• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Silver Snow NG+ Maddening Unit/Class advice

User Info: GraphG

GraphG
1 month ago#1
The last playthough I will do is a NG+ Maddening Silver Snow route. I was hoping to get some input on what characters to use and what classes they should go through. Below is what I am thinking of doing but welcome any thoughts or alternatives. Last unit will be Slyvain OR Ingrid, not both. I am not sure which one I should go with. I have seen people make Ingrid a dodge tank, but I do not know the setup for that.

i have made dancers, but never really used them. How helpful would a dedicated dancer be? Who is the best candidate for that?

Byleth (M) - Fighter > Myrmidon > Brigand > Mercenary > Swordmaster > Assassin > Wyvern Lord
Ferdinand - Fighter > Brigand > Cavalier > Paladin > Great Knight
Petra - Fighter > Brigand > Peg Knight > Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord > Falcon Knight
Dorthea - Monk > Mage > Priest > Bishop > Warlock > Gremory
Linhardt - Monk > Mage > Priest > Bishop > Holy Knight
Bernadetta - Fighter > Archer > Cavalier > Sniper > Bow Knight
Leonie - Myrmidon > Mercenary > Archer > Assassin > Sniper > Bow Knight
Felix - Myrmidon > Mercenary > Archer > Assassin > Bow Knight
Lysithea - Monk > Mage > Priest > Warlock > Dark Knight
Sylvain - Fighter > Brigand > Wyvern Rider > Warrior > Wyvern Lord
Ingrid - Solider > Brigand > Pegasus Knight > Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord > Falcon Knight
I love GC especially PSO
"HUnewearls are crab infested whores." - Fossil

User Info: 0Swordsman0

0Swordsman0
1 month ago#2
If its going to be your last playtrough why not wait for the 6 characters were getting with wave 4? Famitsu only mentioned 4 but the datamining is showing us getting 6. For some reason Black Eagles are getting 2 new students.
I add trolls to my ignore list.

GraphG
1 month ago#3
0Swordsman0 posted...
If its going to be your last playtrough why not wait for the 6 characters were getting with wave 4? Famitsu only mentioned 4 but the datamining is showing us getting 6. For some reason Black Eagles are getting 2 new students.
Not sure if that is paid DLC or not. I have no/will not have any paid DLC
I love GC especially PSO

User Info: Enryx25

Enryx25
1 month ago#4
GraphG posted...
Not sure if that is paid DLC or not. I have no/will not have any paid DLC
paid
NO.

User Info: ArcanistFlapper

ArcanistFlapper
1 month ago#5
Best Dancers are arguably Marianne and Ferdinand, as well as the speedsters (Petra, Leonie, Ingrid)
Dancers mostly want a combination between sword talent, support abilities/spells and high speed, and those characters can provide much to be useful in the class. Females also have an advantage having access to Pegasus Knight for the intermediate class to be useful units pre-Dancer and access to a good speed growth and Darting Blow, so a talent in flight is good, and in general having a talent in riding is also great due to Movement +1 so the Dancers can have 7 movement (but sadly no Canto). Definetly one of the best support classes in the game, and can provide monsters such as Lysithea and Felix a second action in a turn

User Info: EdeaCreamer

EdeaCreamer
1 month ago#6
Ferdie -> Wyvern Lord or Dancer
Linhardt -> stop at Bishop
Lysithea -> Gremory

Byleth, it depends entirely on what you want them doing. Ideally it's something that results in them being adjacent to their allies often, as that imparts bonuses from Professor's Guidance, the Sacred Power ability from their unique class, and the simple fact that they create Link Bonuses with literally everybody.
Fifth of cognac, add some triple-sec...

GraphG
1 month ago#7
EdeaCreamer posted...
Ferdie -> Wyvern Lord or Dancer
Linhardt -> stop at Bishop
Lysithea -> Gremory

Byleth, it depends entirely on what you want them doing. Ideally it's something that results in them being adjacent to their allies often, as that imparts bonuses from Professor's Guidance, the Sacred Power ability from their unique class, and the simple fact that they create Link Bonuses with literally everybody.
What path of classes do you recommend Ferdinand take to get to wyvern Lord? Won't this negatively impact his DEF?
What advantage does gremory Lysithea have over dark knight Lysithea?
Is the point of stopping linhardt at Bishop just to not invested skill in riding/Lance?
I love GC especially PSO

User Info: ArcanistFlapper

ArcanistFlapper
1 month ago#8
GraphG posted...
Is the point of stopping linhardt at Bishop just to not invested skill in riding/Lance?
Holy Knight’s only advantage over Bishop is movement/Canto, but in terms of skills it makes more sense for a healer to be a Bishop/Gremory, due to the fact that those classes allow for double the amount of healing spells, and Bishop has a bonus in healing output. Holy Knight has White Tomefaire, which is virtually useless on Linhardt since he learns no offensive Faith spells besides Nosferatu, and Terrain Resistance, which is only seldom useful. Dark Knight is better than Holy Knight in every aspect, and since HK fails to be a good support class, Bishop ends up being the better class for Linhardt as a healer

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
1 month ago#9
To second the last post, Linhardt is basically only going to be using warp and physic on maddening, so bishop is 100% the way to go with him since its terrible move won't matter.
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

GraphG
1 month ago#10
Thanks Linhardt will stay get to Bishop and stop. Will focus on S ranking faith, upping reason and authority.

What are the opinions on Sylvain vs. Ingrid?
I love GC especially PSO
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Silver Snow NG+ Maddening Unit/Class advice
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers