• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. This is how Edelgard treats her friends(Spoilers)

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
1 month ago#31
SparNar607 posted...
Edel did the world a favor lighting Bernie on fire.
BABY YOU LIGHT🔥 UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE😉
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 7690620242
Three Houses Waifus: Lysithea, Edelgard, Rhea, Sothis

User Info: unworthY_Avatar

unworthY_Avatar
1 month ago#32
several topics have been made of this before.

We know Eldgeuard is a complete s*** person
Guys.. I have no idea what is going on!!

User Info: Sundercles

Sundercles
1 month ago#33
DrGaster posted...
This is one of the reasons why I hate Azure Moon. You kill the most people in this route and all because Dimitri's an unhinged maniac that nobody wants to put a collar on. You can b**** and moan what a little s*** Edelgard is, but Crimson Flower gives us the waifu-fied version version of her who is still misled and fighting a stupid war, but is at least fighting for a set of ideals.

What are you fighting for in Azure Moon? Nothing. This isn't for liberating the kingdom or any of that crap. We're just following Dimitri on his blood crazed quest for vengeance because he's an idiot who thinks a small child is behind the Tragedy of Duscur.

The sensible thing to do in this path would be to accept the kingdom has fallen and join the Alliance. But Dimitri doesn't want any of that s***. He wants you to go kill the Alliance along with the Empire. And the Blue Lions follow through with this because they're morons. The player also follows through this because they're morons. The player also kills a small child because using DP to subdue her and save Rodrigue requires too much brain power.

I will say that Azure Moon is the best paced of the four paths, but it relies too much on the characters and player being stupid and suffers the most from bad writing. Let's not forget how the Alliance lords unanimously agree to give up all their land to a crippled kingdom led by a psychopath of a king.

Let's ignore the fact that you killed one of the lords children during the bridge battle. Or that you killed another one of their children who was trying to help you because Dimitri's a maniac. Or that you wounded a third lord's sister during that same battle. And for some reason, all the Alliance lords are all somehow aware that Dimitri has apparently redeemed himself. Now ramifications for any their children's deaths or how many allied soldiers Dimitri killed during this time.

Crimson Flower lets you spare or talk down multiple enemies, but in Azure Moon you're just senselessly killing allies and the entire world bends to accept this.
*high five*
Thanks for actually paying attention to the game and trying to look at it objectively.

Sometimes I wonder if the “eDelGarD iS a NaZi” people have brain damage. All of the leaders suck in some regard, but people give Edel too much s*** because the trolling focus was all on Edelgard when the game first launched and people hadn’t played most of the paths yet. All of the arguing got people too entrenched in their beliefs. One of the things I really liked about this game is how messy all of the paths and leaders could be, but I’m far too tired to discuss it with people that see these characters are strictly black or white.
Favorite series: Super Robot Wars, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Tales, Megami Tensei, FF (I-X), Suikoden, Lunar, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, SoulCal, and more!

User Info: Juliansol

Juliansol
1 month ago#34
DrGaster posted...
This is one of the reasons why I hate Azure Moon. You kill the most people in this route and all because Dimitri's an unhinged maniac that nobody wants to put a collar on. You can b**** and moan what a little s*** Edelgard is, but Crimson Flower gives us the waifu-fied version version of her who is still misled and fighting a stupid war, but is at least fighting for a set of ideals.

What are you fighting for in Azure Moon? Nothing. This isn't for liberating the kingdom or any of that crap. We're just following Dimitri on his blood crazed quest for vengeance because he's an idiot who thinks a small child is behind the Tragedy of Duscur.

The sensible thing to do in this path would be to accept the kingdom has fallen and join the Alliance. But Dimitri doesn't want any of that s***. He wants you to go kill the Alliance along with the Empire. And the Blue Lions follow through with this because they're morons. The player also follows through this because they're morons. The player also kills a small child because using DP to subdue her and save Rodrigue requires too much brain power.

I will say that Azure Moon is the best paced of the four paths, but it relies too much on the characters and player being stupid and suffers the most from bad writing. Let's not forget how the Alliance lords unanimously agree to give up all their land to a crippled kingdom led by a psychopath of a king.

Let's ignore the fact that you killed one of the lords children during the bridge battle. Or that you killed another one of their children who was trying to help you because Dimitri's a maniac. Or that you wounded a third lord's sister during that same battle. And for some reason, all the Alliance lords are all somehow aware that Dimitri has apparently redeemed himself. Now ramifications for any their children's deaths or how many allied soldiers Dimitri killed during this time.

Crimson Flower lets you spare or talk down multiple enemies, but in Azure Moon you're just senselessly killing allies and the entire world bends to accept this.
Bolded no that’s CF Edelgard. You can kill all the Blue Lions and the church. The spar excuse is baseless as you can spare Linhardt for example by just killing the Death Knight at fort Morteus. The Alliance joins because Claude set it up to sacrifice the whole Alliance to trap Arundel. Plus Lorenz dads faction is pro empire the people that just invaded them. Dimitri helped Claude kill him lol. Edelgard kills Judith and can kill Hilda with no one caring lol Even Nardel later. Other then the pro empire faction there’s just Claude’s and the churches left in the Alliance. If anything it makes less sense for the alliance to team up with Edelgard after as Byleth isn’t Rheas heir in that route. Edelgards motivation is just as delusional as Dimitris believing the church divided Fodlan with no prove because the pope crowd Loog. Or the fact the Alliance has no monarch. Plus she didn’t read the book that says abusing crests are against the churches laws. Or the one that says to practice close borders as neither the Kingdom or empire follows that. Then the Empire hasn’t even had the church in the empire since before she was born. The half of the kingdom that wasn’t the dukedom couldn’t get help from the Alliance to much either as Claude was neutral legally till Grondor.

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
1 month ago#35
unworthY_Avatar posted...
several topics have been made of this before.

We know Eldgeuard is a complete s*** person
Saint Edelgard😇
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 7690620242
Three Houses Waifus: Lysithea, Edelgard, Rhea, Sothis

User Info: IvoEska

IvoEska
1 month ago#36
DrGaster posted...

You don't actually have to kill a single GD member if you don't want to (minus Lorenz but he deserves it tbh). So, not really killing any allies at all.

The part in bold is the part that I completely agree with, and it is also the same reason that AM is my favourite route. You go through half of it thinking that you picked the wrong side and questioning your actions. I disagree that it is bad writing, it is a nice change of pace from the standard Hero's story where everything goes right for the player and protagonist. CF Edelgard becoming completely neutered after the timeskip with little to no explanation is much more jarring to me.

User Info: 031Exuberant

031Exuberant
1 month ago#37
I just love how I can't make a topic criticizing Edelgard without her fans jumping in and immediately talking s*** about Dimitri. This literally always happens lol, probably because they know there's absolutely nothing they can say to defend her actions. So they instead resort to making up lies about Dimitris character and his route to make him seem wayyy worse than he actually is. Rhea gets this same treatment from them too, I can guarantee someone is going to say something like "RHEA HATES EVERYONE WHO ISNT PART OF HER RELIGION!!!!" or something equally as nonsensical because these people either haven't played the game or are just lying to our faces.
Strong, independent, intellectually sound!!!

User Info: Shire_Bound

Shire_Bound
1 month ago#38
031Exuberant posted...
I just love how I can't make a topic criticizing Edelgard without her fans jumping in and immediately talking s*** about Dimitri. This literally always happens lol, probably because they know there's absolutely nothing they can say to defend her actions. So they instead resort to making up lies about Dimitris character and his route to make him seem wayyy worse than he actually is. Rhea gets this same treatment from them too, I can guarantee someone is going to say something like "RHEA HATES EVERYONE WHO ISNT PART OF HER RELIGION!!!!" or something equally as nonsensical because these people either haven't played the game or are just lying to our faces.

Yep. The "go-to" Edelgard defense is to attack Rhea/Dimitri/ sometimes even Claude or even turn against their own and blame Hubert. Even if all their attacks are 100% true (which they're usually greatly exaggerated), that doesn't make Edelgard any better.

Then they make up theories, treat them as cannon, and act like you don't have a brain for not accepting their fanfiction as cannon.
All hail King Dimitri.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 month ago#39
Shire_Bound posted...
or even turn against their own and blame Hubert

B-but...Hubert is the best part of the Black Eagles! I wanted to revel in being evil, and he's the closest thing to it!

Though I once saw someone try to excuse Hubert with "He's not evil! He's just pragmatic!" and I was like.....ehhhhhhhhh...

Then again, I've always loved classic Disney villains. I'll take "Poor Unfortunate Souls" over "Kiss The Girl" any day.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

User Info: ObeseCity

ObeseCity
1 month ago#40
Zeveria posted...
Felix: *dies*

Dimitri: Felix...

Ingrid: *dies*

Dimitri: Ingrid...

Mercedes: *dies*

Dimitri: Hmph. =/
Sylvain: *dies*

Dimitri: ...
"To be or not to be, that is the question"
-Albert Einstein, The Bible
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. This is how Edelgard treats her friends(Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers