• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Tips for Edelgard chapter 17? (Maddening/Classic)

User Info: 4804037267

1 month ago#1
Really, I’m open to anything.

I’m currently running the following units

Level 35 Wyvern Rider Byleth
Level 36 Wyvern Lord Edelgard
Level 33 Mortal Savant Hubert
Level 34 WL Petra
Level 38 Dancer Mercedes
Level 33 DK Lorenz
Level 34 DK Hanneman
Level 33 WL Jeritza
Level 32 Bishop/FK Manuela

I always kill the bolting Mage turn 1. I usually send Petra, Edelgard, and Byleth north to attack the Mercedes replacement to stop the FK and PK reinforcements, but Rhea usually dismantles my team while I’m doing it. One time, I sent everyone to the right to defeat Sylvain and Rhea, but that time I got overwhelmed by the reinforcements.
Number of people who have accidentally called my username: 4 3ds Friend code: 5026-4688-3392
Hi, I'm Mr. Numbers or unused ups phone number guy.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 month ago#2
Move everyone in a group like a death ball?
El, You steer the ship the best way you know. Sometimes it's smooth. Sometimes you hit the rocks. In the meantime, you find your pleasures where you can.

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 month ago#3
Oh s***, your comp doesn't really have anyone who can tank or lock-down, does it?

Hmmm... in that case, I would try dropping Hubert and try to kite the enemy to death.

Make sure Manuella is in her FK class, and give her a Levin Sword+

Give Hannenman a Magic Bow+ if he has enough skill to wield it, and Thyrus / Cad if he doesn't.

Reclass Mercedes to Bishop for double Psychic / Fortify uses and +10 healing, and have her support the team from as far away as possible.

That's all I got :B

Next time I highly recommend investing in Bernie and making Ferdie your dancer - having someone who can lock down enemies with Encloser from 4 tiles away and having a reliable dodge tank who can lure in enemies and stall for time is incredibly helpful.
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: Lunchador

Lunchador
1 month ago#4
Ignore the east side. Go straight north to clear everything on that corner. It will also stop the endless reinforcements too. East side will not aggro and Rhea won't trigger until you get close to Dimitri.
Defender of truth, justice, and the noontime meal!

User Info: Pewpewblaster97

Pewpewblaster97
1 month ago#5
- Killing off Seiros will make all the reinforcements except for the Falcoknights and Golems to retreat, so you should priotize taking her down when she shows up.

- The Blessing Gambit really helps in taking Seiros since her sword will absorb health for every hit she lands. If you've make a low HP unit attack her and have her bring them down to 1 HP instead though, she won't be able absorb any health since its based on damage inflicted.

- The Impregnable Wall Gambit can also really help to block off enemy units at the choke point near the rivers in case you need a little more time in defeating some other enemies.

- Try forging some weapons with some high Crit as the Killer + Weapons or the Woa Dao + to help deal with the monsters. They all have 0 Luck, so crits are particularly effective aganist them.

- Don't be afraid of using any Aymr uses for Raging Strom. The longer the map goes on, the harder it will be to clear out. You should be aiming to end the map as quickly as possible.
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth

User Info: FajitaEata

FajitaEata
1 month ago#6
I'm on this chapter too and got genuinely stomped by Rhea's reinforcements. I figured just sending everyone North is probably the best bet.

User Info: Auteni

Auteni
1 month ago#7
Oh man I dont mean to be nasty but your team seems very underleveled and chapter 18 is even worse. I'd advice advancing slowly, using the gambits that were already mentioned to survived and kill Rhea but also keep in mind that you want as much exp as possible so i wouldnt kill Rhea before killing all the other knights of seiros (that leave the map if you kill rhea). Also the Falcon Knights up north stop spawning when you kill the female Bishop (which is where Mercedes is if you dont recruit her). You can also try to farm those.
We have water, moss, moisture, these nice iron bars...

User Info: Pewpewblaster97

Pewpewblaster97
1 month ago#8
Auteni posted...
Oh man I dont mean to be nasty but your team seems very underleveled and chapter 18 is even worse.

How are they underleveled? They're at the recommended level the chapter suggests and Exp gain drops like a rock the closer you get to an enemy.

Besides, having more levels pales in to comparison to having an actual good strategy.
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth

User Info: Auteni

Auteni
1 month ago#9
Pewpewblaster97 posted...
Auteni posted...
Oh man I dont mean to be nasty but your team seems very underleveled and chapter 18 is even worse.

Besides, having more levels pales in to comparison to having an actual good strategy.

I didnt say that. To me, IMO, for CF maddening, it seems underleveled. He can still win though, Im sure. It just wouldnt hurt to be closer to level 40 at endgame.
We have water, moss, moisture, these nice iron bars...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Tips for Edelgard chapter 17? (Maddening/Classic)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers