• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Speed_Urgot

Speed_Urgot
1 week ago#1
Are there any cases it is particularly useful to do this? What I mean is certifying someone to boost their stats asap, regardless of whether you want to play as that class or not.

User Info: Tables

Tables
1 week ago#2
Any time you're doing a triple intermediate class into master class build, you still want to certify an advanced class ASAP for a small stat bonus if you'd get one.

Some people like to get a few mages to C axe, D armour (or high enough to pass the exam at least) and certify for Armour Knight for a defence boost. Not worth it IMO but it's an option.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.

User Info: 1000cris

1000cris
1 week ago#3
armor knight is fairly easy to get to, if ur gonna get C armor for weight-3 might as well put a few points into axe until u pass.

User Info: DA125

DA125
1 week ago#4
There were only two instances where I deliberately certified into a class to gain stats, both in my second Azure Moon run of the game:

- Certing Ingrid into swordmaster to set her str to 17 (her str before the exam was 14, I didn't have the axe rank for wyvern rider, and I wanted to keep her in a flying class).
- Certing Byleth into bishop to set his magic to above 15 (I wanted stronger heals + levin sword uses out of him, and I wanted to guarantee I could recruit Lysithea on that run (granted, I already had a C+ with her, so the extra mag was unnecessary, but still.))

While Ashe also got an increase to str from certification into assassin (I was putting him through thief->assassin for higher speed in the redo), it doesn't really count since I wasn't certing him into that class purely for stats. Ashe's str is just that awful.

Have a nice day.
One guy? No continues? What were they thinking?
-AVGN

User Info: Jeb4

Jeb4
1 week ago#5
1000cris posted...
armor knight is fairly easy to get to, if ur gonna get C armor for weight-3 might as well put a few points into axe until u pass.
Not to mention certifying into armor knight also helps bumping up low strength on mages
pokeman moon fc: 2638-1012-2714 (ign: Lesbian)

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 week ago#6
Honestly, classing into any physical advanced class will give any caster a fat increase to their base Strength.

If they have less than 10 Str by level 20 (which is entirely possible), boosting it to 17 will effectively reduce tome weight by 2.

Likewise, putting any physical unit into an advanced caster class will instantly raise their Res to 15.

Oh yeah, and Thief will raise Spd to 11 at level 10, which is nice for super-slow units like Dedue and Raphael; the class only requires C swords, so it's pretty easy to get.
I actually like Rhea - It's her fanboys who I can't stand.
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
1 week ago#7
Doesn't armor knight have the same base DEF as all advanced classes except FK?

User Info: DA125

DA125
1 week ago#8
Dekadense posted...
Doesn't armor knight have the same base DEF as all advanced classes except FK?
It does. The point of certing into that class is to get that amount of def earlier.

Have a nice day.
One guy? No continues? What were they thinking?
-AVGN

User Info: Pewpewblaster97

Pewpewblaster97
1 week ago#9
If you got C Armor and B axes, it can worth rigging since certifing as a Fortress Knight raises your Defense to 17. So you can get 19 Defense as something like a Wyvern Rider without a single Defense level up.
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 week ago#10
If you're going for axes, AK is worth picking up for that early 12 defense, always.
Peony squad for life. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers