• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Any map designed worst then the reunion chapter in this game?

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#11
The map's more a problem because it can stonewall you pretty badly if you don't prepare for it ahead of time since you have no prep options. That's not a map design problem, though.

In terms of pure design, Miklan's map. It's f***ing huge and tedious and that bizarre thing where triggered units moving past untriggered units triggers them too makes the danger area of the archers in the center a no-go zone. Also, Gilbert causes you more trouble than he helps.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 month ago#12
DA125 posted...
Actually, it is possible to keep Marianne safe in that map by directing her to the 3x3 fort on the north side of the map. The monsters on that side of the map don't move unless you get within a certain distance of them (or put a unit other than Marianne within close proximity of the boss), so it is possible to have her shimmy northeast towards said fort. Once inside the fort, as long as she stands in the middle, the monsters will not be able to attack her.
Holy s***.
I never thought of that!

Thanks for the tip - I'm definitely going to do that on my Church-only SS maddening run :3

(yes, I plan on recruiting everyone so I can do their paralogues using Church units, even though that means having to babysit horrendously under-leveled students on maddening)
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Pinkbirdo

Pinkbirdo
1 month ago#13
DA125 posted...
Actually, it is possible to keep Marianne safe in that map by directing her to the 3x3 fort on the north side of the map. The monsters on that side of the map don't move unless you get within a certain distance of them (or put a unit other than Marianne within close proximity of the boss), so it is possible to have her shimmy northeast towards said fort. Once inside the fort, as long as she stands in the middle, the monsters will not be able to attack her.

While I'm aware there are snipers and dark mages on that map as well, those enemies don't start anywhere near that fort, and furthermore, will not move unless you put a unit near them or you aggro the boss (by which point, you can get to work killing the boss, which I found surprisingly easy to deal with despite having four health bars, thanks to the player having access to gambits that can hit a very wide area (e.g: wave attack or line of lances).)

Have a nice day.
She won’t get attacked if you don’t move her at all. You can clear the bottom area and move her down there when it’s safe.
Lillipup is the cutest Pokemon of all time.

User Info: Fresita

Fresita
1 month ago#14
have you played crimson flower? yeah, the fire map
Sorry for bad english , I try my best

User Info: ghosta2

ghosta2
1 month ago#15
Red canyon on maddening. it's literally just camp on bridge for 30 turns and then camp on the other bridge for another 10 turns and then everyone dogpile kostas.

black tower on maddening. gilbert is absolutely useless. he either dies to the first set of ambush spawns or he runs in range of the archers on the second level. which wakes up all enemies on the stage and then they all charge you at once.

Hilda's paralogue on maddening because you lose on turn 1 if you don't have enough movement to pull the enemies off the green units.
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Any map designed worst then the reunion chapter in this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A