• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Ingrid is better as a Wyvern rather than a Pegasus Knight

User Info: NeoElfboy

NeoElfboy
1 month ago#41
Ingrid should definitely go Wyvern for Advanced (it helps a lot with her iffy strength/damage), which one is better for Master tier I'm less sure on.

Also put me down for Bow Knight being significantly better than Sniper. Hunter's Volley is nice, but +3 move, +3 speed, some minor other stats, Canto, and boosted range? That's a hard list to argue against. The advantage of Hunter's Volley is also significantly reduced by the presence of the Brave Bow and Inexhaustible.

Admittedly, my opinion is covered by the fact that I tend to complete maps reasonably quickly (not warpskipping, but quickly enough). Every time I've left someone in Sniper they feel mediocre at the end of the game; 5 move is just poor at that point unless you have Physic or a siege tome to stay relevant on turns you can't keep up.
The RPG Duelling League: www.rpgdl.com
An unparalleled source for RPG information and discussion

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
1 month ago#42
NeoElfboy posted...
Ingrid should definitely go Wyvern for Advanced (it helps a lot with her iffy strength/damage), which one is better for Master tier I'm less sure on.

Also put me down for Bow Knight being significantly better than Sniper. Hunter's Volley is nice, but +3 move, +3 speed, some minor other stats, Canto, and boosted range? That's a hard list to argue against. The advantage of Hunter's Volley is also significantly reduced by the presence of the Brave Bow and Inexhaustible.

Admittedly, my opinion is covered by the fact that I tend to complete maps reasonably quickly (not warpskipping, but quickly enough). Every time I've left someone in Sniper they feel mediocre at the end of the game; 5 move is just poor at that point unless you have Physic or a siege tome to stay relevant on turns you can't keep up.
Out of curiosity, but is this on Maddening?
FC: SW-1679-1809-0095

User Info: NeoElfboy

NeoElfboy
1 month ago#43
Yeah, Maddening NG.
The RPG Duelling League: www.rpgdl.com
An unparalleled source for RPG information and discussion

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
1 month ago#44
Pewpewblaster97 posted...
Thing is, a unit like Ingrid can easily hit over a 100 avoid without even needing a prowess skill.

When you have that much amount of avoid, having +8 avoid at best is only a marginal improvement and is not likely to affect her performance any unless one is overly cautious about low % hits.
She is fine against most enemies, but it is ones that can reach around 140 Hit that you have to worry about, and those are usually the same fast units that can double you. Every bit helps, and the extra AS she gets for going FK also reduces the chance of getting doubled.

I just personally think that the extra AS and Avo is more valuable than the extra 3 Mt. This argument would be more assured if Defiant Avo was actually a thing. Sadly, mastering a mastered class is too much work. lol
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: Toadmode

Toadmode
1 month ago#45
Ingrid has a lance boon, while is neutral in axes. If you want to reach double faire, it is much more realistic and efficient to do it through a boon stat.

Additionally you won't always have alert stance+. As such, every bit of avoid matters here.

Also from a breaker perspective, if your goal with Ingrid is to tank, you can't just pick and choose which enemies to tank. You have to tank all of them within range. Lancebreaker (For FK) enemies are pathetic, they use inaccurate axes anyways, making tanking them easy even against a breaker. Axebreaker (For WL) enemies use swords, have high hit and endanger you. Yeah you could switch to bow, and not hit any unit back while dropping 10 avoid (lol), but realistically that's almost a non option.

What you're doing when making Ingrid into a WL is making an inferior Seteth, Petra or Cyril, while Ingrid has an interesting niche as a FK. If you want Ingrid as a WL, just use Petra, she's a better WL.

User Info: Seirika

Seirika
1 month ago#46
Falcon Knight is better for Ingrid.

If you are asking if she should go Wyvern Rider, of course, it's higher tier class than Pegasus Knight and has better growth. But relying on being fast, she should wield lance rather than axe, FK will give her Lancefaire and not slowing her down.

High RES is very good niche for her too. I had a really high STR/SPD Petra with DEF and RES of tissue paper, so I do appreciate FK Ingrid going around killing mages and paladins (with Spear of Assal).

User Info: Pewpewblaster97

Pewpewblaster97
1 month ago#47
FelurFalas posted...
She is fine against most enemies, but it is ones that can reach around 140 Hit that you have to worry about, and those are usually the same fast units that can double you. Every bit helps, and the extra AS she gets for going FK also reduces the chance of getting doubled.
An average level 40 Falco Knight Ingrid has around ~38 Speed. Even if you've assumed she had 4 Cooked Bullheads, Rally Speed, Special Dance, a Speed Ring all applied on her and she wasn't being weighed down at all by her weapon, she'd still be doubled.

Assassins and Swordmasters are just simply too fast to avoid being doubled without consuming 10+ Speed Carrots. And even then they still need help.

As for Avoid, Assassins are they only unit that got that kind of Hit Rate, and only barely by the final chapter. Most enemies are going to be hovering around 120-130, which is much more easier to consistently avoid.
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Ingrid is better as a Wyvern rather than a Pegasus Knight
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A