• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. NG Maddening - Help Recruiting Catherine Chapter 4

User Info: Petphot

Petphot
1 month ago#1
So I'm planning a non-NG+ Maddening run (Blue Lions) and I want to recruit Catherine in chapter 4 so that she is as low level as possible. Since she is a Swordmaster and has the base stats of one, the lower level the better.

However recruiting Catherine requires a level 15 Byleth, and while that is possible (barely) it isn't really feasible and gimps all your other units.

I have heard that getting C rank support with Catherine drops the requirement to level 12. Which if true, is massive as that saves a TON of byleth kills and can let your other chars eat up some exp.

Is it possible to get Catherine in chapter 4 on a non-NG+ maddening run without gimping your other chars? Or is it just better to take the loss of free levels/stats on Catherine and recruit her for chapter 5?
Apparently OP for his entire argument does in fact put his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA" the entire thread. Fascinating.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 month ago#2
It's only 2 levels difference for cat, not a big deal, but getting to lv 12-15 on NG is pretty tough, since u have very limited resource.
El, You steer the ship the best way you know. Sometimes it's smooth. Sometimes you hit the rocks. In the meantime, you find your pleasures where you can.

User Info: darkknight39

darkknight39
1 month ago#3
isn't chapter 4 the one you get the SotC? is she even usable there? the knights of Seiros become unavailable for use in combat when the plot says they are busy (like trying to prevent an assassination like in this chapter).
"you cannot let yourself be held back by common sense " -Sanae Kochiya

superxgaga
1 month ago#4
darkknight39 posted...
isn't chapter 4 the one you get the SotC? is she even usable there? the knights of Seiros become unavailable for use in combat when the plot says they are busy (like trying to prevent an assassination like in this chapter).
U cant use her for story mission, but u can start building her if u get her first week, think that's what TC meant.
El, You steer the ship the best way you know. Sometimes it's smooth. Sometimes you hit the rocks. In the meantime, you find your pleasures where you can.

User Info: darkknight39

darkknight39
1 month ago#5
superxgaga posted...
U cant use her for story mission, but u can start building her if u get her first week, think that's what TC meant.
this is before paralouges get unlocked and due to the maddening exp nerf specially on the auxiliaries i will have to say it will be not worthy starving the party for exp just for a bit higher stats on Catherine.
"you cannot let yourself be held back by common sense " -Sanae Kochiya

superxgaga
1 month ago#6
darkknight39 posted...
this is before paralouges get unlocked and due to the maddening exp nerf specially on the auxiliaries i will have to say it will be not worthy starving the party for exp just for a bit higher stats on Catherine.
Yea even solo run I doubt byleth can hit lv 15 on NG at chapter 4

User Info: Pewpewblaster97

Pewpewblaster97
1 month ago#7
Unless you're planning on using nobody but Byleth, they're not going to be able to reach Level 12 by Chapter 4 or even by Chapter 5.

However, her B suppport unlocks in Chapter 5 which lowers her level requirement to 9. So if you want to recurit her, that'd be an ideal time to do so.
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth

User Info: Petphot

Petphot
1 month ago#8
Pewpewblaster97 posted...
Unless you're planning on using nobody but Byleth, they're not going to be able to reach Level 12 by Chapter 4 or even by Chapter 5.

However, her B suppport unlocks in Chapter 5 which lowers her level requirement to 9. So if you want to recurit her, that'd be an ideal time to do so.

Probably do that, I actually want to use Felix as a bow user (sorry ashe, 35% str growth aint enough) so I wanted a good fill in for the swordie position. Catherine's great growths and Thunderbrand will help a lot.
Apparently OP for his entire argument does in fact put his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA" the entire thread. Fascinating.

User Info: SephirothsFlame

SephirothsFlame
1 month ago#9
Byleth cant hit 15 on Maddening by the time Catherine can be recruited. I killed literally every single enemy with Byleth on Normal and JUST hit 15 by the end of Lonato's chapter. Level 12 is possible, as that's how I recruited Catherine in my Church only run but that also took every single unit being given to Byleth. It's not worth doing if you actually plan on using other people from your house.
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/heartlessseph

User Info: Pinco_Pallino

Pinco_Pallino
1 month ago#10
Well, it just so happens that i recently started a BL NG maddening, and i wanted to recruit Cath as soon as possible. And i indeed managed to recruit her on ch. 4.

There seems to be some wrong information around about this, but you don't need B support to recruit her with Byleth at lvl 9. In fact, you only need C+.
So be careful:
Support C -> level required: 12
Support C+ -> level required: 9
Support B -> level required: 6

You can check this on Serenes Forest, and as a matter of fact i did recruit Cath with a C+ support and lvl 9 Byleth on chapter 4, so i can assure you that part at least is accurate. Too bad you can't actually use her on that chapter to waste DK.

Btw, you can check if the support level is C+ by pressing X when you are inviting people for a meal.
Make a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. NG Maddening - Help Recruiting Catherine Chapter 4
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers