• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Any map designed worst then the reunion chapter in this game?

User Info: AzureFEF

AzureFEF
1 month ago#1
topic
#1 Caspar fan on gamefaqs

User Info: GenericAccount

GenericAccount
1 month ago#2
Revelations snow shoveling

AzureFEF
1 month ago#3
GenericAccount posted...
Revelations snow shoveling
“In this game” not fates. But yes, fates revelations has horrible maps

User Info: Jeb4

Jeb4
1 month ago#4
What are you talking about that was one of the better maps in this game. The map isn't symmetrical, it has a variety of terrain, walls, bridges, chokepoints, etc. Even the objective is slightly different. It has everything a strategy gamer would want in a map.
pokeman moon fc: 2638-1012-2714 (ign: Lesbian)

User Info: ChikNbak

ChikNbak
1 month ago#5
Jeb4 posted...
What are you talking about that was one of the better maps in this game. The map isn't symmetrical, it has a variety of terrain, walls, bridges, chokepoints, etc. Even the objective is slightly different. It has everything a strategy gamer would want in a map.
Probably why fumbles here hates it.

AzureFEF
1 month ago#6
I dislike it because of the balance, like who spawns where and how they never thought that some may bench their house. The only time I had fun with it was church because Petra spawns alone so more crits for her!

User Info: GenericAccount

GenericAccount
1 month ago#7
AzureFEF posted...
“In this game” not fates. But yes, fates revelations has horrible maps
I apparently misread your question. The map can be pretty hit or miss depending on what house you're playing. The desert map I see for auxillary battles is pretty lame.

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 month ago#8
Ah, you mean maps that will kick your ass if you don't play the game the way it wants you to!

Nah, that's really the only one aside from the paralogues, and even then it's really only Marianne's paralogue, since she spawns surrounded by Demonic Beasts and there isn't anywhere safe for her to stand.
If she has Alert Stance and an Evasion ring, she can reliably stay alive by Waiting in one of the 40% evade thickets, but otherwise it's basically a toss-up whether or not you can kill the boss before something kills her lol

(I don't know about the Maddening version of Caspar and Mercedes' paralogue, but on Hard there is actually a safe place for them to stand where the reinforcements that spawn at the top of the map will ignore them)

GenericAccount posted...
I apparently misread your question. The map can be pretty hit or miss depending on what house you're playing. The desert map I see for auxillary battles is pretty lame.
The paralogue that map is based on is actually pretty badass - you get to fight giant sand worms!

You haven't lived until you've seen Felix uppercut a giant sand worm so hard that its whole body goes flying out of the ground!
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: DA125

DA125
1 month ago#9
Chefcook90 posted...
Nah, that's really the only one aside from the paralogues, and even then it's really only Marianne's paralogue, since she spawns surrounded by Demonic Beasts and there isn't anywhere safe for her to stand.
Actually, it is possible to keep Marianne safe in that map by directing her to the 3x3 fort on the north side of the map. The monsters on that side of the map don't move unless you get within a certain distance of them (or put a unit other than Marianne within close proximity of the boss), so it is possible to have her shimmy northeast towards said fort. Once inside the fort, as long as she stands in the middle, the monsters will not be able to attack her.

While I'm aware there are snipers and dark mages on that map as well, those enemies don't start anywhere near that fort, and furthermore, will not move unless you put a unit near them or you aggro the boss (by which point, you can get to work killing the boss, which I found surprisingly easy to deal with despite having four health bars, thanks to the player having access to gambits that can hit a very wide area (e.g: wave attack or line of lances).)

Have a nice day.
One guy? No continues? What were they thinking?
-AVGN

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
1 month ago#10
In terms of game balance, that map is atrocious. The map itself isn’t bad. But Chapter 13 is just dumb.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Any map designed worst then the reunion chapter in this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A