• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How would you buff the lower tier units?
Specifically Caspar and Gilbert since these two are pretty consistently labeled as the worst units in the game, I was wondering what steps should be taken to buff them so they aren't considered so bad.

I've heard about Gilbert's bases being bad but he seems to have similar stats to an equal Dedue on average (for the most part. Dedue has 2 points more in speed and defense). To be fair though, this isn't really a point for Gilbert rather than a point against Dedue. With his join time, I can't think of much changes to make to him to make him good rather than uber boosting his bases. Maybe increase his base authority to B so he can make use of the Duscur Heavy Knights? Not sure but D+ authority for when he's recruited isn't the best. His other ranks are pretty good though.

No idea what I would do to fix Caspar. His main issue is his bad start, so maybe raise his bases?
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/heartlessseph
Level 26, 61 hp, 26 str, 9 mag, 22 dex, 2 spd, 10 luck, 29 def, 7 res, 20 charm for the fact he joins half way through the game this is pretty poor compared to most assumed BL members would be around.
He has a b+ in axe and lance so he just needs to pretty much get flying up to reclass into wyvern since his base class is pretty meh, its considered bad in maddening.

30 spd growth none
10% res growth none
15% luck growth none
45% str growth doesn't redeem the other 3 missing
45% dex growth is good but it's low base and the fact his luck sucks will make it harder to crit
45% def not going to be much to tank when he gets doubled 24/7 by strong hitting enemies and he doesn't have spd to prevent that. And magicial attacks will annihilate him.
55% hp which is good.
35% charm

To fix him? Make him join earlier in the game and tweak possibly his def and str a bit higher since they are intentionally pushing that trajectory with him. Fix his bases as well, atleast with Cyril you got time to let him catch up.
His biggest flaw is his availability and everything else is just a addon.
Bit By Bit we move closer to the peak of society. Frailed by lies and deceiving, but one thing is true beneath the rubble. All memes are valid.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: borderinq

borderinq
1 week ago#3
IME they both do well if you just put them in the most broken class in the game: Wyvern Lord. In my first CF run, Caspar ended up as one of the best characters; his speed was even top notch (he doubled nearly everything, but this was in hard more before maddening was released). I've only done one AM run so far, but once I got Gilbert into the air he did pretty ok.

Although I agree that Gilbert's availabilty does hurt him a lot since it does take him a while to get up on a wyvern and before that he is useless.

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
1 week ago#4
Bench Caspar and field Alois which is RNG proof and no Authority bane.

On topic: Caspar's base SPD really needed to be 1-2 points higher and/or 30 HP like Raphael/Dedue.

What damns Caspar the most is his rather iffy CA list that doesn't give him good HIT Smash aside and authority bane without a movement type boon.
borderinq posted...
IME they both do well if you just put them in the most broken class in the game: Wyvern Lord. In my first CF run, Caspar ended up as one of the best characters; his speed was even top notch (he doubled nearly everything, but this was in hard more before maddening was released). I've only done one AM run so far, but once I got Gilbert into the air he did pretty ok.

Although I agree that Gilbert's availabilty does hurt him a lot since it does take him a while to get up on a wyvern and before that he is useless.

^ Just allow him to be recruited in white clouds, then half of his problems would be fixed.
Bit By Bit we move closer to the peak of society. Frailed by lies and deceiving, but one thing is true beneath the rubble. All memes are valid.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How would you buff the lower tier units?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers