• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Silver Snow NG+ Maddening Unit/Class advice

User Info: Lurkerkiller

Lurkerkiller
1 month ago#11
GraphG posted...
Thanks Linhardt will stay get to Bishop and stop. Will focus on S ranking faith, upping reason and authority.

Don't S rank faith. It is the most worthless S rank in the game. Once you get him A in faith, swap goals to whatever you want.

User Info: ArcanistFlapper

ArcanistFlapper
1 month ago#12
GraphG posted...
What are the opinions on Sylvain vs. Ingrid?
I personally prefer Ingrid. Her overall stats are better than Sylvain, and she can always just grab Death Blow to help fix her main issues in damage output. She’s also one of the best, if not the best anti-mage playable unit in the game.
Sylvain is more versatile, but doesn’t perform nearly as good as a specialized unit

User Info: Alanna82

Alanna82
1 month ago#13
Ingrid has no strength.

Sylvain has swift strikes, a double attack. Ferdinand has it too. But two swift strike users are better than one. Ingrid can dodge, but dodging doesn't kill things, she is only a lure. But you can have Ferdinand do that too since his personal increases dodge rate.

Make Ferdie be dancer, use Sylvain. IMHO.
Don't mess with a Bunny!

User Info: GraphG

GraphG
1 month ago#14
Lurkerkiller posted...
Don't S rank faith. It is the most worthless S rank in the game. Once you get him A in faith, swap goals to whatever you want.
What else is worth investing time in for a bishop?
I love GC especially PSO
"HUnewearls are crab infested whores." - Fossil

User Info: GraphG

GraphG
1 month ago#15
Alanna82 posted...
Ingrid has no strength.

Sylvain has swift strikes, a double attack. Ferdinand has it too. But two swift strike users are better than one. Ingrid can dodge, but dodging doesn't kill things, she is only a lure. But you can have Ferdinand do that too since his personal increases dodge rate.

Make Ferdie be dancer, use Sylvain. IMHO.
If Ferdinand is dancing, it seems unlikely that he will be used as a lure.
I currently struggle with luring in CF maddening. No one can Dodge and tank Ferdinand can only take so many hits.
I love GC especially PSO
"HUnewearls are crab infested whores." - Fossil

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
1 month ago#16
People will be split on Sylvain v Ingrid.

I like Falcon Knight as a lure which I don't think is the most popular choice, but my last maddening playthrough it would lure down entire maps without being touched. Fly into a crowd to a tile with avoid, dismount, alert stance +, and watch while enemies flail away at your 140 avoid unit.

Everyone will talk about Ferdinand's personal but falcon knight trades 5 avoid for the benefit of the ability never turning off.
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: TalkNoJutsu

TalkNoJutsu
1 month ago#17
The_Juice_ posted...
People will be split on Sylvain v Ingrid.

I like Falcon Knight as a lure which I don't think is the most popular choice, but my last maddening playthrough it would lure down entire maps without being touched. Fly into a crowd to a tile with avoid, dismount, alert stance +, and watch while enemies flail away at your 140 avoid unit.

Everyone will talk about Ferdinand's personal but falcon knight trades 5 avoid for the benefit of the ability never turning off.
Ferdinand can go for Wyvern Lord for +10 Avoid class ability.
All about them 90's JRPGs and anime, Fam! Chrono Trigger for GOAT

User Info: D412kKn16h7

D412kKn16h7
1 month ago#18
Ingrid can bait and kill mages, something which not many units want to do. She's especially great against siege tome mages. Sylvain/Ferdinand can do something similar but they're slower and have less resistance so they don't always kill on retaliation and take more damage if they get hit.

You also get Seteth for free which is statistically similar to both Ferdie and Sylvain at that point while being close to unlocking Swift Strikes. He's just missing deathblow sadly.
FC: 1977-1447-4925

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
1 month ago#19
TalkNoJutsu posted...
Ferdinand can go for Wyvern Lord for +10 Avoid class ability.

No clue why I forgot it had that.
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: MisterTellius

MisterTellius
1 month ago#20
Even if Linhardt is going to ultimately end up being a Bishop, it can still be worth mastering the Mage class beforehand for Fiendish Blow. As useful as healing is, he won't need to heal or Warp literally every single turn. His magic stat is good, so he can definitely help chip down an enemy for someone else to kill, maybe even with 3 range if you wanna give him the Caduceus Staff.

His spells are nothing that special besides Excalibur, but something of note to his spells is that they're all very accurate. Wind and Excalibur have 100 Hit, which is a godsend on Maddening. So in other words he can make for a very reliable backup-mage even in the faith-based classes. His accuracy is also good for starting out a player phase and setting up linked attacks.

I also have to recommend this anytime someone ever mentions the Black Eagles: Rush A rank in Reason for Dorothea. She learns Meteor at A rank. Meteor is godly not just for the range, but for providing a potential linked-attack and gambit boost against all enemies in that range.You don't even have to use it, you can just equip it at the beginning of the turn. Making her a Gremory will be perfect for the two uses as well. In the meantime, Thoron can do the same thing with its 3 range.

Ferdinand is perfect as a Wyvern Lord. It's a decently fast class which Ferdie wants to be, because his personal ability encourages dodge-tanking. This dodge-tanking also makes him the best avoid-tank dancer with Sword Prowess, Sword Avoid+ 20, and his personal skill and an +Avoid battalion (technically Dimitri's personal skills gives 5 more avoid mkaing him the better doge tank, but obv that's not an option and it'd be a waste of his combat stats).

Use Ferdinand early in your turn. He learns Shatter Slash at Lance rank C+ which lowers defense by 5. He learns swift strikes at Lance rank A, which gives him 2 attacks to potentially proc his crest and pseudo-tank even better since his Crest disables an enemy's counterattack if it procs on a combat art. He also learns Seal Speed from his armor budding talent which I like combining with shatter slash. It's perfect for especially tough generics like Peg knights and bosses, and bird and wolf monsters with the blessed lance.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Silver Snow NG+ Maddening Unit/Class advice
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers