• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Ingrid is better as a Wyvern rather than a Pegasus Knight

User Info: New_Gen_Zero_2

New_Gen_Zero_2
1 week ago#1
That true - Results (93 votes)
Confirm
38.71% (36 votes)
Deny
61.29% (57 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#2
Probably. But is it really worth the effort?
Top 10: TP > BotW > BD > BS: EL > DQIX > ALttP > FFXIII > HK > FE: PoR > DPP

User Info: EpicJourney

EpicJourney
1 week ago#3
Ingrid is one of the fastest characters in the game. Conversely, she doesn't have much in terms of strength. She works far better as a dodge tank FK than she does as a head buster WL.

User Info: Misha-Heart

Misha-Heart
1 week ago#4
I think just about every character is better as a Wyvern
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
"Life is long when you live it, but oh so short when you look back."

User Info: 1nternationa7

1nternationa7
1 week ago#5
Given the abundance of sword enemies, you’d get much more mileage out of FK than WL.
FC: 3239 - 6867 - 7639

User Info: Shire_Bound

Shire_Bound
1 week ago#6
I disagree.

Wyvern Ingrid isn't bad, but other characters with better strength growths do that job much better. Making her a pegasus knight gives her a much more unique role on your team.

I always put her about mid-tier whenever I make her a wyvern and top tier/irreplaceable/go-to unit when I make her a pegasus knight.
All hail King Dimitri.

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
1 week ago#7
“Ingrid is better as a Wyvern than a Pegasus Knight”

Yes.

’Ingrid is better as a Wyvern than a Falcon Knight’

Now that’s a different question. And I would say no. Too many advantages to going Falcon.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 week ago#8
Shire_Bound posted...
I disagree.

Wyvern Ingrid isn't bad, but other characters with better strength growths do that job much better. Making her a pegasus knight gives her a much more unique role on your team.

I always put her about mid-tier whenever I make her a wyvern and top tier/irreplaceable/go-to unit when I make her a pegasus knight.
This. She's just never going to stand out as a Wlord (her big thing is speed but Petra's faster than her, and Leonie, Sylvain, and Ferdinand have ways to bypass speed), and she's one of the fastest units in the game alongside herself, Petra, Manuela, and Leonie, and she has the best aptitudes for getting into Falco. Better to just use her as a dodge tank.

It really makes me miss Strong Riposte from Fates, it'd go nicely on her.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: Toadmode

Toadmode
1 week ago#9
At a glance, Wyvern Lord seems better. You get 4 strength, 4 speed and 3 def, while Falcon Knight only has 1 str, 5 speed and no def boost.

However you only have the attack advantage if you're going axes on Ingrid. If you're using lances, Falcon Knight has Lancefaire, effectively giving her 2 more damage than a WL using lances.

The defense boost from WL isn't appealing because your goal with Ingrid is to dodge hits, not to soak them. Moreover, lance prowess gives more avoid than axe prowess, meaning if your goal with ingrid is to dodge, she should probably be using lances, or even swords (ehhh).

Realistically you want the 18 base strength from classing into Wyvern Rider on Ingrid at 20, however she should class into a falcon knight at 30.

User Info: Taiphlosion

Taiphlosion
1 week ago#10
She's stronger as a Falcon Knight using Lances than as a Wyvern Lord.
She kills anything on Hard anyway, but even on maddening i prefer her as a falcon, since she then can double more stuff reliably.
Proud member of the Shadow Dragon defense force.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Ingrid is better as a Wyvern rather than a Pegasus Knight
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers