• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Going for a pretty meme run (Blue Lions)

User Info: End_of_Day

End_of_Day
1 month ago#1
I want to do my second route with the Blue Lions, with the following characters going grappler:
Byleth
Dimitri
Dedue
Felix
recruiting Caspar and Raphael to go grappler as well.
On top of that, I want to try having all the females end in Fortress Knight.
I suppose I'll keep Ashe as a Sniper, and Sylvain a mage.

Can i do this on Classic/Hard?

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#2
Make Dedeu a bishop, if you don't you're not memeing
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: borderinq

borderinq
1 month ago#3
You'll be fine on Hard Classic. I did dumber things on Maddening Classic (NG+ though) and it was zero problem. Have fun!

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
1 month ago#4
You can do it on Maddening.
... with some effort (grinding/stat boosters) at least.
A maxed Def Flayn FK with Aegis Shields can nullify almost everything shy of bosses and maybe some endgame warriors. If you find the time, to make it even more OP, grind Gauntlets and switch between Bolt Axe and Aura Knuckles. It's really funny.
And Flayn and Lysithea have the lowest max Def, so all the others should probably completely nullify everything. I suggesting buying the final statue upgrade that raises Def/Res for these builds though or you'll be shy a few points.

On Hard... Even Great Knight Flayn barely ever got touched for me.

And gauntlets done right destroy anything to begin with. On just about any character.
The official most complete FE3H Paralogue Reward and Timeframe List: http://bit.ly/FE3HPara
IGN (Shield): Phoebe, SW: 5072-2132-4646

End_of_Day
1 month ago#5
Oh okay, sweet. All good to hear! This is my first FE game, not counting Heroes, so I'm not familiar with the difficulty curve. Thanks all for your input!

^_^

User Info: Other_Self

Other_Self
1 month ago#6
Hayas***akara posted...
Raph too
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Minaru44
1 month ago#7
What you want to do with Flayn (and most of other mages turned FK) is taking advantage of the boosts first.
For Flayn as an example after you get her
  • Tutor Armor to E+/D, next battle grind out Axes
  • Cert to Armored Knight and spend a map grinding out Armor Rank to B (and Axe while you are at it because you want those Axe Prowess for the hit on Mad)
  • Go back to Priest and continue to Level 20 (healers have an easier time gaining levels in Mad) but spend some time levelling Reason to get into Mage and grab Fiendish Blow for later, focus solely on your Mag, Res and Cha, some Dex can't hurt, all else is secondary since she won't ever normally reach FK levels in Def and HP (and HP becomes redundant once you can nullify nearly everything) and as such any stat points gained during these levels are wasted
  • After getting the FK stat boost you can start focusing on your Defense values or just dump your stat boosters on her (but if you want to do multiple characters, you probably don't)
  • The end result a walking wall that can actually withstand most "normal" mages because she has the Res growth to go along with it.
  • Skill wise I currently have her with Axe Prowess, Hit+20, Fiendish Blow, Renewal and Fistfaire. The last two are interchangeable. Renewal is just a safety net, you could also use Pavise (her Dex growth isn't too bad) for the few cases but Renewal will heal you back up anyway and isn't RNG-dependant. Fistfaire is extreme but there is also not much else you really need. Axefaire is fine too if you don't want to grind gauntlets all the way (or at all). You can probably drop one Hit skill on Hard... If you have both Axes and Gauntlets, drop Axe Prowess as Hit+20 affects both.
The official most complete FE3H Paralogue Reward and Timeframe List: http://bit.ly/FE3HPara
IGN (Shield): Phoebe, SW: 5072-2132-4646

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
1 month ago#8
Hayas***akara posted...
Can confirm. I made him a Bishop then made him a Renewal Quick Riposte Bolt Axe+ Great Knight.

Dedue dishing out magical damage through to the final battle. Sent him alone on the right on Enbarr

End_of_Day
1 month ago#9
Oh man, how would one go about grinding armor and axe before switching to priest? Is that the thing with the rusted weapon? I'm not terribly familiar with how to do that in only one map.

Minaru44
1 month ago#10
It kinda depends on the difficulty you are playing.
There are also several approaches. A bulky unit can lure a bunch of enemies into a large forest area and use Broken/Rusted weapons. Less bulkier units want to abuse an isolated (surrounded) enemy that can't hit back. On Hard you can lure and encircle an archer. But on Mad these are hard to approach because of Poison Strike etc. Can still be done. But there are better options, especially for (initially) low-Strength units like Flayn. The Priest line in Mad has Renewal. I think you get the idea. Run them dry of their spells (though Flayn should be able to tank them almost right away I think) and then just keep hacking away.

An even faster method is using the first and putting the unit whose skill levels you want to level on them as an Adjutant (preferable with a Knowledge Gem but you'd have to wait a chapter at least to get started with Flayn to get one). With 4-5 actions (4 from enemies, a fifth from you) it goes incredibly fast. Lys can burn through her boons very fast like this for example. Once you have it set up and everything else on the map cleared, you can just skip through turns until you hit your desired skill level (though no point in not pushing it all the way to the last turn if you are already at it).
IGN: Phoebe, SW: 5072-2132-4646 (random reqs pls pm with reason)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Going for a pretty meme run (Blue Lions)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A