 hit S+ in their preferred weapon. Tbh I wasn't even very meticulous about it either (i.e. I was very sloppy about optimizing knowledge gem use, and I only extremely rarely purposefully did any wexp grinding, and I changed my mind on a couple of units' paths, etc, etc). If you were very meticulous about it, it would be no trouble to have a full compliment of S+ ranks by endgame.

User Info: DA125

DA125
1 month ago#6
Right... I think it goes without saying, but it depends on the character and how you train that character. Using my first playthrough as an example, I was able to get Dimitri, Dedue, and Felix to S rank lances, axes, and swords, respectively, by the time I started Chapter 21. Granted, with those characters, I largely focused on their primary weapon and maybe another skill to complement (e.g: Dimitri's authority or Dedue's heavy armor) and the listed characters saw a lot of combat. Conversely, characters like Ingrid and Sylvain largely failed to hit S rank in their primary weapon type because I was juggling between three or four different ranks (though, it should be noted that Ingrid did hit S flying), while characters like Annette and Mercedes didn't hit S either because I couldn't really expose them to much combat due to their fragility.

That said, unless you're really meticulous about doing so, getting a character to S+ on a NG file is prohibitively difficult, since that would require being laser focused on that weapon type and having a knowledge gem glued to that unit. While I did get Felix and Dimitri to S+ by the time I started the Chapter 21 mission on my second run, I was only really able to do so because I used renown to start them off at B rank swords/lances at the start of the run, giving them a head start they would never have in a NG run.

TL;DR: Hitting S rank on a weapon is doable in a NG file if the character engages in a lot of combat and is largely laser focused in that weapon, but is much harder if you're trying to juggle between multiple weapons or the character's ability to face multiple combats is shaky.

Have a nice day.
One guy? No continues? What were they thinking?
-AVGN

User Info: nightshadengale

nightshadengale
1 month ago#7
Does this include in CF, or just the longer routes?

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#8
1nternationa7 posted...
If the player is competent, yes.
What does competence have to do with anything, the reward for S ranking most physical weapon types is poor unless you're specifically going for crit builds.

@1nternationa7
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
1 month ago#9
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
What does competence have to do with anything, the reward for S ranking most physical weapon types is poor unless you're specifically going for crit builds.

@1nternationa7

Well, crit builds are the main point especially in Maddening mode. What else would be worth investing in?

Besides S+ faire abilities are also great on characters with low base damage.
FC: 3239 - 6867 - 7639

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#10
1nternationa7 posted...
Well, crit builds are the main point especially in Maddening mode. What else would be worth investing in?

Besides S+ faire abilities are also great on characters with low base damage.
You can get reliable orkos without crit builds.

Getting S+ on NG requires immense focus.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Most units hit S Rank in a weapon rank before the end of the game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A