• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Characters/House wiped out

User Info: SpaceGhost84

SpaceGhost84
1 month ago#1
Hi guys, I just started playing FE:3H yesterday. I naturally chose classic mode at startup because I wanted a better challenge. I got a few calendar months into the game (3-4 hours) and made the mistake of taking my students into an optional battle in which our forces were split into two groups and separated by mountains. At the end of the battle I only had three characters remaining (Byleth, Head of Class and one additional).
So this wouldn’t be a huge deal if I could recruit new students to my house but apparently my level is insufficient to recruit new students at this time. So what am I supposed to do? I’ll probably lose one of my mains and have to restart without proper support! Why did they make it so hard to recruit early in the game? What would you do?

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#2
SpaceGhost84 posted...
What would you do?
I'd have restarted the map before I almost got my entire team wiped.

I'd have some sympathy, but since Jeralt and Sothis both make a big deal about how bad it'd be if one of the students got seriously injured I don't know what to say to you.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 month ago#3
Live with it lol
El, You steer the ship the best way you know. Sometimes it's smooth. Sometimes you hit the rocks. In the meantime, you find your pleasures where you can.

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 month ago#4
SpaceGhost84 posted...
What would you do?
Reset the map.
Or, if dedicated to continue the classic run, fight until I get an actual game over, take it for what it is and reset the run.
Marianne is best girl. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

SpaceGhost84
1 month ago#5
How do you reset the map? So there’s basically no way to recruit any new students at this point in the game?

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
1 month ago#6
SpaceGhost84 posted...
How do you reset the map?
You soft reset the game and load your save?

Are you new to video games or something?
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

SpaceGhost84
1 month ago#7
No just new to fire emblem. I only kept one save file and I think I already erased over any potential load point that would reverse it. So I guess I’m screwed

User Info: EdeaCreamer

EdeaCreamer
1 month ago#8
What would I do?

Restart with a fresh file and make damn sure I select Casual Mode this time.
Fifth of cognac, add some triple-sec...

User Info: McLahey

McLahey
1 month ago#9
SpaceGhost84 posted...
So this wouldn’t be a huge deal if I could recruit new students to my house but apparently my level is insufficient to recruit new students at this time.
Raise their support to B (certain characters cap at C pre-timeskip, I think Caspar, Ferdinand, and Leonie's is locked until Ch. 10 or so) by inviting them to meals/choir, buying them gifts, and giving them lost items:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/monastery/gifts-lost-items/

Then either wait for them to ask to join your house (they'll do it randomly during the week) or raise their preferred skills to usually around D or so and directly ask them to join.
"It's raining again."

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
1 month ago#10
Metal Gear Raxis posted...
I'd have restarted the map before I almost got my entire team wiped.

I'd have some sympathy, but since Jeralt and Sothis both make a big deal about how bad it'd be if one of the students got seriously injured I don't know what to say to you.

To be fair, other FE games are actually designed more with permdeath in mind, by constantly giving you more characters through out the game. 3H gives you very few characters and recruiting characters from other houses is a lot harder to do, making it a lot worse to let characters die than in past games.
ALttP is a great game.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Characters/House wiped out
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers