• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best way to recruit...

User Info: TaylorSwifted

TaylorSwifted
1 week ago#1
So I just started a game as Male byleth Golden Deer. Right out the gate the first day let’s you eat with students for lunch.

My goal is to recruit Mercedes for healing. Dorothea for range / magic. And Felix for attack.

Should I be focusing every lunch / activity with these characters outside of my house? Or should I be using my meals to focus on my own house?

Just want to know how to quickly get recruits. I know you have to level up byleth attributes that match with the recruit (such as Dorothea likes authority and charm). So does activities like meals or singing at choir not having anything to do with recruiting?

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
1 week ago#2
Nooo don't waste meals.
The fastest way for me is to raise their supports so the requirements lower to a minimum, Dorothea and Felix are easy enough because Byleth's default weapon is sword unless you decide not to go that path, and raising the authority stat is not that hard altogether
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: TaylorSwifted

TaylorSwifted
1 week ago#3
How do you raise their supports? Sorry if that’s a dumb question.

Also is you say don’t waste meals, I assume you mean I should be using meals for my own house then and not recruits.

So I assume the quickest way to recruit is to focus on the attributes that match with the recruit?
(message deleted)

User Info: Protian

Protian
1 week ago#5
It doesn't really kick in until chapter 5 on NG but you can start buying super cheap gifts every month and planting flowers (to get flowers for gifts) every explore week.

At that point in the game you can buy your way to B rank at about 1 student per month, probably 2 if you really want to spend a lot. After I get the recruits I want I still buy the cheap gifts as a way to cheaply raise motivation to my class so I can focus my points on raising byleth's skills. Even if you don't plan on using them you should clean out the merchants of all their 100 and 300g gifts every month. I would probably buy some 500g gifts if they're favorites for recruits that you actually plan to use. Particularly for casters as their stats get worse with every passing month that you wait to recruit them.

The other thing I use is adjutants to build support with recruits.

If you're trying to recruit someone by chapter 3 or 4 then you're going to have to use things like meals and choir.

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
1 week ago#6
If no new game plus, I’d recommend inviting them for mission assistance, then putting them next to Byleth whenever it attacks. Try to minimize the amount of fighting that unit does for the time bean tho, because that’s xp down the drain

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
1 week ago#7
I insist on keeping meals for your class to keep them motivated. Usually, I raise support by relying in the flowers I get from the gardening house and asking for their assistance in missions. As long as you take them to battle, the support will rise when the unit you want to recruit kills/harms an enemy. I also rely a LOT in the lost item mechanic but maybe roaming the monastery to find each of those is not very practical so maybe you could have a meal with the unit youre trying to recruit and a unit from your house who's motivation is low
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: HermelinHero

HermelinHero
1 week ago#8
Pretty much only motivate the max amount of students you can tutor at your current professor level then use the gifts/lost items to get B supports and then save/reset until they ask to join your house during the week

Also once you unlock adjutants chose whoever you want to recruit and set them as Byleths adjutant.

I've honestly found that Tea Time is really only good for raising Charm/ using if you have a spare activity point to burn

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 week ago#9
I'd skip out on Dorothea. Literally every mage you already have is better. Mercedes is a better healer, but having a dedicated healer isn't that important to begin with. Felix should be a natural recruit.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: borderinq

borderinq
1 week ago#10
Zeveria posted...
I'd skip out on Dorothea. Literally every mage you already have is better. Mercedes is a better healer, but having a dedicated healer isn't that important to begin with. Felix should be a natural recruit.

Dorothea has the best spell list in the whole game. Granted, her magic growth can be iffy but you can't sniff at physic, thoron and meteor.

OP, as the others have said it's best to buy and grow gifts to recurit students with. It's ok to share some meals with the ones you really want, but try to not overdo it since you want to have your current students motivated for training. Also take a look at this guide, since some students will be easy to recruit depending on which direction you want to go in with your Byleth:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/recruitment/
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Best way to recruit...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers