• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you could budget 5,000 renown per character on NG+ Maddening...

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 month ago#1
...What would your ideal team be?

Shamir is a no-brainer, since she only needs 2,000 to bolo the Death Knight on every pre-timeskip encounter (1,000 for C Authority, 500 for Hit+20, 500 for Hunter's Volley)

That leaves you with 3,000 - 1,500 can go to S+ Bows, and 500 to Death Blow... and I'm honestly not sure what you would do with the extra 1,000 lol.
I guess dump it in B Authority so someone else can use King of Lions?

That leaves another 9 to 10 character slots.

As an aside, if you could budget 5k renown for Byleth, what would you prioritize spending it on?
I actually like Rhea - It's her fanboys who I can't stand.
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Other_Self

Other_Self
1 month ago#2
Get Byleth c flying, give all the squishie mages c axe and d armor so they can reclass and boost their defense to base 12, and then just boost everyones authority so they can use stronger gambits.

Also you dont need Shamir for DK. Even my fresh NG level 7 Lysithea was able to make short work of him on Maddening.
DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Chefcook90
1 month ago#3
Other_Self posted...
Also you dont need Shamir for DK. Even my fresh NG level 7 Lysithea was able to make short work of him on Maddening.
...I'm gonna need to see a screenshot, because I really don't see Lysithea being able to pull this off:

https://twitter.com/Chefcook90x/status/1214819544763469825/photo/1
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Tluhdatsi

Tluhdatsi
1 month ago#4
I just finished a Golden Deer run that I started by recruiting Ingrid for my Dancer.

1200 Renown to buy her support back up to A, then 3500 to buy her Flight skill back up to A+ and get her Alert Stance+ right off the bat.

Alert Stance+ was not quite as useful in the early game as I'd expected, but once I'd made Ingrid a Dancer and she gained Sword Avo +20, she really started to grow into an amazing dodge tank.

My typical tactic was to move her out in front, and Wait, to lure in a bunch of enemies who'd miss her, and then I'd move my heavy hitters in to mop up. I'd then have Ingrid dance for one of those heavy hitters to give him/her an extra turn, if needed.

It worked really well! I think Ingrid is the best Dancer you can have on NG+.
With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue, dissolving the nerves has just begun.
Listening to Lionel, All Night Long, (all night), yeeeah, (all night)...

Chefcook90
1 month ago#5
Tluhdatsi posted...
It worked really well! I think Ingrid is the best Dancer you can have on NG+.
lol you're probably right.

Ingrid can't really kill things on Maddening anyways, so if you're going to use her as a dedicated lure, you may as well make her your Dancer for the sake of efficiency 😆

Other_Self
1 month ago#6
Chefcook90 posted...
...I'm gonna need to see a screenshot, because I really don't see Lysithea being able to pull this off:

https://twitter.com/Chefcook90x/status/1214819544763469825/photo/1
Just bum rush B reason asap for Dark Spikes.

As for the actual strategy on ch. 4, I had Lysithea and Claude take out the Archer/Priest on the left, Leonie and Byleth took out the guy on the right (leaving Byleth in range of DK because he moves in maddening), and Marianne traded with Byleth to take his weapons off so he wouldn't get doubled. Just have to have him not get crit or doubled. Next turn my Byleth trades back his gear, used a gambit to deal a little damage, and Lysithea finishes him off doing 40+ damage with Dark Spikes. With him gone the chapter was a breeze.

That said I've totally been favoring Claude, Hilda, Lysithea, Marianne, and Leonie for every tutor session.

Chefcook90
1 month ago#7
Other_Self posted...
Just bum rush B reason asap for Dark Spikes.

As for the actual strategy on ch. 4, I had Lysithea and Claude take out the Archer/Priest on the left, Leonie and Byleth took out the guy on the right (leaving Byleth in range of DK because he moves in maddening), and Marianne traded with Byleth to take his weapons off so he wouldn't get doubled. Just have to have him not get crit or doubled. Next turn my Byleth trades back his gear, used a gambit to deal a little damage, and Lysithea finishes him off doing 40+ damage with Dark Spikes. With him gone the chapter was a breeze.

That said I've totally been favoring Claude, Hilda, Lysithea, Marianne, and Leonie for every tutor session.
Ah ok, that makes more since - I thought you meant you were able to OHKO him on Maddening with Dark Spikes without weakening him first, and I was like, "wut." 😆

Also on Chapter 4, DK still doesn't move as long as you don't enter his attack range - the only difference is that his attack range now encompasses his full movement range because he's no longer totally stationary - you can still go around him by sticking to the sides of the map :B

I was able to cheese it using Byleth solo, with an un-armed level 1 Edelgard cowering in the corner 🤣

Other_Self
1 month ago#8
Chefcook90 posted...
Ah ok, that makes more since - I thought you meant you were able to OHKO him on Maddening with Dark Spikes without weakening him first, and I was like, "wut." 😆
I was only like 6 or so damage off from OHKOing him, and this was also fresh NG so if I had better battalions I could have OHKO'd him for sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. If you could budget 5,000 renown per character on NG+ Maddening...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A