• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Rate the unit; Caspar

User Info: Auteni

Auteni
1 week ago#41
He does get a lot of hate, but in my experiece, which is obviously subjective, he always become a great war master. Can't say the same for Dedue and Rapahel.
We have water, moss, moisture, these nice iron bars...

User Info: Mocorongo

Mocorongo
1 week ago#42
EdeaCreamer posted...
Caspar doesn't learn One-Two Punch, did you mean Bombard?

To the topic question, Caspar's growths and class line are actually pretty decent. What really f***s him is that Authority bane; this badly slows him down when he's already got shaky bases to deal with.
Oh sorry, it was Fierce Iron Fist since he was reclassed back to Grappler, I messed the names
The best bless is health and money: With health you can do almost anything - money can let you do the rest
And a good health allows you to build money - win/win

User Info: Tanookichris

Tanookichris
1 week ago#43
He's Edward Elric 2.0 but funnier. I give Caspar a 7 outta 10! He's really useful in his Grappler class and ready to throw hands when he kicks ass, he can score some kills too. He's a really cute chihuah-- oh s***!!! Edward's coming at me!!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#44
Just give Caspar a Battalion ASAP and set one of his goals as authority. His Authority Growth will be fine. He only really needs C, you can stick him with the Neville battalion that gives +8 Physical Attack: His Charm and charm growth are both low so not a huge loss not getting a offensive Gambit.

The penalty to goal exp between a weakness and a strength winds up being that outright tutoring strengths and setting goals as Weaknesses and Neutrals nets you overall more experience anyway.

Caspar is a decent unit. His growths aren't "shakey" his base is just really rough. You dont want Caspar actually using Axes on EP and should opt for Gauntlets since they actually get him out of double'd hell. EP phase damage is meh this way, but Caspar's Strength is Axe and Gauntlet Boon allowing him to grab Deathblow and Fistfaire. He gets to be one of your more formidable offensive units when he learns Bombard and nukes everything when he learns 1-2 Punch. Only problem is low move and 1 Range Lock.

I say hes a solid 5. He doesnt really care all THAT much about any other stat but Strength, and if it grows at a decent pace, he can do very well with Bombard and Fierce Iron Fist. If his Strength gets screwed though, best chuck him into Fortress Knight and have him function as someone's adjacent.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp
1 week ago#45
He's good as a warmaster and can achieve ludicrous crit rates around endgame. So he's decent, but nothing insanely broken.

6/10 from me.
Anyone who defends microctransactions in a 60$, game needs a hard punch to the face. Keep that stuff to free to play games.
Signed: An activision and EA hater.

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#46
Honestly it's not really the case that Caspar's base stats are that horrible, it's largely that Axes are a horrendous starting weapon. Caspar's base stats ARE a little under par compared to, say Hilda, but Axes are bricks. Very few people can make Axes work from jump.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!

User Info: MartinAW4

MartinAW4
1 week ago#47
He mainly suffers from low bases, the 3rd lowest in the game, only above Cyril and Lysithea.

But he does have pretty good growths, very similar to Byleth. So he will have a rocky start but if you keep using him, he will become quite good. Especially with Warmaster which is probably the best class in the game at fixing low stats due to the amount of overkill power it provides and gives the best skill in the game.

His personal skill is also among the better ones, not only boosting his own hit rates but also allowing teammates to hit enemies he's standing next to.

He's definitely ones of the weaker units in the game but by no means unusable or bad. It just shows that in terms of unit stats, the whole cast is quite well balanced, which unfortunately cannot be said for the classes in this game.

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
1 week ago#48
Vayu_The_End posted...
Honestly it's not really the case that Caspar's base stats are that horrible, it's largely that Axes are a horrendous starting weapon. Caspar's base stats ARE a little under par compared to, say Hilda, but Axes are bricks. Very few people can make Axes work from jump.
Any unit with decent STR and DEX can make axes work

Sylvain, Ferdinand and Leonie could forget being paladins lol, wyvern rider ftw
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 7690620242
Three Houses Waifus: Lysithea, Edelgard, Rhea, Sothis

User Info: EdeaCreamer

EdeaCreamer
1 week ago#49
I feel like they didn't give him enough skill boons, either. Maybe a BT in Heavy Armor or even Authority.
Fifth of cognac, add some triple-sec...

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 week ago#50
EdeaCreamer posted...
I feel like they didn't give him enough skill boons, either. Maybe a BT in Heavy Armor or even Authority.

Yeah, his Authority bane doesn't make sense if you read his supports.

If Authority was based on a person's tactical ability alone, then Felix would have an Authority boon instead of a bane - it's pretty clear it supposed to be based on leadership and, well, AUTHORITY.

Even Hubert admits that Caspar's booming voice is great for issuing orders lol
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Rate the unit; Caspar
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers