• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Which of these words describes Edelgard the best?

User Info: Gylf_Cloud

Gylf_Cloud
1 month ago#231
Love. Life.
Stick to your day job. You'll not only be making more money, but you'll be happier having avoided a disastrous blow to what little respect I have for you.

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
1 month ago#232
Chefcook90 posted...
What "other" fact?

Did you actually play CF, or did you get all of your "facts" from watching cutscenes on YouTube?
You get a LOT of background context from monastery conversations, y'know - you can't just watch the cutscenes and expect to have a full grasp on the plot, ESPECIALLY when it comes to TWSITD.

Maybe you forgot, but the whole reason why TWSITD nuked the Silver Maiden was because Edelgard stabbed them in the back and killed Cornelia under the pretense of launching a surprise attack on the fortress city.

Yes, I actually played CF; otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered mentioning the light javelin attack on Fhirdiad.

The reason I mentioned looking for a YouTube video is because I completed CF before Jeritza was released, & was curious to see if there was any special dialogue when he joined if Mercedes was recruited.

Nope. Didn't forget that either. What I tried to point out is simply that Edelgard lied to the other students in the Black Eagle Strike Force about who was responsible for said attack. She took advantage of the situation as an excuse to motivate her force to fight against an enemy who wasn't actually responsible.

You're clearly overreacting.
8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
1 month ago#233
ifnsman posted...

Yes, I actually played CF; otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered mentioning the light javelin attack on Fhirdiad.

The reason I mentioned looking for a YouTube video is because I completed CF before Jeritza was released, & was curious to see if there was any special dialogue when he joined if Mercedes was recruited.

Nope. Didn't forget that either. What I tried to point out is simply that Edelgard lied to the other students in the Black Eagle Strike Force about who was responsible for said attack. She took advantage of the situation as an excuse to motivate her force to fight against an enemy who wasn't actually responsible.

You're clearly overreacting.

Did you even pay attention to the timing? They were close to the end of the war. Finding out about an extra enemy this late would be a Morale killer.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex, The Glass Wraith Of Gamefaqs.
Hoping to be a Therapist/Counsellor for the Three Houses Cast, they really need one badly.

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
1 month ago#234
goodJT posted...
Finding out about an extra enemy this late would be a Morale killer.

Like this doesn't happen in other FE games?
8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 month ago#235
ifnsman posted...
Like this doesn't happen in other FE games?

"Guys! I know we've been fighting each other forever but I just learned that someone - who I can't talk about or I'll turn into bubbles - is behind everything and pulling all the strings and we gotta jump into this bottomless chasm to fight them!"
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

User Info: Ad_Victoriam

Ad_Victoriam
1 month ago#236
goodJT posted...
Did you even pay attention to the timing? They were close to the end of the war. Finding out about an extra enemy this late would be a Morale killer.

Half, if not more, of the Fire Emblem franchise involves dealing with some bigger threat after we beat the person we believe to be the final boss. Medeus is after Gharnef, Duma after Rudolph, Medeus after Hardin, Idunn after Zephiel, Fomortiis after Lyon, Grima after Validar, Anankos after Garon... it's not that hard to believe that they would pull some other "oh, Ganon was behind everything" nonsense.
"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
1 month ago#237
Ad_Victoriam posted...

Half, if not more, of the Fire Emblem franchise involves dealing with some bigger threat after we beat the person we believe to be the final boss. Medeus is after Gharnef, Duma after Rudolph, Medeus after Hardin, Idunn after Zephiel, Fomortiis after Lyon, Grima after Validar, Anankos after Garon... it's not that hard to believe that they would pull some other "oh, Ganon was behind everything" nonsense.

At least in GD, Edelgard was the presumed final boss until Shamballa was revealed, followed by Nemesis.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex, The Glass Wraith Of Gamefaqs.
Hoping to be a Therapist/Counsellor for the Three Houses Cast, they really need one badly.

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
1 month ago#238
@Toadmode
Edelgard is not real. 23 pages of arguing over your favorite waifu is ridiculous. Go exercise.
I can see her with my own 2 eyes, EDELGARD IS REAL!!!!!!!!!
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 7690620242
Three Houses Waifus: Edelgard, Rhea, Sothis, Lysithea
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Which of these words describes Edelgard the best?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers