• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How should I use my stat boosting items on maddening for the Blue Lions?

User Info: akira595

akira595
1 month ago#1
I'm playing through Maddening on NG with the BL and I'm wondering how I should use my stat boosting items? Would it be a waste to give them to someone poor in a stat? I can't tell if I should buff someone already good with something or give them to someone struggling? I'm trying to use the whole class and not just make one powerhouse.
"Well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks.."

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 month ago#2
Give everything to Dimitri and watch numbers fly
El, You steer the ship the best way you know. Sometimes it's smooth. Sometimes you hit the rocks. In the meantime, you find your pleasures where you can.

User Info: Lurkerkiller

Lurkerkiller
1 month ago#3
In this game you should wait till a character gets to an advanced class before using stat boosters, unless you see they have already past the advanced classes bases.

Also, it's never a good idea to give stat boosters to patch up a weakness. It's much better to further a characters strength.

Also, in 3H, boosters are best used on Byleth since he must be deployed on every mission and paralogue. Also chapter 13. The house lord isn't a bad idea either on any route except SS.

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp
1 month ago#4
Best use is to further a characters own good stats with them.

Don't give your speed boost items to Dedue thinking you'll bring him to a good speed level, even if you give him a ton. He will never really reach a point where he can consistantly double enemies, all it does is put him at a threshold where he won't be doubled as much. While in this same situation you could just throw defense boosting items his way and you'll get a similar result, yes he'll be doubled every round. But 0x2 is still 0 damage.

This also allows you to free up the speed items for someone like Felix who already has good speed. And giving him more allows him to double even the absolute fastest enemies in the game.

Although I would save the strength boosters for Ingrid, maybe throw a few towards Ashe. Both need them the absolute most out of the blue lion units. Ingrid uses it better though since she has flyer mobility and it allows her to easily assassinate key backline enemies without effort. While Ashe can use them to, but you can also fix his damage by forging a strong weapon for him.
Anyone who defends microctransactions in a 60$, game needs a hard punch to the face. Keep that stuff to free to play games.
Signed: An activision and EA hater.

User Info: sonicnewboy

sonicnewboy
1 month ago#5
I like to save most of my stat boosters for the end game, then splurge all at once and give them to units who already excel at a stat. Or I do it if I'm stuck in a stage and the only way I can win is by giving them to my units. But like another user said, save it for the end after you've reached the mastery classes (since doing so gives stat ups as well).
FC: 2449-4776-5871 (New Boy)

User Info: SephirothsFlame

SephirothsFlame
1 month ago#6
Like the above said, give it to boost up someone's strength. On Blue Lions, I usually boost the hell out of Dimitri's strength. I give Dedue all my Defense Boosters. Byleth usually gets everything else since they're usually my speediest unit.

For Silver Snow specifically, I just hyper buff Seteth and Byleth. Good luck with Chapter 13 otherwise.
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/heartlessseph

User Info: TalkNoJutsu

TalkNoJutsu
1 month ago#7
SephirothsFlame posted...
Like the above said, give it to boost up someone's strength. On Blue Lions, I usually boost the hell out of Dimitri's strength. I give Dedue all my Defense Boosters. Byleth usually gets everything else since they're usually my speediest unit.

For Silver Snow specifically, I just hyper buff Seteth and Byleth. Good luck with Chapter 13 otherwise.
About to start Blue Lions, probably going to do the same. Wonder if it'd be worth trying to also patch up Dedue's low Res? Just so he's not 1 round material from any enemy mage at all?
All about them 90's JRPGs and anime, Fam! Chrono Trigger for GOAT

User Info: D412kKn16h7

D412kKn16h7
1 month ago#8
Str: Ingrid, because she needs every str she can get to reliably one round mages late game.

Dex: your crit machine/archer.

Mag: Annette to one shot

SPD: Either Ingrid to improve dodging ability or someone with mid tier speed like Felix or Dimitri

Def: Dedue to wall units or Sylvain to do a worse job at it but still maintain mobility.

Res: Ingrid

Cha: Your (dodge) tank to dodge gambits.

I know I mentioned Ingrid a lot but that's because she's really good killing mages, especially the prevalent siege tome mages in late game. And she's never ended up good without stat booster investment for me. She gets rid of some big headaches though so it's worth it imo.
FC: 1977-1447-4925
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How should I use my stat boosting items on maddening for the Blue Lions?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers